SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

New SC430 member from Denmark

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-12, 10:02 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Subscribed.. I like where this is going. Cant go wrong with the head and tail light upgrade.
Old 10-22-12, 02:33 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarletti
Looking good, sounding exciting!

Please do include costs and lots of photo's & detailed write-up's on the work you do :-)
Good point, most members are interested in the costs!
Old 10-22-12, 09:02 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarletti
I wonder what impact the cold intake will have... shame you didn't have access to a dyno before and after and measure the MPG.

Still, nice work you are doing... makes for an interesting read!
Talking about some fresh cold air for your engine, I have an Injen CAI, typical install in the bay. I designed a simple diverter for the air in the grill to allow some of the fresh air to go directly into the path of the Injen filter. I do not know if it works but I would think it does. It is like a scoop that diverts the air to go on the left headlamp and into the engine bay bypassing the radiator.
Old 10-22-12, 09:48 AM
Scarletti
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

@ Mandy

Aye, I do get the objective, and that we're working on the assumption that cold fresh air is better than warm air.

However it would be nice to see some empirical evidence as to whether it makes a real difference. +2-4bhp is borderline worthwhile I think for the effort involved.
Old 10-29-12, 12:27 PM
mandyfig

A true CAI can increase HP. Discussions on how much, should be left for others.

I am in it for the sound mainly and this DIY is so simple and straighforward. Also eliminates clutter.

Afforded me the chance to clean the throttle body as well.

All in all a thumbs up!

For $180, I give it an A.
Old 10-29-12, 12:30 PM
mandyfig

Here's my set up, sorry for the bling-bling...
Attached Thumbnails New SC430 member from Denmark-bay1.jpg  
Old 12-10-12, 03:02 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think its time for a little x-mas update. Been a long time and there have been alot going on here. Have had my LS400 for sale for a long time now and finally got i traded with another car plus money. So now i have a 86' MR2 AW11. Now see, thats a go-cart Pretty fun to drive with the engine right behind you. Well i have used a couple of weeks to get it up running so the SC have just beeen waiting for some more parts.

Just got my G-Answer lip kit home from Japan. Woow the import tax almost killed me I have really spend alot of money lately on this project. But there is no turning back now, and i aint thinking about that at all so dont worry

The fitment is actually really good i must say So thats good quality.
Also have been working alot on the headlight fitment. That was very time consuming i must say, but the result pays off. Actually i think its going to look even better than some of the close ups i have seen of the 06+ bumper

Need to modificate the numberplate things to match the euro specs.

I got all my Samco hoses and cut everything to fit. It was hard to get everything to work but i think the result got pretty good.

Also got new brackets and bolts for the cooler. Wasnt satisfied with the paint, so i gave them some extra coats. I dont want to see any rust on my car.

I got everything out from the interior. All the wood parts is getting real carbon wrapped around them. And also got a little surprise in the center console, but will not tell more about that yet

And FINALLY after searching for months, i found the big Brembo Ferrari F50 14" kit. Everything is getting dissasembled and powdercoated Look at these bad boys

The rear tires arrived. 315/25-19. Holly .... these are wide You can also spot the MR2 in the background for size comparing haha

Well the money i got in the trade for the LS400 is already spend on Universal Airride System. So my BC-Racing coilover kit is getting modificated by Zack from UAS right now so i'm looking to spend alot of time installing this system in the near future. Ordered the wifi mudule so i can adjust the height from my iphone Thats badass.

Stay tuned

Last edited by Rollaboy; 03-18-13 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-10-12, 08:32 AM
barncat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That should keep you busy! Post pics as you move along. Everyone likes to see this.
Old 12-10-12, 08:50 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Your air intake system is BADASS!!! The first of its kind that I've seen. Very nice. Love everything you're doing to the car. Keep us updated with more pics
Old 12-10-12, 08:26 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Love watching the progress. Those brakes are going to look awesome! I need to add the air scoop you did.
Old 12-15-12, 01:52 PM
gripau1
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollaboy
I think its time for a little x-mas update. Been a long time and there have been alot going on here. Have had my LS400 for sale for a long time now and finally got i traded with another car plus money. So now i have a 86' MR2 AW11. Now see, thats a go-cart Pretty fun to drive with the engine right behind you. Well i have used a couple of weeks to get it up running so the SC have just beeen waiting for some more parts.

Just got my G-Answer lip kit home from Japan. Woow the import tax almost killed me I have really spend alot of money lately on this project. But there is no turning back now, and i aint thinking about that at all so dont worry

The fitment is actually really good i must say So thats good quality.
Also have been working alot on the headlight fitment. That was very time consuming i must say, but the result pays off. Actually i think its going to look even better than some of the close ups i have seen of the 06+ bumper

Need to modificate the numberplate things to match the euro specs.

I got all my Samco hoses and cut everything to fit. It was hard to get everything to work but i think the result got pretty good.

Also got new brackets and bolts for the cooler. Wasnt satisfied with the paint, so i gave them some extra coats. I dont want to see any rust on my car.

