SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

New SC430 member from Denmark

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-13, 09:52 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Once you get the right Strut Bar, please give us details. Model number and where you secured them. Thanks.
Old 02-11-13, 10:12 AM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amazing build so far! This looks very promising! Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see more of this sexy SC!
Old 02-11-13, 11:10 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

Coming on great Micheal, why don't you get rid of the 'ugly' headlamp washers while you are at it. They are pretty useless IMHO and spoil the clean look you are after.

Best regards
Steve
Old 02-11-13, 01:57 PM
mandyfig

Ditto^^^, unless people actually use them. I have not used mine.
Old 02-11-13, 02:36 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice build. I noticed you filled in the side markers but left the headlight washers. Personally, I'd fill those in too. They look like a couple warts in my opinion.
Old 02-12-13, 08:43 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The strut bar i got was this number: CUS-187540A. Its said GS400/SC430 on the website but it does not fit. So the right one should be this number instead: CUS-188540A. Will verify when i get it, and hopefully mount it.

I dont think im gonna make it until this sommer. I also dont think i can afford the import tax yet. Might have to wait until next year. I also dont wanna rush things to get it out on the road. I would like to have it as perfect as possible. This is a huge project so it really takes time to do things right.

You are all right about the headlamp washers. I really should get rid of them too. "Save some weight"
Old 02-12-13, 10:52 AM
mandyfig

In the meantime your engine is sitting still...
Old 02-15-13, 05:51 AM
TheDane
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is understandable I would do the same too
Old 02-15-13, 12:38 PM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Well.. Its sitting still, waiting to get new engine mounts and headers installed the next couple of weeks. Will probably take it out for a little stretch after that. But gotta make sure all the snow and salt is long gone before that. Its going to get tough to have to wait a year before getting plates on the car, but i've got other priorities too. And i'm sure Its gonna be a good feeling to have it all perfect when the time comes :-)
Old 02-15-13, 12:49 PM
philasc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Looking good.

Was going to remind you about the 06 lamps, some modification required.

Keep taking snapshots along the way.

Do the rear LED tails...it is awesome.

Good luck.
what mods were required for 06 headlights
Old 02-15-13, 02:59 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by philasc
what mods were required for 06 headlights
You need the headlights. And then you either need to trim and repaint your bumper, or also get an 06 bumper. The corners of the lights extend down slightly more than 02-05.
Old 02-16-13, 09:02 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Yeah, the bumper does not fit the new lights. I would recommend getting a +06 bumper. Its not easy to make the old bumper fit, if you want a perfect look. Also the old xenon bulbs does not fit the new headlights. The sockets for the blinkers are different so you also need +06 plugs to mount on the wires including new blinker bulbs. I also had to get rubber gasket and the round mounting bracket for the long light and the bulb is also different. At least this is what i had to do to my euro spec SC. So its not just plug and play for getting the +06 headlights. The +06 taillights is easy out of the box mounting.
Old 03-18-13, 02:06 PM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Tried to mount the Brembo rotors in reverse just to see the size comparing. I'm sure this car is gonna be braking really quick!

Here comes a "little" header update. This was really a major operation. I'm glad i had the lift. I was in no rush so i worked on the car a couple of hours over 4-5 days. Took extra time on cleaning everything "and do things the right way". I also gave the bottom of the car two layers of thin anti rust protection. After that i waited a day before i gave it two coats of a more thick anti rust protection spray. The car is not going to be driving in the winter time where they salt the roads here in Denmark. But i might as well give it a full protection while i was ad it and the car sure is never gonna rust now

I had to remove alot of bolts and nuts to ge to the headers. There is really not much room. Here i have supported the engine and lowered the big cross member. Also changed out the engine mounts.

Overview of all the parts

The big difference on oem and PPE headers

New transmission mount. The new one also have added weight bricks, so i guess Lexus though that was better.

New Polyurethane bushes from adus. Bought them from Sewell. Should give a more tight steering.

Out with the old

Finally got the headers installed. Did a test mount of the rest of the exhaust. It looks very nice and still sounds good. I already have the air intake installed so dont know much about the difference for oem and only headers. But it sounds very good. Oh almost forgot to mention. I also installed the Sprint booster throttle controller, so i have no lag at all in the speeder response. Huge difference and everyone should really get this. It just revs just like it should now. when I press the speeder and not 2 seconds after

Thin layer of protection

Thick layer of protection

Ouuh and finally a little peek on the wheels. Work VS XX 12,5x19 for the rears. yeahh baby!!!
Old 03-18-13, 05:20 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow... You are not playing around. This is a quality build to say the least.
Old 03-18-13, 06:02 PM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by Rollaboy
The strut bar i got was this number: CUS-187540A. Its said GS400/SC430 on the website but it does not fit. So the right one should be this number instead: CUS-188540A. Will verify when i get it, and hopefully mount it.

I dont think im gonna make it until this sommer. I also dont think i can afford the import tax yet. Might have to wait until next year. I also dont wanna rush things to get it out on the road. I would like to have it as perfect as possible. This is a huge project so it really takes time to do things right.

You are all right about the headlamp washers. I really should get rid of them too. "Save some weight"
Have you received the right Cusco bar? If it fits and does not rub, I want one bad!

Quick Reply: New SC430 member from Denmark