Lead Lap

Received 408 Likes on 358 Posts

Thanks Julia. Welcome to the forum.
Old 08-14-18, 11:03 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 853 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Julia7703
This is to all of you who have problems with your lexus leather seats. Whether this is discoloration or cracks I found the perfect person. First of all I found this web site last ngiht while searchnig to repair or replace the cover. I damaged my leather seat with some gum stuck to my navy blue scrub. Go figure gum mixed with navy color on a baige color leather. I tried to clean it with an all purpose dleaner to get the gum out but I made a mess, then I placed the rag on intact elather on the sest and befroe you know it the entire seat was runied. I saw peels of leather comping off and color was blue all over.....I called an upholsetry company and they told me to call Lexus and ask for interior repair company they use. I called Tustin, Ca Lexus and the lady in service department was very hesitant to give me the info and was insisting of making an appointment for me to bring it in for repair. But I was persistent and told her that is my right to know which company will be repairing my car and finally after a few long and short holds she came back with a name and number. A solo guy that Lexus and BMW use to repair our leather seats. His name is John. Very nice guy. He came and fixed it in 30 minutes for $100. Fantastic job. In my dreams I couldn't see it like this. It looks better than day one. He even touched up leather cracks on the sides. Oh my God what a faboulos job he did. Because of him i came back here tonight and signed up on this web site just to display this message to all of you with the same problem. His info: John 714-814-4753. You wont regret it, he is the best. He will be my leather man as long as I live.
a huge thanks Julia, we just need to find a guy like him in the central Florida area.
Old 08-15-18, 06:30 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
a huge thanks Julia, we just need to find a guy like him in the central Florida area.
Yeah, this guy needs to go on a road trip! I wonder what products he used/what he did to make a complete improvement in 30 minutes.
Old 08-15-18, 10:23 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 408 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70

I was thinking the same forTexas
Old 08-15-18, 10:24 AM
jonas's RX
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 95 Posts

I wondered if the guy just sanded the seat down and repainted
the seats. The only problem with this approach is over time
the seats will generally go back to the cracked shape.

The “ redye “ method typically does not last for more than 1 year
Old 08-18-18, 07:08 PM
Natroth
Driver

Received 48 Likes on 23 Posts

Seatsshop thru Amazon sells leather seats for the SC430. They say they are equivalent to OEM and original colours. $US299 for front seats.

Last edited by Natroth; 08-18-18 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 08-19-18, 03:16 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 853 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Natroth
Seatsshop thru Amazon sells leather seats for the SC430. They say they are equivalent to OEM and original colours. $US299 for front seats.
I want everyone to know this guy, Yang Hu is honest and the leather is good quality, but it can take a few weeks for the leather to show up.

Yang does not like to answer many questions and he will not answer the phone. Customer service is not his thing...

i purchased new SC430 front seats and rear headrests from Yang and all was good.

i then sent him my front seat covers from my EX-L Accord...they will finally arrive tomorrow, 20 Aug. The whole process took 3.5 months. He had these seats copied and I think it all happens somewhere in Asia.

i am not telling you to not use him, just letting you know that patience will be your best friend.
Old 09-11-19, 05:23 PM
JaydeeM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will tell you not to even consider buying from him. We tried. We removed out seat covers because they were going to use them for a pattern and was going to do the two front seats in our 2009 Lexus is250 for just $150 to be able to make the pattern. After waiting over 5 months with short cryptic replies to our inquiries we were finally advised they were done and I needed to send a USPS money order to pay for them and freight. The money order thing should have been a clue to be cautious but, he had our original seat covers and we had nothing. I sent the money order and a couple of weeks later, received the new covers. However, our covers were "ecru", a just off white slightly cream color. What we received was GRAY, yes G-R-A-Y. I immediately emailed him. They will not answer their phone. Never did. He responded that the gray was the closest thing they had to our seat cover. What? You can look at their website, https://www.lseat.com/, and see they have several colors that may or may not match but are certainly not gray. I wrote him back asking what kind of idiot would take a pair of "ecru" seat covers and think making gray replacements would work? How dumb is that? Never heard back. No offer of refund or even a polite kiss my ashtray. They are actually using our photos of our "gray" seat covers on their website under Lexus is250 and under options, show the "ecru" as a color choice.