SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

New Car for AzKaty

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-09, 04:10 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by azkaty
Now I would like to now what every one else thinks? Turn the car back in..get them to write me an additional check for what I put in the car, or, go for the repairs and diminshed value?
If you are given the chance to turn the car back in to the dealer and get your money back, especially if you can get a bit of grievence money, I'd do it. You have some bent frame members and probably some other problems that the mechanics didn't see and are likely to miss when they fix the car also. You are likely to have other problems crop up later. Also, while they will be able to fix the known problems quite well, it will likely never be perfect.

I believe that you are best off getting your money back and going and finding that cream puff that is out there waiting for you somewhere. (One of us is bound to find it for you, that is if you don't before we do.)

Hang in there, you'll make it through.
Old 11-14-09, 05:03 PM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

OMG... Look what I just found in beverely hills!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...465188712.html
Old 11-14-09, 05:16 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I run the vin on this one too!

Let's see what it shows...
Old 11-14-09, 06:06 PM
scdroptop

nice tool that you have...wish I had that. Between that, the lexus.com maint history and carfax as well as someone in person looking and feeling the car's body panels we will not let you get another damaged car!!!
Old 11-14-09, 07:32 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

When I clicked on the link, it indicated that the ad had been deleted by its author. So it may have already sold. But if you still have the ad up with the phone #, you might give them a call just to make sure.
Old 11-14-09, 07:56 PM
scdroptop

If it's sold, then the CPO one on the east coast is the # 2 pine/saddle in the nation, but it's about $2k more than azkaty wants to spend.

They mentioned (not sure if I'm talking to Bob or Katy, so it's "they" LOL) they like dark colors with saddle. There are a TON of blue and black with saddle and some Twilight with black or ecru available too. Don't want to waste their time with other color choices if they are set on pine. I know how it is...i was set on Absolutely red for # 2, but finally ended up changing to my black PB.

We'll see what they say about colors...

What would your # 2 choice be if you couldn't have Pine???
Old 11-15-09, 04:15 AM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by scdroptop
If it's sold, then the CPO one on the east coast is the # 2 pine/saddle in the nation, but it's about $2k more than azkaty wants to spend.

They mentioned (not sure if I'm talking to Bob or Katy, so it's "they" LOL) they like dark colors with saddle. There are a TON of blue and black with saddle and some Twilight with black or ecru available too. Don't want to waste their time with other color choices if they are set on pine. I know how it is...i was set on Absolutely red for # 2, but finally ended up changing to my black PB.

We'll see what they say about colors...

What would your # 2 choice be if you couldn't have Pine???
Scdroptop..you are making me (Katy) smile with all of this in spite of the problems.

Ok, here is my thought process. Found out ( can't believe this!) the pine/saddle also shows with an accident!! But it might not be a big issue. Says only that it is on the left side. I have to call State Farm and give them their claim number to get more info, like how much it was. It will throw the dealer in a loop though..they really should be willing to deal, now that I have this. Still my first choice especially because its CPO. Then ( do not be mad at me), I called yesterday on the NM..They want to sell it for $24, 995, and would let me pay ( ha ha) for it to be looked at by a mechanic there in Sumter.Not CPO, and its been there for 8-9 months..Why did this not sell at the owners dealership in North Carolina, and be taken to SC? Nothing shows on the lexus site, and no vin insurance issues. What if I get it to Arizona, and find it has a mechanical, or water flood issue, that was not taken care of? I would love to have that car..but this is my only mode of transport..and it has to be really good for many years.

My equally fav color is..black and saddle. But I also would have to have some one check it out for me if out of state.For the same reasons..its my only ride!

Is there any difference in any mechanical way between the 02 and the 04? Bobs car seems to different to me.. heavier. ( We laugh saying that's because mine is missing parts!!)

So.. how do I get a good , solid beautiful.. no accident car that will be good to me for many years?!!

There is my thoughts right now. Bob also does not want to have me go through any more disasters...! Help!!
Old 11-15-09, 06:55 AM
scdroptop

Katy-you have been through a lot. Anything from a wholesaler in my opinion you should probably stay away from. The NM COULD have been sitting for 8-9 months because of poor marketing (I don't believe it is on www.cars.com, autotrader or ebay, the three largest car selling sites) or maybe the red interior, lack of financing or local dealer reputation/location.

$24,995 is not BAD for that car, but I would pass without being able to see it myself and really check it out.

I would perhaps consider the Pine/saddle CPO IF and only IF they would be willing to deal now that you know it's been hit. It could have been a light fender bender in a parking lot or something and someone called it in to insurance. Comprehension only? Fender could have been dented and they put a new one on? Could be much worse. Who knows...but given what you have been through, don't you want a car with NO issues? You certainly deserve it!

Like I said the CPO I am partial to because I've seen the value in mine already and it sounds like you and Bob are very particular like I am and want the best always. CPO gives you piece of mind and three years to bring it in if it sneezes whatsoever. Remember Lexus would not have bought that car if it was not repaired properly and if they repaired it (maybe it was a trade in?) I would definitely say it was repaired right.

I feel free confident we can find you a black/saddle if that's # 2 equally. Sharp car!