I got everything out from the interior. All the wood parts is getting real carbon wrapped around them. And also got a little surprise in the center console, but will not tell more about that yet

And FINALLY after searching for months, i found the big Brembo Ferrari F50 14" kit. Everything is getting dissasembled and powdercoated Look at these bad boys

The rear tires arrived. 315/25-19. Holly .... these are wide You can also spot the MR2 in the background for size comparing haha

Well the money i got in the trade for the LS400 is already spend on Universal Airride System. So my BC-Racing coilover kit is getting modificated by Zack from UAS right now so i'm looking to spend alot of time installing this system in the near future. Ordered the wifi mudule so i can adjust the height from my iphone Thats badass.

Stay tuned
Love the big brakes.
Old 12-30-12, 12:23 PM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Thanks guys. 2013 sure is gonna get exciting for me and my SC

Well.. Santa was a few days late this year because he had to stop by in Japan first. But when he arrived he had some real nice rims on his sleigh Thanks alot Santa

Work VS XX 9x19 and 12,5x19. The small lip on the front is to clear the big Brembo brakes. The big lip in the rear... Thats just crazy Cant wait to testfit these (and do some fender modding) . Also got my Behrman fenders with integrated blinkers. Really nice stuff

Grab a coke

I also got this TPMS system. I know many of you hate TPMS but have tried leaking on 20"s before and i found this monitoring system that is not just a bulb. I can see tire pressure on the screen for each wheel. It will also beep when pressure is too low. The system can be programmed to what pressure you like.

Here you can see the extra hole in the rim on the back where i am gonna install the sensors. Because of my 3 piece wheel setup i cannot use the "normal" hole (as seen on the bottom in the picture) because the tpms sensor would then sit vertical pointing toward the tire and will break.

Heres the duct and integrated blinkers for the Behrman fenders. Looks sweet.

Got my custom brackets from Universal airride system. Have been painting them with some fat black color to match the rest of the BC suspension.

And finally some parts of my new custom exhaust system. Got the PPE headers from the groupbuy here on CL The magnaflow XL rear mufflers and the Megan downpipe. My mail forwarder shipped the wrong package so instead of the middle pipe i've got a guitar and an amplifier So i have shipped it back and waiting for them to find out where my middle pipe is during all the christmas madness.

I will begin to install some of this the upcoming weeks.

Happy new year everyone
Old 12-30-12, 02:18 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

Hi Michael

This build is looking awesome. Love those wheels.
Did you get your bags from UAS? If so what did you get?

Maybe you should have kept the guitar and amplifier and written a song about the build when it's done. lol

Keep the pictures coming.

Best regards
Steve
Old 12-30-12, 02:59 PM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by WIL44
Hi Michael

This build is looking awesome. Love those wheels.
Did you get your bags from UAS? If so what did you get?

Maybe you should have kept the guitar and amplifier and written a song about the build when it's done. lol

Keep the pictures coming.

Best regards
Steve
Haha Steve, yeah but the only thing i can play on is the V8 out front with my right foot tapping the speeder pedal

I hope i get the rest of my exhaust soon. There is enough to begin with but i need the exhaust setup finished so i can make my trunk space bigger to fit the air tank and spare wheel

Everything is from UAS. I wrote alot with zack and i told him i would like to have the comfort simillar to my buddys 2001 S500. He said that if i wanted more soft bags it would be a floating ride like and old cadillac or something and bad handling and they dont have that bags. So i hope i can use the ones i got from him. I know i am gonna need a lot of adjusting on the BC coilover height and hardness and on how much air is going to be ind the bags to get the best comfort and fitment of the wheels.

I know there arent much progress going on right now on the pictures, im just happy with all the new stuff i got so i had to post pics

But it sure is a big puzzle
Old 12-31-12, 09:31 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollaboy
Haha Steve, yeah but the only thing i can play on is the V8 out front with my right foot tapping the speeder pedal

I hope i get the rest of my exhaust soon. There is enough to begin with but i need the exhaust setup finished so i can make my trunk space bigger to fit the air tank and spare wheel

Everything is from UAS. I wrote alot with zack and i told him i would like to have the comfort simillar to my buddys 2001 S500. He said that if i wanted more soft bags it would be a floating ride like and old cadillac or something and bad handling and they dont have that bags. So i hope i can use the ones i got from him. I know i am gonna need a lot of adjusting on the BC coilover height and hardness and on how much air is going to be ind the bags to get the best comfort and fitment of the wheels.

I know there arent much progress going on right now on the pictures, im just happy with all the new stuff i got so i had to post pics

But it sure is a big puzzle
Hi Michael

Can't wait to see this build unfold. You have plenty of work to do.

The bags I have from UAS are Sport Bags and pretty firm, so I will be very interested to see how your setup goes and how you adjust the coils etc to get the ride you want.

Also looking forward to seeing what you do with the trunk, sounds awesome.

Best regards and Happy New Year.

Steve

Quick Reply: New SC430 member from Denmark