SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Lucky B got new shoes, Good? Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-10, 09:00 PM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Are they chrome lip with polished spokes? Very shiny too. Looks perfect on pine.
Thanks, not much of a lip, I think that is why they call them Konkave, they taper in a lot. Check out the ebay link, it has better pictures of just the wheels.

Originally Posted by talwang
Nice.
How is the ride quality?
Took it out today for some testing. No rubbing, but not as smooth as OEM. Could be the tires, I have Falkens replacing Bridgestone. Feels like it handles better, but could also be tires more than being a bigger wheel.

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
looks good. personally, i'd lower it and change your brakes. drilled or slotted rotors and after market calipers. or if you don't want to spend that much, just get a caliper cover for now. and get rotors later.
Thanks, I think I am going to break the rules and buy the Brembo covers. Between the Warranty, Timing Belt, and this more than 5K has gone in this month. Time to slow down.

Originally Posted by tromly
Congrats, good decision, your wheels look terrific ! Actually the whole car is great !
Thanks, this the only real mod I considered, tails and body kits just too much. Lucky Bastard is looking as good as he ever will.

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Daddy like...
Okay thats a bit creepy! But Thanks!

Originally Posted by IcEnPinKi
Good look...All you need is to drop it now.
The angle of the picture makes it look a bit higher than in person. I can't see spending a grand for a difference of two inches. Well that isn't entirely true
Old 03-18-10, 10:54 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

the brembo covers are a little cheesy. stock calipers are smaller than brembos. so anyone who really knows cars will know they're fake. someone posted custom made covers with a generic name on them. personally, i'd do that over putting a brand name on there that isn't accurate. it would be like wearing a fake rolex.

as for the drop, you really do need it. if you don't have the extra cash to spend on coilovers, you can still do springs relatively cheap. ask in your regional forum for a reputable shop. you should be able to do springs for about $500 installed. i didn't think i needed a drop either when i first got my wheels. after i did drop it, i was embarrassed i waited a month. the difference is night and day once you see it.