SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Ejected CDs now will not load CDs? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-17, 04:42 PM
DylanFan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ejected CDs now will not load CDs? Help!

Last night I read a thread on how to remove jammed CDs from the CD player This morning my wife and I got the car out from our parking spot that is under the condo we have rented in Florida for the winter. The thread said to smack the post on the right side of the CD player while holding down the eject button! Nothing for the first 10 minutes or so. Then my wife noticed that a CD was coming out of the unit. I was so excited that I took my finger off the eject button! I then pressed and held the eject button and a total of 5 disks emerged from the unit! I purchased the car 4 months ago and did not try the CD play until I had purchased the car from a private party and drove it home! I believe that all the CDs have been ejected because I cannot turn the CD player on and the manual says that you can't turn it on unless there are CDs in the unit So, I pressed the LOAD button and the screen displays WAIT and the number 1. The green lights lite up but it never displays the word LOAD and the slot cover does not open. I thought I had solved the problem when the CDs ejected. The CDs were there from the previous owner and she said I could keep them The only one I would play was a Foo Fighters CD! I thought the problem would solve itself so every time we stopped the car I would try the LOAD button but no luck! Any thoughts or suggestions? I feel like we are closer to playing CDs in the ML audio system. Oh, my car is a 2003 SC430 with 180,000 miles!.
Attached Thumbnails Ejected CDs now will not load CDs?  Help!-lexus02.jpg   Ejected CDs now will not load CDs?  Help!-lexus10.jpg  
Old 01-02-17, 06:02 PM
DylanFan
Rookie

Quick reply to my own post. A few minutes ago I couldn't find the can of Folgers coffee we bought a couple of days ago anywhere in our condo. The only thing I could think was it was never taken out of the trunk. So, armed with a flashlight I took the elevator down 20 floors to the parking garage and there the coffee can was hiding in the trunk! I got in the car and turned the key to the ignition" spot. The CD player was blinking eject and out popped a 6th CD. That's the good news! The bad news is I still can't load CDs! When I press the LOAD button the screen blinks WAIT but it still does not say LOAD! If I push the CD door open it goes blank! I so want to listen to CDs in my "cruising" car!
Old 01-02-17, 10:07 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

....not sure if it will work or not, but when you push the load button, try to change the cd location button to 2 or 3 & see if this makes a difference. My changer was jammed once & after getting the cds out, I had somehow put an extra in there when loading, so there was a total of seven in the changer. Also when trying to load or unload, look at the lighted display on the radio & see if all 6 numbers are displaying, if not, you may still have a cd in the unit or that is the tray thats giving you the issue. The trays are flimsy & I've seen them move out of sequence a few times or get stuck under/over the next tray
The following users liked this post:
DylanFan (01-03-17)
Old 01-03-17, 01:14 AM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Disconnect the radio for about ten minutes and then plug it back in. It will go through a long alignment routine and I bet that will get you back to working again.

I have repaired two of these radios so far and both times, the springs holding down the top cover which ensures that the trays collapse back down and also prevents the top tray from coming off the tracks, had lost their tension.
DylanFan (01-03-17)
Old 01-03-17, 06:15 AM
DylanFan
Rookie

Originally Posted by Retroplay
Disconnect the radio for about ten minutes and then plug it back in. It will go through a long alignment routine and I bet that will get you back to working again.

I have repaired two of these radios so far and both times, the springs holding down the top cover which ensures that the trays collapse back down and also prevents the top tray from coming off the tracks, had lost their tension.
Aside from disconnecting the battery is there an easy way to disconnect the radio?
Old 01-03-17, 10:41 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by DylanFan
Aside from disconnecting the battery is there an easy way to disconnect the radio?
look in the owners manual, it will show you the location of the radio fuses, the 30 AMP Radio-1 fuse in the engine compartment and the 10 AMP Radio-2 fuse located on the driver side kick panel.

Last edited by Bgw70; 01-03-17 at 10:49 AM.
DylanFan (01-03-17)
Old 01-03-17, 01:46 PM
DylanFan
Rookie

As the late, great, Leonard Cohen so often said in song, "Hallelujah!" My long nightmare is over! This morning we went downstairs to get the car out of the garage. I once again pressed the LOAD button and the screen flashed WAIT and never did say LOAD! About the 5th time I tried it the word LOAD appeared. It took about 3 times to get the insert angle right but we finally managed to load a CD! We only had the CDs that we managed to remove from the CD player by hitting the side of the CD player while pressing the EJECT button! One of the released CDs was named GARBAGE and when we inserted it we found out what GARBAGE was! Since up until this point the CD player would not work we didn't bring any CDs with us on our 3 month vacation to Florida! So, we were cruising with GARBAGE blasting out of the ML audio system! Thanks everyone for your tips and comments!
Old 01-03-17, 01:53 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

That's great news DylanFan. Be careful about what CDs you insert into the player, thicker CDs or CDs with paper labels on them will jam the system. So prerecorded CDs ("albums") that you buy from the store should be fine but if you create your own, you might be prepared for another sticking incident.

Glad it is up and running now. Enjoy.
DylanFan (01-03-17)