2006 SC430 Retractable Shade Part Number - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

2006 SC430 Retractable Shade Part Number

Old 06-21-16, 05:00 PM
  #1  
rudyH
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
rudyH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 367
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2006 SC430 Retractable Shade Part Number

Hi guys.

Does anyone have the part number for the retractable shade located in the trunk? Mine is disintegrating. I may try to fix it, it's coming unglued, but I may just get a new or used one if I find one. I'm assuming all years are the same or no? Also, it's just the two screws or bolts under the plastic caps right? I'm not worried about figuring it out but on these cars you never know what awaits you. Thanks folks!
rudyH is offline  
Old 06-21-16, 05:27 PM
  #2  
Coleroad
Lexus Champion
 
Coleroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,671
Thanked 82 Times in 77 Posts
Default

If you do a search under Lexus Atlanta parts oem. There you can put in your car and it has all the parts diagrams and part numbers. I'm sure there are other sites, that's just the one I use.

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.com/

Last edited by Coleroad; 06-22-16 at 05:08 AM.
Coleroad is offline  
Old 06-21-16, 06:55 PM
  #3  
rudyH
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
rudyH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 367
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
Before you get a new one you might want to talk to bgw70. I seem to remember him showing the how to from the shop manual. It was quite an involved task. If I'm remembering correctly.

If you do a search under Lexus Atlanta parts oem. There you can put in your car and it has all the parts diagrams and part numbers. I'm sure there are other sites, that's just the one I use.

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.com/
Hey thanks for that! BGW is the goto guy for a lot of stuff. I'll check into it before I start messing with it.
rudyH is offline  
Old 06-21-16, 08:35 PM
  #4  
tuterz
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,546
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It is just 2 nuts 10mm nuts under the plastic caps. I removed it not long ago to install aftermarket subwoofer and amp.
tuterz is offline  
Old 06-21-16, 09:09 PM
  #5  
Bgw70
Lexus Champion
 
Bgw70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Fl
Posts: 4,864
Thanked 258 Times in 217 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rudyH View Post
Hi guys.

Does anyone have the part number for the retractable shade located in the trunk? Mine is disintegrating. I may try to fix it, it's coming unglued, but I may just get a new or used one if I find one. I'm assuming all years are the same or no? Also, it's just the two screws or bolts under the plastic caps right? I'm not worried about figuring it out but on these cars you never know what awaits you. Thanks folks!
Is this what you are looking for? Here are seven for sale on eBay. Yes, only two 10mm bolts, just open the plug cover for access to the bolts. Very easy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-02-09-...BWnZb9&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-02-09-...ZXN69d&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2003-20...pVeuAl&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-2009-LEXU...FWbiGo&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-LEXUS-S...NWzSeA&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-SC430-L...dTMktU&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2010-SC...BVsE3l&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Bgw70; 06-21-16 at 09:17 PM.
Bgw70 is online now  
Old 06-22-16, 04:36 AM
  #6  
MikeSC430D
Rookie
 
MikeSC430D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 64
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

MikeSC430D is offline  
Old 06-22-16, 04:39 AM
  #7  
rudyH
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
rudyH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 367
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks guys. I'm glad it's just the 2 bolts. I saw those on ebay and will check again but I'm paranoid about buying from there. I've had good and bad experiences from there. Anyway, as I said, thanks for the information. Best user forum on the net!

Last edited by rudyH; 06-22-16 at 05:25 AM.
rudyH is offline  
Old 06-22-16, 08:44 AM
  #8  
Bgw70
Lexus Champion
 
Bgw70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Fl
Posts: 4,864
Thanked 258 Times in 217 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rudyH View Post
Thanks guys. I'm glad it's just the 2 bolts. I saw those on ebay and will check again but I'm paranoid about buying from there. I've had good and bad experiences from there. Anyway, as I said, thanks for the information. Best user forum on the net!
Hey Rudy,
I purchased plenty of parts for my SC on eBay and all were just what the seller said they were.
The biggest things with these sellers are their description, communications and most important good feedback.

Here is the thing, with that many of the same low demand part for an SC430, they will negotiate and you will get a great deal.

I just noticed two of the covers have been sold, I hope you purchased one of them Rudy.

If you want help working with them, let me know, I will help you find the part you are happy with, otherwise, purchase the part new for $513


Last edited by Bgw70; 06-22-16 at 09:08 AM.
Bgw70 is online now  
Old 06-22-16, 01:09 PM
  #9  
Harold57
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,251
Thanked 69 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Interesting Bgw. I checked out one of the ebay listings you listed (2nd or 3rd) and the seller is indicating that he is parting out a 2002 & a 2004 SC430. Probably worth checking with him if anyone needs anything or wants a backup component.
Harold57 is offline  
Old 06-22-16, 02:18 PM
  #10  
Bgw70
Lexus Champion
 
Bgw70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Fl
Posts: 4,864
Thanked 258 Times in 217 Posts
Default

I just sent him a message for other parts and will let you know what he says.
Bgw70 is online now  
Old 06-22-16, 05:21 PM
  #11  
rudyH
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
rudyH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 367
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bgw70 View Post
Hey Rudy,
I purchased plenty of parts for my SC on eBay and all were just what the seller said they were.
The biggest things with these sellers are their description, communications and most important good feedback.

Here is the thing, with that many of the same low demand part for an SC430, they will negotiate and you will get a great deal.

I just noticed two of the covers have been sold, I hope you purchased one of them Rudy.

If you want help working with them, let me know, I will help you find the part you are happy with, otherwise, purchase the part new for $513

I indeed bought one from one of the links you posted. If there's a problem it's YOUR FAULT! Thanks again.
rudyH is offline  
Old 06-23-16, 05:15 AM
  #12  
Bgw70
Lexus Champion
 
Bgw70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Fl
Posts: 4,864
Thanked 258 Times in 217 Posts
Default

LoL, but you pulled the trigger before I could evaluate the seller! ;-)

From looking at his feedback, I believe you selected the one with 99.9% and over 4000 feedback responses. I would feel good about this seller.

Remember, it won't be perfect. Perfect would be $513 plus shipping.

Last edited by Bgw70; 06-23-16 at 05:18 AM.
Bgw70 is online now  
Old 06-23-16, 02:25 PM
  #13  
rudyH
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
rudyH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: CA
Posts: 367
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bgw70 View Post
LoL, but you pulled the trigger before I could evaluate the seller! ;-)

From looking at his feedback, I believe you selected the one with 99.9% and over 4000 feedback responses. I would feel good about this seller.

Remember, it won't be perfect. Perfect would be $513 plus shipping.
The seller seemed honest. Lots of detailed pics which is a good indicator. Thanks again.
rudyH is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 SC430 Retractable Shade Part Number


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: