SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Headlight output shots? 02-05

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-18, 06:42 PM
Hyper15125
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Headlight output shots? 02-05

Anyone have any headlight output shots against a wall or garage or soemthing? My D/S seems alot lower than my P/S not sure of that is normal for this car. Im not really into these auto leveling lights.

i put additional projectors in them and converged them on the bench but when reinstalled and turned on the D/S low beam adjusted to a low position. Cant see in the photo;
Old 05-06-18, 06:45 PM
Hyper15125
Pit Crew

Output.........
Old 05-06-18, 06:56 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

....lol....I don't have an output shot, but have the same issue & just haven't dealt with it, because it isn't bad, but I know they are off a little. Looking @ your pic, I would have said the d/s was higher, it might just be the angle
Old 05-06-18, 07:03 PM
Hyper15125
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by texsexlex
....lol....I don't have an output shot, but have the same issue & just haven't dealt with it, because it isn't bad, but I know they are off a little. Looking @ your pic, I would have said the d/s was higher, it might just be the angle
actually in the pic you cant see the different projector beams, I need to unplug the new inner projectors to get it to show, the camera didnt pick it up.

Quads...............
Old 05-06-18, 07:10 PM
texsexlex
Racer

.....I can see the glare of the lights & that they are off a little from your pic. With your new setup, do you adjust them the same way, as you would the factory ones ? If so, it's just a turn of the adjustment screw & it's been written here on the forum, that the process takes more time than you would expect
Old 05-06-18, 07:18 PM
Hyper15125
Pit Crew

Im talking about the auto leveling. I am familiar with the manual adjustments. I’ve built 100’s of retrofit setups but this is my 1st try at the SC. I converged (lined up the cutoffs) perfectly on the bench but when the Drivers side motor kicked in it adjusted the factory low beam down lower than the other projectors
Old 05-06-18, 07:30 PM
texsexlex
Racer

.....if I remember correctly, there are two......one is located in the rear, maybe the rear sway bar assembly & the other is up front, on a suspension part. I'm being a little vague, because I would have to look under the car to locate it. I'll look at some of my pics & see if I can find it for you. You might try giving ShawnOk a pm, because I know he replaced his front leveler & he would know exactly where it was & the process of replacing/fixing it
Old 05-06-18, 07:34 PM
texsexlex
Racer

...and they are both located on the drivers side, if I'm not mistaken
Old 05-06-18, 07:39 PM
Hyper15125
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by texsexlex
...and they are both located on the drivers side, if I'm not mistaken
yeah i know where they are, saw when I did suspension. Was looking for an adjustment on the lamp housing. Thanks
Old 05-07-18, 09:03 AM
sixonemale
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm a little confused on this thread, but after each headlight levels itself out, that's it's final position. So, you can turn the headlamp adjustment screw to either lower or higher the projection of the beam and if I recall correctly it takes a lot of turns to get it to barely move up or down. I've attached a headlamp adjustment PDF for an 06 SC.

As far as the headlight output of the driver's side being lower than the passenger side, that could have been done due to safety associated with driving at night on a two lane road to ensure that oncoming traffic is not hindered or blinded by your driver's side headlight.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
06 headlamp adjustment.pdf (98.2 KB, 53 views)
Old 05-07-18, 03:19 PM
Hyper15125
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by sixonemale
I'm a little confused on this thread, but after each headlight levels itself out, that's it's final position. So, you can turn the headlamp adjustment screw to either lower or higher the projection of the beam and if I recall correctly it takes a lot of turns to get it to barely move up or down. I've attached a headlamp adjustment PDF for an 06 SC.

As far as the headlight output of the driver's side being lower than the passenger side, that could have been done due to safety associated with driving at night on a two lane road to ensure that oncoming traffic is not hindered or blinded by your driver's side headlight.
Thanks, mine is an 02 so its different. The sloped cutoffs are designed to prevent blinding oncoming traffic. The drivers side is way lower and IMO should not be that way. I will have to disconnect the additional projectors to get a proper photo.
Old 05-08-18, 10:27 PM
texsexlex
Racer

....you might try loosening the bolts of the housing, then adjusting the aim & re-tightening them. I had to do this with mine, but it was more a fitment issue, than the projection
Old 05-11-18, 10:52 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

So here's my situation, as I see I was mentioned above. I switched my wheels to 20" and kept getting the AutoLevel warning light on the dash. I thought/and was told by Lexus tech (who charged me a diagnostic fee) that the front sensor was bad. I changed out the front sensor with a used one, which solved my problem, or so I thought. After some time, the light returned. In the end, I "disconnected": the leveling sensors. There are two, both on driver side. Front is connected by an adjustable "arm" connected to a cross member. The rear is connected by the same type of adjustable "arm" connected to the rear sway bar. I disconnected both adjustable "arms" but left the electrical connection intact. Then I parked the car so the lights would shine onto a wall. I played with the front and rear adjustable arms until I got the height I wanted and then tightened down the nut that holds the arm. Now on startup, the lights move for adjustment and rest at highest point possible, and I get no dash error light. Hope this helps.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 05-15-18 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-11-18, 11:40 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 139 Posts

The drivers side is supposed to be lower as to not blind oncoming traffic. This photo is from iihs. It shows how on low beam the two sides shouldn't be equal. This isn't a maladjustment in your headlights.
Old 05-11-18, 11:42 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 139 Posts

Shawn 's issues were different because of total tire diameter change.

Quick Reply: Headlight output shots? 02-05