SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

02 Sc430 VSC ON and OFF Lights no Code!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-10, 08:55 PM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation 02 Sc430 VSC ON and OFF Lights no Code!!

Okay.. so my check engine light came on.. so i took it to express tires.. And they said that they need to replace my vacume hoses cause it busted ... well when i saw the guy used the obd cheker thing.. after checking the codes.. i saw that when u turned on the engine.. the vsc on and vcs off lights came on..

So i figured after he fixed the problem.. it will go off.. well after he got done.. fixing the problem.. i drove away.. after bout like 2min.. i had to turn around cause the vsc on and vsc off came on.. and i told the guy to check.. and he used his checker.. and there was no problem.. and the "check engine" light is not on anymore.. just the vsc on and vsc off!!

wtf .. could the checker.. messed it up??? the vsc off button.. only works when the key is turned on.. " not when the engline startes but right before it.. when the power comes on" so the button is working correctly.. it just comes on.. when i start driving the car...

And no they did not check my tire pressure or do anything to the tires or the wheels.. it just turned on.. when he inserted the obd thingi to check..

and yes i read the

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ff-lights.html

^post.. but.. im wondering.. could i possibly fix this.. if i ask the express tires guy to reset it again.. and is it dangerous to be driving with the vsc and vsc off light on??

Im worried Sombody help please!
Old 06-09-10, 01:55 AM
CAMAracer
Pole Position

It's not dangerous to drive with it off as much as it would be to drive a car without VSC at all. I drove like that for a half a year until I replaced my speed sensor.

Have the guy reset the engine codes again. The VSC light comes on when there's engine problems (check engine light)...I think the two are linked. I am currently having the same problem with my check engine light because of a vacuum leak. But I use my OBDII scanner to reset to light as soon as it comes on (which happens only when I gas it to hard from a cold engine start).

There's definitely something wrong...maybe try reset everything by disconnecting the battery from the car for an hour or so. Unfortunately, that stupid speed sensor wears out or becomes damaged over time...maybe it's time to replace or clean that thing out soon.
Old 06-09-10, 02:35 AM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CAMAracer
It's not dangerous to drive with it off as much as it would be to drive a car without VSC at all. I drove like that for a half a year until I replaced my speed sensor.

Have the guy reset the engine codes again. The VSC light comes on when there's engine problems (check engine light)...I think the two are linked. I am currently having the same problem with my check engine light because of a vacuum leak. But I use my OBDII scanner to reset to light as soon as it comes on (which happens only when I gas it to hard from a cold engine start).

There's definitely something wrong...maybe try reset everything by disconnecting the battery from the car for an hour or so. Unfortunately, that stupid speed sensor wears out or becomes damaged over time...maybe it's time to replace or clean that thing out soon.
Yea he fixed the check engine light.. the problem is.. the vsc off and vsc light is on still
Old 06-09-10, 09:27 AM
bandcamp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had these lights come on a few months back. The fix was a new oxygen sensor.
Old 06-09-10, 02:42 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Rahstyles
Yea he fixed the check engine light.. the problem is.. the vsc off and vsc light is on still
you have found the reset method. why don't you give it a try?
Old 06-10-10, 04:44 AM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

Originally Posted by talwang
you have found the reset method. why don't you give it a try?
Yea.. but i want to know what the problem is
Old 06-10-10, 08:11 AM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

I had my tires changed once and shortly thereafter both lights came on, just as you described. I used the reset method found here and I've had no problems. Since then had the car in for routine service and described the problem to my service writer. They checked and could not find anything. All switches function find and I even took the car up to speed and with sharp turns and the system function properly. Chalk it up to ghosts in the machine.
Old 06-11-10, 02:51 AM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
I had my tires changed once and shortly thereafter both lights came on, just as you described. I used the reset method found here and I've had no problems. Since then had the car in for routine service and described the problem to my service writer. They checked and could not find anything. All switches function find and I even took the car up to speed and with sharp turns and the system function properly. Chalk it up to ghosts in the machine.
What is this reset method you speak of? and is it available for the mechanics to do it?

Ghost in the machine?? Sound like Styles P's album
Old 06-11-10, 08:22 AM
VVTiBob

The thread you posted in post #1 of this thread is what I used myself. It took me 5 minutes of which 4 minutes and 30 seconds was spent finding, then making a jumper wire, to do the procedure.

Last edited by VVTiBob; 06-11-10 at 08:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GregMN (03-04-23)
Old 06-14-10, 02:55 AM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

The thread you posted in post #1 of this thread is what I used myself. It took me 5 minutes of which 4 minutes and 30 seconds was spent finding, then making a jumper wire, to do the procedure.
jump wire?? lol.. im not a mechanic
Old 06-14-10, 08:54 AM
VVTiBob

If you're unwilling to follow the instructions do this simple task, then I suppose it's time to take to the dealer and let them do it for you.

But I don't understand why, in your original post you wrote, "^post.. but.. im wondering.. could i possibly fix this.." if you're not willing to try?
Old 06-17-10, 03:06 AM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

If you're unwilling to follow the instructions do this simple task, then I suppose it's time to take to the dealer and let them do it for you.

But I don't understand why, in your original post you wrote, "^post.. but.. im wondering.. could i possibly fix this.." if you're not willing to try?
Its a lexus man.. not a civic.. i dont want to put a buncha pins in it.. and electrocute myself.. and break down my car... I mean.. is there a speacial tool or somthing u can use.. instead of makeing some ghetto jumper thing.. with some paper clips
Old 06-17-10, 06:05 AM
VVTiBob

No you're wrong. It's a Toyota just like Cadillac is a GM. Cars today are all drive by wire and software. But if you're not willing to get your hands dirty then just take it to a dealer and let them use their own "ghetto jumper" to reset the light.

Last edited by VVTiBob; 06-17-10 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-17-10, 08:09 AM
pageme1911
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

I m new to this site and I must tell you that the jumper wire works. It will save you 100 + dollars.(400) It is very easy to do and you will be pleased with the results.

pageme1911
Old 06-17-10, 11:33 AM
VVTiBob

Yep...done it myself too.

Quick Reply: 02 Sc430 VSC ON and OFF Lights no Code!!