SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

2006 Shock Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-17, 07:35 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

...thombiz what part of Texas are you located in ?
Old 06-18-17, 09:32 PM
thombiz
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm in Corpus Christi.

Bilstein West has been looking for the correct spring seats for my 2005 SC430 so.....maybe this week I'll be able to purchase them and get them on the way here. Time is not of essence on this, it's just one of those little jobs I'd like to see done so I can get on to other priorities.
Old 06-19-17, 03:55 PM
texsexlex
Racer

....totally understand.....good luck & I'm in the Dallas area (Mesquite)
Old 06-30-17, 12:22 PM
thombiz
Pit Crew

Replace rear shocks on 2005 SC 430. Two weeks have gone by and Bilstein had not called me back so I called them again today. They were supposed to be looking for some Spring Seats part E4-FT2-Z006A01 to fit the Bilstein 24-027441 GS 300 shocks I purchased based on something I read on this website. The shocks I ordered came with oversize spring seats which didn't fit the springs on my car. Long story short, Bilstein suggested the spring seat parts mentioned and were going to try to find a pair, without success. Those seats are made in Germany and ordering a pair could take 2 months or more. That would take too long. The only other option would be to purchase a cheap pair of Bilsteins which uses those spring seats. Turns out some Bilsteins for some Corolla's Part #: 24-069243 uses the Spring Seats part E4-FT2-Z006A01 and AJUSA had them on sale for $85 each w/ free shipping, so I spent $170 to buy a pair. Those were the cheapest shocks I could find which employed the spring seats mentioned. When they get here, I'll keep the spring seats and pitch the shocks. I'll keep you posted as it happens.

Last edited by thombiz; 06-30-17 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-30-17, 08:10 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by thombiz
Replace rear shocks on 2005 SC 430. Two weeks have gone by and Bilstein had not called me back so I called them again today. They were supposed to be looking for some Spring Seats part E4-FT2-Z006A01 to fit the Bilstein 24-027441 GS 300 shocks I purchased based on something I read on this website. The shocks I ordered came with oversize spring seats which didn't fit the springs on my car. Long story short, Bilstein suggested the spring seat parts mentioned and were going to try to find a pair, without success. Those seats are made in Germany and ordering a pair could take 2 months or more. That would take too long. The only other option would be to purchase a cheap pair of Bilsteins which uses those spring seats. Turns out some Bilsteins for some Corolla's Part #: 24-069243 uses the Spring Seats part E4-FT2-Z006A01 and AJUSA had them on sale for $85 each w/ free shipping, so I spent $170 to buy a pair. Those were the cheapest shocks I could find which employed the spring seats mentioned. When they get here, I'll keep the spring seats and pitch the shocks. I'll keep you posted as it happens.
Sell those shocks on ebay rather than toss them. People will buy virtually anything on ebay.
Old 07-02-17, 09:11 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

when I checked with Bilstein in Germany these Shocks could not be sold or shipped to the USA the cost for them was 3500 that why I order Bilstein Sport Shocks that right 3500 for Front and Rear Bilstein did the rear mod for me in CA

Last edited by bacardi11; 07-03-17 at 04:44 AM.
Old 08-12-17, 07:07 AM
thombiz
Pit Crew

Update on the shocks/spring seats post #64 above. I ordered a pair of the Bilstein for Corolla's Part #: 24-069243 shocks to get the Spring Seats part E4-FT2-Z006A01 from AJUSA . They were having a special sale on them for about $85 each. About 2 weeks after I placed the order, AJUSA got back to me and said they only had one shock on hand and would have to order the second shock from Germany, and did I want to do that. I told them "yes" order them. About a week later they got back to me and said it would be 2 months before the 2nd shock would get here from Germany and did I want to change the order and just get the spring seats without the shocks. I told them "yes" change the order to just get the spring seats. They told me the spring seats should be here in 1 to 2 weeks, then about 10 days later they got back to me and said the order had been delayed due to problems getting the spring seats into their production cycle and now it will be late September or early October before the spring seats will be here and did I want to continue with the order. Without options.....I said yes, continue with the order! So, it looks like the spring seats part E4-FT2-Z006A01 will arrive in late September or early October. I'll update as things unfold!
Old 08-13-17, 01:01 PM
texsexlex
Racer

