SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Progress on Luxlink: The Test

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-11, 12:08 PM
JerryB
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robertrios
so my car has been at audio itch since 9am drove by and its still in the garage its almost 3...i only had 4 hours of free labor but i guess I wouldnt mind shelling some money to them as long as its all done right. On the upsdie they havent called me so they are either making progress or talking to Steve. Ill let you all know the outcome!
Hi Robert,

When I wanted to do the 1/4 window mod I decided that I just do not know enough about electronics to take the chance myself.

My independent car repair shop has a young fellow who knows electronics very well. I took him the entire instructions ( and the parts ) for the 1/4 window mod. He got back to me and said that he estimated 3 hrs @ $75/hour. When they had the mod completed, they had 5 hours into it & charged me $300 for the work.

IMO anytime someone takes on this type of effort ( LuxLink install ) for the first time, they will spend a substantial amount of more time than they originally thought.

Such is life,

Jerry Baumchen
Old 09-09-11, 01:39 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Yep just talked to them and they said they have the remote start, sensor, and luxlink module hooked up but not the rear window module yet. They are estimating me 7hrs total on the job so that means ill have to pay for 3 hours, I told them not to rush and to call Steve if they get hung up...your right the first time its gonna take anyone probably twice as long at least 1/3 longer. If I can get out with around 300-400 for installation on everything and it works without any damage...ill be happy. Ill give you guys another update tomorrow morning after I either pick it up or go to the shop to check out the progress.
Old 09-09-11, 05:24 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

good prices comparitively...can't wait to hear and see how it turns out!
Old 09-09-11, 05:29 PM
scdroptop

Originally Posted by huy33
The remote top and remote start is a tricky one. Any tips??

I know the sequence is: hold unlock till long beep + lock + lock
I cannot get mine to consistently work every time. It's strange. I can get the remote start to work every time, no problem. I can get the two touch walk away or two touch while you are in the car no problem.

HOWEVER, it seems that locking the door from the inside and the timing of it has something to do with the next time you try to do the combo start and top drop. Anyone experience this or can speak on this?

I've counted 7 times I've done the remote start and top drop and only 3 times I've got it to work. Most of the time it just top drops.

I bet it's something to do with the lock sequence. I am definitely holding unlock for 3 seconds..waiting for the long beep and immediately going to lock twice back to back.

I wonder if we need to lock with the remote or lock using luxlink (walk away) to get it do it all next time?????
Old 09-09-11, 06:26 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

have you guys seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FkqjE3KGR4
Old 09-09-11, 06:57 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
I am definitely holding unlock for 3 seconds..waiting for the long beep and immediately going to lock twice back to back.

I wonder if we need to lock with the remote or lock using luxlink (walk away) to get it do it all next time?????

The trick here is to switch from unlock to lock as soon as the long beep goes. The front windows will drop slightly. Forget the 3 seconds. My success rate is 90% work correctly. Also, your remote has to be relativelly close to the car to get the continued signals that your sending thru the remote. If one signal doesn't make it you're in trouble. My 90% sucess rate includes hitting the unlock a second time so the doors are unlocked after the car starts and top drops. Your reaction time has to be quick to go from the long beep to the lock button (x2).

I always lock my sc with the dash button (x2) when the roof is down-why would you do it any other way? I also always use the power door lock on the door to lock the car-thats habit now. However, be aware that the alarm is only armed via your remote control. Now that I have the shock sensor, I also use lock on the remote if I want the alarm armed. Other than that, you are on the wrong trail about the how you lock up your SC. However, You MUST open the door AFTER turning off the car and removing the key or luxlink will NOT work next time.

Hope this helps, John
Old 09-09-11, 09:42 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Solman
My 90% sucess rate includes hitting the unlock a second time so the doors are unlocked after the car starts and top drops. Your reaction time has to be quick to go from the long beep to the lock button (x2).
So for remote start/remote top and door unlock it's:

hold unlock till long beep + lock + lock + unlock

I need to speed it up then. I've been waiting to hear each beep before pushing the next button.
Old 09-09-11, 10:07 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by huy33
So for remote start/remote top and door unlock it's:

hold unlock till long beep + lock + lock + unlock

I need to speed it up then. I've been waiting to hear each beep before pushing the next button.
The ONLY beep you wait for is the long one-and then its all about speed.
Old 09-09-11, 10:27 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

If you are getting confused by the options you have with luxlink, you could do what I did when I first got it. I made a small cheatsheet and kept it in my console,

You can copy it like 8X on heavy photo paper-worked great for me. All commands are with your Lexus hand held remote.
Here it is....

Always turn off ignition before opening drivers door

TOP ONLY-Press Unlock until long beep
REMOTE START-Unlock 1x—Lock 2x
Unlock within 2 sec to unlock car
BOTH remote start & top-Unlock until long beep,
immediately press lock 2x, (Unlock within 2 sec to unlock car)
REAR WINDOWS-Drivers window switch down 3x

Top up or down using DASH BUTTON-Press 2X-remove key-press power door lock on door-walk away and watch people stare at the marvel
Old 09-10-11, 07:05 AM
KBALL
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Solman
If you are getting confused by the options you have with luxlink, you could do what I did when I first got it. I made a small cheatsheet and kept it in my console,

You can copy it like 8X on heavy photo paper-worked great for me. All commands are with your Lexus hand held remote.
Here it is....

Always turn off ignition before opening drivers door

TOP ONLY-Press Unlock until long beep
REMOTE START-Unlock 1x—Lock 2x
Unlock within 2 sec to unlock car
BOTH remote start & top-Unlock until long beep,
immediately press lock 2x, (Unlock within 2 sec to unlock car)
REAR WINDOWS-Drivers window switch down 3x

Top up or down using DASH BUTTON-Press 2X-remove key-press power door lock on door-walk away and watch people stare at the marvel
Another option would be to hire and autistic savant!
Old 09-10-11, 08:02 AM
iceman14
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had their luxlink installed in New Jersey ? If so by who
Old 09-10-11, 09:13 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

My LL came in yesterday. Can I opt not to install the alarm upgrade? I read from Steve's FB, if you have the upgrade, the alarm upgrade must be done.

Just the Remote start/top? I know the QTR panel is unique install by itself, but controlled by LL.

I have yet to look at the manuals.

But yes I have a set!!!!!
Old 09-10-11, 09:36 AM
scdroptop

Great news mandy!

Huy-we must not be going to lock lock quick enough. I too wait for the beep to finish and the windows coming down grab my attention. I need to go straight to the lock lock. Also I wonder if we are not close enough to the car? I'm 6 for 10 documented success of both, so I need to keep working on my technique!
Old 09-10-11, 10:37 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Here is one other thing I do that may contribute to my success in using the remote. I do NOT have my key on a ring, so the key is all by itself-but I aim the head of the key towards the car, so that the actual key is pointed towards me. The fact that your remote is sending 4 signals (in a few seconds) to the car means that you cannot make any mistakes. BTW, I am not the most physical person around and do not consider myself particularly coordinated and kind of feel if I can get this thing to work, anyone can. Of course, I've had 3 years of practice (lol). Good luck guys-keep trying. I think once you get the timing right, things will go well for you.

John
Old 09-10-11, 10:45 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mandyfig
My LL came in yesterday. Can I opt not to install the alarm upgrade?
I'm not sure why you would NOT want to do it. Steve added it to my Luxlink, and I tried it so I know it works, but it never goes off inadvertently with noise or heavy trucks or loud cars. BUT, if someone is screwing with my SC, I will know it.

Quick Reply: Progress on Luxlink: The Test