SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Beep-Beep-Beep, Every Minute ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-10, 12:54 PM
TXFM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Beep-Beep-Beep, Every Minute ????

I have a beep-beep-beep noise which is coming (I think) from behind the right side of the dashboard, and it occurs every minute.

I had this noise a couple of years ago, and it went away. Now it comes on every time I start up, and there are no indicator lights or gauge problems. I don't have to have the car in motion either.

I had the dealer disable the run-flat computer about 5 years ago, so I don't see how it could be that.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Old 07-17-10, 03:00 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Heavy package in the passengers seat?
Old 07-17-10, 03:29 PM
TXFM
Intermediate

Nope.

However - here's something strange. About 30 minutes ago, I popped the hood and checked the oil and opened all the fluid caps and closed them up. Then drove the car around the block. The beep-beep-beep didn't happen.
I'll drive it again tomorrow to see if it's still [miraculously] gone.

Oh - it's over 100 degs here, but it wasn't a few days ago when it also happened.
Old 07-18-10, 08:45 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the beeping sound the other day when I was backing up my car. The temp was around 101F. But it stopped after I put the car in park and never happened again. Weird.
Old 07-18-10, 08:24 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Wow...a new one. Haven't heard the beeps. Always thought our SC's lit up when something was wrong moreso than a beep. Strange.

***Only beep I know of is the ignition beep AND the seat reset. Any of you reset your ECU's recently or had the battery replaced? What's the position of your passenger seat?
Old 07-19-10, 02:28 PM
TEXAS83
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty sure its the tire sensor reporting that one of your tires is low on air. Even if you disable the TPS system, for some reason it still monitors the amount of air. It could go off and on depending on the heat levels and expanding air.
Old 07-20-10, 12:51 PM
velocity12
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, this is getting curiouser and curiouser. I heard it for the first time after 6 1/2 years with this car - after I read the posts. Like Scorpius, the temp was over 100. Maybe the hottest summer on record has triggered a feature on the car we didn't know about.
Old 07-20-10, 04:05 PM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

It has got to do with the heat temp. I didn't see any warning lights inside the dash when the beep went off.
Old 07-21-10, 09:30 AM
TXFM
Intermediate

One thing I did differently when I started the car the other day was to use the key fob with the door opener on it. I usually use the valet key. Maybe that was the issue?

Or maybe the beeping is an indication that the battery is getting too low to operate everything? On Sunday I went to a car wash - needed it. They left the doors open for quite a while when vacuuming and when it was waiting to be dried off. Then when I tried to start it, the battery wouldn't turn the starter. It would handle the radio and other accessories. I checked and the ground terminal clamp on the battery could have been tightened a little more. I jump started it and went home and tightened the clamps and trickle charged my Optima RedTop battery overnight. I took it to Sears and and had them check the charging system - it is ok. Then the battery - and it looks like it is holding the charge fine, so I didn't replace the battery.

Not only is my run flat computer disconnected, but I have no pressure sensors in my wheels. I had problems in 2001 with the o-rings leaking and CAUSING low tire pressure and tire damage, so I removed the sensors and had the computer disconnected by the dealer. They didn't want to, but I was insistent.
Old 07-22-10, 01:43 PM
Bon
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Okay, the phantom beep got me today. It's quite hot. I had traveled about one mile from my parking lot and was at a stop sign waiting on traffic when it began. No lights on the dash. For some reason I turned off the A/C and the beeping stopped immediately. I turned the A/C right back on and the beeping never returned.

Right before the beeping began I thought that I was hearing more noise than usual coming from the A/C vents. It sounded more like wind noise than blower noise. Perhaps the system was trying to close the outside air vent to recirculate but couldn't?

(My run-flat is disabled and my seatbelt beeping is also disabled.)
Old 07-22-10, 09:26 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

wow.. I am not alone.
It has happened to me a few times in the past few years.
I still don't know what the problem is.
Old 07-23-10, 12:36 PM
paul_k
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too much drifting makes it beep!
Old 07-23-10, 01:43 PM
TXFM
Intermediate

Wasn't causing the auto control to beep while drifting. Happens while stopped but with engine running. Also - don't you turn off your control when driving hard??

The sound is similar to the Beep that sounds when you hold down the steering volume control lowest button (backside of steering wheel) to set it, but not as loud and is always 3 beeps.

I'm beginning to think this is battery related on high temp (100 deg F) days. You may want to check your battery clamps and might want to see if your battery is holding charge.
Old 05-17-12, 09:20 PM
2007sc430
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Weird beeps?

I've never heard them before in my car but happened tonight while backing up...a series of very high pitched tones/beeps. It was after a short drive (engine wasn't even at operating temp yet) and in a parking garage that was rather cool. So much for the theory of it being caused by high-temps. Anyone ever figure out the cause of this? No warning lights at all..... I was thinking maybe it occurs when driving in reverse too much and too fast since that was the circumstance (I was trying to get to an open parking spot) during which it occurred. Hmmmm
Old 05-17-12, 11:14 PM
ser67
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've not had it yet, but on my old Mk1 Audi TT there was a separate battery backup for the alarm - so even if they disconnected the main battery the alarm would go off.

This had a habit losing charge after a few years and if there was not enough in this remote one then it would emit a beeping sound and you'd have to buy a new one - which wasn't easy as it was all embedded in (from memory this is BTW).

Anyway, it was a source of confusion for TT drivers, as nothing was wrong yet it made the beep.

Perhaps this is a similar thing for the SC ??

Quick Reply: Beep-Beep-Beep, Every Minute ????