02-04 no mechanical differences at all. Probably just the wear on tires/wheels, suspension or the ECU (programs shifting intervals based on driving habits). Maybe you have a soft foot and Bob has a lead foot? Typical male vs female! LOL My wife's Rx always seemed sluggish to me, so I brought it in and they said that's the # 1 complaint on males driving their wives SUV's--they drive it like the loaner cars or their own SC/IS/LS/GS or whatever! Funny

Here are a few black/saddle for you to chew on:

nice 03 but with 66k miles, looks very clean though...maybe could get for $23-24k??

http://www.lcpo.com/cpo_podetails.ps...0430&year=2003

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

this one is local for me, I'd be glad to look at it...higher miles for a 2004, but great price nice wheels and looks clean!

Old 11-15-09, 08:54 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Azkaty, I think the 04 PB , if you can get it for 25K , is the best car SCDROPTOP has found. That interior is to die for, what a unique exterior color. From AZ, a short drive to TX. I've been following that TX dealer and his highline cars for three years, he sells an awful lot of cars ! Good Luck ! What a choice you have to make !
Old 11-15-09, 08:57 AM
scdroptop

+1 ^^^ tromly is right...best value, most unique car for the money and a super pristine car, good online dealer...maybe # 1 for Lexus and highline cars on eBay.

My friend in Houston looked at a porsche there and he said it was like Disney Land for Wholesale car business..nicer than 95% of dealers he had been to--franchise or not!

Your choice on the color though. I can understand and appreciate that you like the pine and black/saddle cars and don't like the ecru.

We haven't heard you weigh in on the 2004 PB Edition (blue/ecru/black)? Do you like?
Old 11-15-09, 09:06 AM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Default You guys are my heros!

How can I go wrong here!

I am going to look at the Scottsdale Lexus blue/ecru..if they are open.. still higher miles than I would like...but the clock may be ticking on me.. I may have only so much time to deceide on which car to get because the dealer may try to push me to moving to give the pine car back., not sure if they can..they may have to give me enough time to find another.

On the way out the door to look at a car, which is a gold/ecru..low miles, 02.

Then may swing over to Scottsdale Lexus to se the blue.

I will touch base with you guys when I get back..
Old 11-15-09, 11:59 AM
tromly
Pole Position

How can I go wrong here!

I am going to look at the Scottsdale Lexus blue/ecru..if they are open.. still higher miles than I would like...but the clock may be ticking on me.. I may have only so much time to deceide on which car to get because the dealer may try to push me to moving to give the pine car back., not sure if they can..they may have to give me enough time to find another.

On the way out the door to look at a car, which is a gold/ecru..low miles, 02.

Then may swing over to Scottsdale Lexus to se the blue.

I will touch base with you guys when I get back..
By gold do you mean Egyptian sand/ ecru ?? Very popular, reflects heat and the color does not fade. You're in AZ, the ecru interior is a lot cooler getting into than the saddle ! I'm thinking the pine and black exterior colors will be hot !! I wear shorts year round, I've been retired so long I should be in Hawaii, with saddle and the black interiors I've been in , I have to use a towel to sit on when the tops been down, those two colors really absorb the heat Just a thought!
Old 11-15-09, 12:43 PM
scdroptop

Nice keep us posted!
Old 11-15-09, 02:37 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Default Success!!!!!

Just came back from seeing the Gold/ ecru car..which, belongs to fellow CL'er..PHXCS !

Bob and I drove about 50 min, and drove this fine car.

Truth be known..it is not my favorite color..but PHXcs has done some great things to this car..and it has very low..23,000 miles. 2002.

Bob said to me that if I do not buy the car-- he would!

So we are good to go..except..still have to unwrap the deal with the nasty dealer..and I need to get back all the money that I have already put in to the green car..

So all's well that ends well..almost!

Stay tuned for what happens this coming week with unwrapping this deal.

I really had hoped I could fix the green car, but after finding all the things that were WRONG..and more things showing up by the day..I think this was not to be.

I want to really thank EVERYONE who has wrung their hands with me on this matter. I have been agonizing back and forth on what to do..and had really bonded with my green car.You all have helped in this decision.

I am thankful that Bob and I have found such a great group of people..it's family here..and that means allot to both of us!!

AZkaty and Bob
Old 11-15-09, 03:08 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Just came back from seeing the Gold/ ecru car..which, belongs to fellow CL'er..PHXCS !

Bob and I drove about 50 min, and drove this fine car.

Truth be known..it is not my favorite color..but PHXcs has done some great things to this car..and it has very low..23,000 miles. 2002.

Bob said to me that if I do not buy the car-- he would!

So we are good to go..except..still have to unwrap the deal with the nasty dealer..and I need to get back all the money that I have already put in to the green car..

So all's well that ends well..almost!

Stay tuned for what happens this coming week with unwrapping this deal.

I really had hoped I could fix the green car, but after finding all the things that were WRONG..and more things showing up by the day..I think this was not to be.

I want to really thank EVERYONE who has wrung their hands with me on this matter. I have been agonizing back and forth on what to do..and had really bonded with my green car.You all have helped in this decision.

I am thankful that Bob and I have found such a great group of people..it's family here..and that means allot to both of us!!

AZkaty and Bob
Wow, finding a 2002 with only 23k miles is quite a treasure! Glad you will keep us posted, this is better than any TV soap opera

Quick Reply: New Car for AzKaty