SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Any performance modded sc430??

Old 08-08-13, 07:38 PM
Blackrain
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any performance modded sc430??

I was wondering whats been done and tried ? Any regrets going boosted? Any issues with reliability once you've modded the sc430? Can srt intake and ecu for the gs430 work with the sc430 model? Any headers for the gs430 fit the sc430 engine? Should be the same. Anyone squeezing nitrous. And how much? And how long have you had it or frequently used it? Gs430 took 225 wet for 6 months then the rod flew out of my block. Don't want to do that again. One big question is the 2002 sc430 a one legger as well ( no LSD)?
Old 08-08-13, 08:30 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm waiting on the SRT supercharger but may pick up the SRT intake and ECU until then.

Right now I have the PPE headers, Megan downpipe, and Magnaflow catback. I think the intake should make a marked difference but my current setup sounds mean and performs well.
Old 08-09-13, 07:48 AM
Blackrain
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MrMark
I'm waiting on the SRT supercharger but may pick up the SRT intake and ECU until then.

Right now I have the PPE headers, Megan downpipe, and Magnaflow catback. I think the intake should make a marked difference but my current setup sounds mean and performs well.
Will the srt supercharger be for the sc430 or for the gs platform? On your exhaust work, how much hp did you gain? I saw only a intake for the sc on srt website, only good when you have they're ecu to compliment. Unless they're coming out with one or you fitting one on from the gs ?

Last edited by Blackrain; 08-09-13 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-09-13, 08:04 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blackrain
Will the srt supercharger be for the sc430 or for the gs platform? On your exhaust work, how much hp did you gain? I saw only a intake for the sc on srt website, only good when you have they're ecu to compliment. Unless they're coming out with one or you fitting one on from the gs ?
The SC supercharger will be for the SC....they are adapting it from the GS version right now. Engine management is being worked on to iron out some kinks.

I may get the SC specific intake with the ECU for now. I have not dyno'd the car so I do not have numbers, just "butt dyno".
Old 08-10-13, 07:30 PM
Blackrain
Driver School Candidate

Butt dyno lol. Just found out our car don't come with LSD never understood why. So have anyone drop in a LSD in their car? Will the supra mk4 LSD work on our sc? Or recommended aftermarket version?
Old 08-10-13, 08:12 PM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

you don't want to put a charger on a stock engine even 6 pounds boosts. if you do the engine will not last to long. if you put a supra in with the charger great mod. cost big time. you seem to have a lot of extra money and nothing better to do with it.
just my 02 cents

Last edited by bacardi11; 08-11-13 at 04:09 AM.
Old 08-11-13, 08:38 AM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As a suggestion with some searching and reading you will find that folks have done most of the mods you mention. Also take a look at lextreme dot com ... Lots of mods for engine updates that will support turbo or superchargers. Folks have swapped out their pumpkin for the supra tt with lsd and higher gear ratio too.

I have been getting dynos after each engine mod - just got the ppe headers put in and will do dyno next week and will post it. See my recent thread re custom exhaust. (Sorry no sound clip yet)

Last edited by SlvBullet; 08-11-13 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-11-13, 11:31 AM
Blackrain
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
As a suggestion with some searching and reading you will find that folks have done most of the mods you mention. Also take a look at lextreme dot com ... Lots of mods for engine updates that will support turbo or superchargers. Folks have swapped out their pumpkin for the supra tt with lsd and higher gear ratio too.

I have been getting dynos after each engine mod - just got the ppe headers put in and will do dyno next week and will post it. See my recent thread re custom exhaust. (Sorry sound yet)
Nice. I guess I do that this week with the supra pumpkin and ppe headers. You know is they're a software for the I/h/e. To fully take advantage of the upgrades or will the ecu reset do it?
Old 08-11-13, 11:46 AM
Blackrain
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bacardi11
you don't want to put a charger on a stock engine even 6 pounds boosts. if you do the engine will not last to long. if you put a supra in with the charger great mod. cost big time. you seem to have a lot of extra money and nothing better to do with it.
just my 02 cents
Here's your 2 cent refunded. Lmao. I'm not talking about swapping in a 2jz thats pointless unless I'm going to go extreme, I was asking about the LSD or aka pumpkin.
Old 02-23-15, 12:02 PM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Did you get your SRT supercharger? How did you like it? How much did it cost and what is the power increase? SRT=swift racing technology, correct?
Old 02-23-15, 04:45 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexBrett
Did you get your SRT supercharger? How did you like it? How much did it cost and what is the power increase? SRT=swift racing technology, correct?
Yeah.....Swift Racing.....never brought the car to them.

Spent the money on this instead...

Old 02-23-15, 08:56 PM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Good decision
Old 02-24-15, 03:47 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mademedoit
Yea, nice Ls . Do you have a build thread in the LS section. Any more pics?

Here you go.....it's debut was as SEMA in Nov right in your backyard !!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ema-build.html
Old 02-24-15, 10:05 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here you go.....it's debut was as SEMA in Nov right in your backyard !!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ema-build.html
WOW! I just looked through that thread. That is an Awesome build and beautiful LS. Wonderful creativity and top notch work. Is there a rear bumper and diffuser like that for the SC?
Old 02-25-15, 07:03 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
WOW! I just looked through that thread. That is an Awesome build and beautiful LS. Wonderful creativity and top notch work. Is there a rear bumper and diffuser like that for the SC?
None that I know of.....I was going to do the V-Vision which is similar.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/horidashistore/aaei0068aibd/

Custom may be your only chance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any performance modded sc430??