SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Vinyl Car-wrap...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-12, 04:17 AM
gripau1
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Why do people want to drive around in black primer? What's the go with the matte look? Its next to impossible to keep clean and if bird crap lands on the paint and not quickly removed - it damages the paint for ever.

Its also very hard to match the matte finish if you have an accident.
Old 04-07-12, 08:02 PM
scyul
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by grabber2
^.... I gotta say matte black don't not look good on the SC430 base on the above photo.......... doesn't look sharp or luxury, maybe because of the head light & chrome grill
I think the satin black SC would have looked nice if it was; 1- cleaned before taking the pictures, 2- lowered, 3- didn’t have black wheels, 4- black rear badges... My .02$
Old 04-10-12, 07:02 AM
dci4life
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'm about convinced. Cheaper than painting the car. And not as much down time. What's the draw back to this stuff does anyone know.
Old 04-12-12, 11:38 AM
tsachiti
Driver

Hey

I found this,
BLACK WRAP SC430
Old 04-12-12, 12:24 PM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tsachiti
Hey

I found this,
BLACK WRAP SC430
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0xwhaAzqPs
Yeah...don't like it! Thanks!
Old 04-12-12, 01:16 PM
barncat
Lead Lap

Not a fan of this but "to each his own"
Old 04-12-12, 02:23 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tsachiti
Hey

I found this,
BLACK WRAP SC430
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0xwhaAzqPs
Looks horrible in my opinion. The sad thing is, they probably could have done a full body kit for what they paid for that.
Old 04-14-12, 05:47 AM
scyul
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dci4life
I think I'm about convinced. Cheaper than painting the car. And not as much down time. What's the draw back to this stuff does anyone know.
No draw backs that I know of. If you select good quality material, it can be removed several years after installation without any residue.

It is completely reversible... unlike paint!

+ You don’t “have to” chose flat black!

Old 04-15-12, 09:55 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

...I've been considering purchasing an invisibra for the front end of mine,but after seeing some of the wrap jobs on vehicles, I started to think about a nose wrap(but in the same color as vehicle). Car is in shop now after being hit at Baylor Hospital and suppose to get it back this week. So after the paint cures good, I'm going to look into both options....would love some opinions,ideas,thought,etc.....
Old 04-16-12, 07:07 PM
scyul
Pole Position

Originally Posted by texsexlex
...I've been considering purchasing an invisibra for the front end of mine,but after seeing some of the wrap jobs on vehicles, I started to think about a nose wrap(but in the same color as vehicle). Car is in shop now after being hit at Baylor Hospital and suppose to get it back this week. So after the paint cures good, I'm going to look into both options....would love some opinions,ideas,thought,etc.....
Invisibra is much tuffer and will protect better than vinyl wrap material... Though vinyl will still protect the paint better than nothing at all...
Old 04-16-12, 09:26 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by texsexlex
I don't think vinyl will match your paint. Doubt it'll even be close. It'll probably just look like a bad paint job. I'd go with the invisible bra.
Old 04-17-12, 04:50 PM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not "in love" with the vinyl wrap look on the SC430 but I think it would work better if there were more chrome pieces to offset the all-matte look. For example, I think a fully vinyl-wrapped black SC430 would look good if it had a chrome trunk bar, chrome door handles, etc....Either way, to each his own (and it's still an SC, haha!) Just my two cents!
Old 04-17-12, 08:01 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the only thing sweet about the matte black is you can add a lip kit without painting...at least mine from (duraflex/extreme dimiensions) came matte black lol
Old 04-17-12, 08:40 PM
nktuner
Rookie

Hi All, I am new here ! How to fix after accident ? The car need to paint before put the Vinly back ?
Old 04-18-12, 11:08 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
I don't think vinyl will match your paint. Doubt it'll even be close. It'll probably just look like a bad paint job. I'd go with the invisible bra.
....appreciate the input guys...I think I will look more into the invisibra,because I don't want too much contrast in the paint...ps I got my car back today & they did a real good job on the fender and bumper BUT they didn't replace the bumper cover, just fixed it & only painted the area they repaired ..so I still have some road chips on it !!!

Quick Reply: Vinyl Car-wrap...