SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

navigation disc stuck

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-16, 10:27 AM
jimbo409
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default navigation disc stuck

My navigation doesn't work I looked in the trunk mounter loading spot and it looks like there is a disc in there but I cant be sure.I pressed the eject button and nothing happens,is there a way to see if there is even a disc in there.Thanks Jimbo
Old 01-27-16, 10:48 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

If there is no disk in there, Then there is nothing to eject. Try and load any cd and see if it it will accept it. If it does then you need to buy the correct version of dvd disk.
Old 01-27-16, 11:05 AM
jimbo409
Pit Crew

thanks I will try and load any disc
Old 01-27-16, 11:10 AM
jimbo409
Pit Crew

I tried loading a cd but nothing.It would not go in no dound or nothing.seems like there is no power could there be a bad fuse or maybe the unit in the trunk is bad.how do you check to see if the trunk part is bad or the navigation unit itself.Hate to just start buying prts
also can I put in a later model navigatoion in the car and if so what would you recommend.Thanks Jimbo
Old 01-27-16, 11:40 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 853 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo409
My navigation doesn't work I looked in the trunk mounter loading spot and it looks like there is a disc in there but I cant be sure.I pressed the eject button and nothing happens,is there a way to see if there is even a disc in there.Thanks Jimbo
Did you slide the switch over to gain access to the eject button?

Did you attempt the eject with the key on?
Old 01-27-16, 12:33 PM
jimbo409
Pit Crew

no, did not try eject with the key on.I will try that when I get back home thanks Jimbo
Old 01-28-16, 08:08 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Did the disk come out?
Old 01-28-16, 02:07 PM
jimbo409
Pit Crew

No the disc didn't come out but after a few tries the navigation screen seems to work.what I don't understand is I press the eject button and no disc comes out.
When I first started the car the navigation screen said the disc door must be closed,after a few times the door was closed and it looked like the navigation is working. How come the disc won't reject any ideas
Old 01-28-16, 03:04 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

No the disc didn't come out but after a few tries the navigation screen seems to work.what I don't understand is I press the eject button and no disc comes out.
When I first started the car the navigation screen said the disc door must be closed,after a few times the door was closed and it looked like the navigation is working. How come the disc won't reject any ideas
I am not sure why it will not eject...hope this pic helps.

Slide to the right, you will see the DVD door open, push the button and the disk will come out.
Make sure the key is on.
If it working, you may want to leave it alone.
Also, refer to the owners manual!

Last edited by Bgw70; 01-28-16 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-28-16, 03:33 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

When you say it is working now did you enter in a destination and see if you are able to get map directions to the destination.
Old 01-29-16, 04:48 AM
jimbo409
Pit Crew

no I did not try and enter a destination,I am in the process of detailing it and have not had it out driving yet.I did the door slide open and the door to the dvd opens up I then push the eject button and nothing happens
Old 01-29-16, 05:53 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

no I did not try and enter a destination,I am in the process of detailing it and have not had it out driving yet.I did the door slide open and the door to the dvd opens up I then push the eject button and nothing happens
With the key on?
Old 01-29-16, 11:00 AM
jimbo409
Pit Crew

yes with the key on the door opens but when I press the eject button nothing happens,No soud or nothing
Old 01-29-16, 11:14 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

yes with the key on the door opens but when I press the eject button nothing happens,No soud or nothing

If nothing happens when the key is on and there is no disk ejected when you press the button. Have you tried to load any disk . If you try this and the drive loads the disk then you know that there was no nav disk in the drive to start with.

You did mention in one of your posts that the nav screen started to work. I had asked you if you tried to enter a destination you said no your detailing the car. Its confusing at best when you reply
with questions that were asked. When you say the nav screen works what do you mean??

Originally Posted by jimbo409 View Post

Old 01-29-16, 04:29 PM
jimbo409
Pit Crew

I did try and load a disc but it would not go in..by saying the navigation works I just mean that the screen did not have any error message on it.sorry for the confusion.i will try and enter a destination tomorrow when I start it up and take it for its maiden drive.thanks jimbo

Quick Reply: navigation disc stuck