Search this Thread

Old 08-09-16, 09:12 PM
duken52
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you Poqman.
Liftmaster 855LM HomeLink Repeater Kit.
Where can I get it?

Checking homelink.com, it says we need a HomeLink Compatibility Bridge Kit.
Is it similar to Liftmaster 855LM HomeLink Repeater Kit that you mentioned?

Here's the procedure:
INSTALL AND PROGRAM THE HOMELINK® COMPATIBILITY BRIDGE
1.Program the HomeLink in your vehicle using the new remote control included in the HomeLink Compatibility Bridge Kit in place of your original garage door remote control. Refer to your vehicle’s owner’s manual for programming steps.2.Plug the HomeLink Compatibility Bridge into a 120 vAC polarized outlet, located as close as possible to your garage door opener.3.Straighten the antenna4.Press and release the YELLOW “Learn” button on the garage door opener. The “Learn” LED will glow steadily.5.Within 30 seconds press and hold the programmed HomeLink button in your vehicle.6.Release the HomeLink button when the garage door opener light blinks. If light bulbs are not installed in the garage door opener, two clicks will be heard.7.Press and hold the programmed HomeLink button for 2 seconds, three times. Your door should now be operational.
Old 08-09-16, 09:42 PM
duken52
Driver School Candidate

Poqman,

I found it on Amazon.com for less than $30.
It goes to tell us Technology moves fast.
We still love our Lexus nevertheless.
Club Lexus Forum really rocks.
Thanks again!
Old 08-16-16, 06:41 PM
duken52
Driver School Candidate

Happy to report that both SC430 and LS460 are programmed with the garage door opener today.
The SC was fairly easy but the LS took a bit more work.
Patient is the virtue here.

Homelink and Lexus need to be aware of this.
Especially Lexus Dealer's Service Advisors.
They have no knowledge of this repeater and immediately passing the buck to Homelink.
It's hard to get a person alive from Homelink.
Old 08-17-16, 04:49 AM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Glad to hear it worked for you. I agree that the programming is tedious, but at least with the repeater, it's possible.
Old 08-17-16, 06:14 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by duken52
Happy to report that both SC430 and LS460 are programmed with the garage door opener today..
Was it the Compatibility Link or the Repeater Kit that fixed the problem for you?
Old 08-18-16, 10:42 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
Was it the Compatibility Link or the Repeater Kit that fixed the problem for you?
Johnny, looks like the same thing with different names..compare these two links...I think they are the same box.
https://www.amazon.com/LiftMaster-85.../dp/B01GWD4LUI
http://www.chamberlain.com/homelink/...ibility-bridge

for what it's worth, I installed this about two yrs ago and it worked great with my older home link units.

here is a link to home link, where you can look up your car and the door operator you have or want.

Last edited by Bgw70; 08-18-16 at 10:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
OBP (01-19-17)
Old 01-19-17, 06:16 PM
OBP
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Alright, lemme try this repeater - I tried about 6 times on my brand new garage door opener and it failed. The SC never had an issue with 10 year old garage door units. Just these new ones. Hope this works out. Will report back after my repeater arrives.
Old 01-20-17, 02:32 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by OBP
Alright, lemme try this repeater - I tried about 6 times on my brand new garage door opener and it failed. The SC never had an issue with 10 year old garage door units. Just these new ones. Hope this works out. Will report back after my repeater arrives.
they changed the homelink standard or version a few years ago and the new version is not backwards compatible with the old.

just take your time and it should work the first time. Also, keep the repeater remote and instructions in a place where you will find it in the future, LoL
trust me on that one! ;-)

Last edited by Bgw70; 01-20-17 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-20-17, 06:56 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 153 Posts

I just put in the repeater for a new opener for my daughters 2000 RX and it worked immediately. Very easy. I think they changed the Homelink standard in 2007.
Old 01-28-17, 07:59 AM
OBP
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by OBP

Alright reporting back as promised - it worked but there is a quirk to it. Managed to program 2 garage doors into the left and middle button respectively. Getting the buttons to accept the signal from the repeater unit special remote was easy - just like in the instructions cos I ensured a brand new battery was in the repeater remote. First garage door was a cinch - everything like what it said in the instructions - I had a learn button next to the door opener switch so did not need to climb up to the opener itself to activate the learn function - done in 30 secs. Second garage door was harder - used the learn button next to the garage door opener wall switch and the car just would not sync with the second garage door opener. Finally, climbed up a ladder, hit the learn button on the second opener that is located on the back of the unit itself and homelink button two in the SC synced on the second try. So finally a happy camper.

BTW for my other cars ( 2010 onwards Acura/Benz) I never had the same issue with the second garage door opener. The learn button next to the wall switch worked to sync the cars buttons. Never had to climb up to hit the button on the door opener itself.

Anyway, glad it all worked out - so yes the homelink repeater thing is the answer. Bought on Ebay -$25.
Old 01-28-17, 08:34 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

I wonder if the newer Homelink products have pc boards in them that would fit and work in our units so we could just replace the boards in our cars and have the newer interfaces?
Old 01-29-17, 03:58 PM
DylanFan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nbontis
I was having a similar problem in getting it to work.

I was pressing the hand-held remote every 2 seconds as recommended in the manual.

When I tried pressing the "learn" button instead on the roof mounted console it finally worked.

You actually have to hold down the Homelink button for about 2 seconds for the garage door to start working.

Cheers, Nick
That is the same problem that I had while trying to program the HomeLink. I would go through the learning steps and it would not open the garage door. Finally I got mad and held the HomeLink button down for a couple of seconds and the door opened! It does not work as fast as the door opener remote!
Old 01-30-17, 10:28 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DylanFan
That is the same problem that I had while trying to program the HomeLink. I would go through the learning steps and it would not open the garage door. Finally I got mad and held the HomeLink button down for a couple of seconds and the door opened! It does not work as fast as the door opener remote!
you are correct and it's because of the repeater. The device receives one type of signal and converts it to the new type of signal.