....hopefully all of this will work out for you, I know this has been a PITA...lol
Old 08-14-17, 11:35 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 458 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by thombiz
Update on the shocks/spring seats post #64 above. I ordered a pair of the Bilstein for Corolla's Part #: 24-069243 shocks to get the Spring Seats part E4-FT2-Z006A01 from AJUSA . They were having a special sale on them for about $85 each. About 2 weeks after I placed the order, AJUSA got back to me and said they only had one shock on hand and would have to order the second shock from Germany, and did I want to do that. I told them "yes" order them. About a week later they got back to me and said it would be 2 months before the 2nd shock would get here from Germany and did I want to change the order and just get the spring seats without the shocks. I told them "yes" change the order to just get the spring seats. They told me the spring seats should be here in 1 to 2 weeks, then about 10 days later they got back to me and said the order had been delayed due to problems getting the spring seats into their production cycle and now it will be late September or early October before the spring seats will be here and did I want to continue with the order. Without options.....I said yes, continue with the order! So, it looks like the spring seats part E4-FT2-Z006A01 will arrive in late September or early October. I'll update as things unfold!
Man, you are one loyal customer. I would have ordered the one shock from them and the other one from Autozone, but is mostly because I am impatient and couldn't wait two months.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Absorb...VZSx2c&vxp=mtr
Old 10-03-17, 01:43 PM
thombiz
Pit Crew

Update: It is now October 3 and still no spring seats. I contacted AJUSA, the company which ordered the spring seats for me and they haven't seen them. They had no idea what has happened to my order, but was going to check into it and let me know. It's been 3 days since I contacted them and I haven't heard a word from them. I placed the original order with AJUSA on June 30, 2017. This is starting to stretch my patience to the limit.
Old 10-03-17, 10:01 PM
texsexlex
Racer

.....so I'm wondering.....if I hadn't changed my springs at the time I added the Bilstein, would I have had the same issue
Old 10-04-17, 12:40 PM
Bathman
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thought this only happened in Europe

Was always jealous that customer service on your side of the pond was so far ahead of europe. Seems that because these parts are coming from Germany the US distributor is being dragged down to the level of care we have become used to. As a matter of principal I would shop for alternative product however I would also carry on with this order (if you have not paid) and when they contact you to collect or forward payment details pay I would just string them along in the same fashion as they treated you. Just a little taste of their own medicine.
Old 11-01-17, 07:25 AM
thombiz
Pit Crew

Finally got the correct spring seats from AJUSA on October 22. I installed the shocks on October 31 with no issues. I haven't had a chance to really get a feel for the shocks because I've only driven to Autozone to return the spring compressor I borrowed. So far, the car has a nice comfortable ride, just as you would expect from Bilsteins mid-duty shocks. I have a trip coming up in a week so will report back after the trip.

The Bilstein Spring Seats part E4-FT2-Z006A01 fit the 2005 SC430 tapered bottom springs perfectly!
Old 11-01-17, 09:07 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 139 Posts

Glad you you finning got them, such a long wait.
Old 11-10-17, 08:56 AM
thombiz
Pit Crew

Now that the Bilsteins have been installed on the rear, I've had a chance to take a nice trip to San Antonio (140 miles each away) with them and I'm very happy with the ride they give the rear of the car. It's just a bit firmer than the KYB OEM shocks. The ride is not at all harsh. It is just what I was hoping for. My only did-like is the selectable length of the shock I chose. There are two grooves in the shock body to adjust the length of the shock you prefer by setting the location of the spring seat. Not knowing what to expect, I set the length to the longest setting with the clip ring. I now wish I'd set the length to the shortest setting because the back of the car seems a bit "up in the air" for my preferences. It's easy to change, just check out the spring compressor from Autozone, clamp down on the spring until the clip is free then move it to the lower setting and release the spring. The lower groove is about 1/2" below the high groove.

Last edited by thombiz; 11-10-17 at 09:00 AM.

Quick Reply: 2006 Shock Options