SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

New Car for AzKaty

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-09, 07:29 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts
Default New Car for AzKaty

Keeping with the pine theme...there are only a dozen or so for sale nationwide right now between all the sites I look at. cars.com, autotrader, eBay, yahoo autos, msn autos, vehix and craigslist.

Would you consider another rare color like Twilight Amethyst Pearl or the 2004 Pebble Beach baby blue/silver car?

Here is a nice one in your backyard...very clean, black on tan. Good price and local owner would be nice for you considering what you have been through.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/1434820417.html

Here is a green/ecru in Dallas that I can look at for you if you are interested. I know it may have higher mileage, but even lower mileage cars (as you know) can have issues. Perhaps this one is REALLY clean? Great price. Advantage is you have a super-**** car guy like me that can look at it for you. Lexus!!! (Sean) just came in and bought a 2002 black SC after I looked at it here in Dallas. This is a two owner local car.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...e&aff=national

This is a gorgeous 2004 PB Edition. Love the interior. Wheels would really set this car off. This online dealer has excellent reviews and has been around for a long time. I have friends that could look at it for you in Houston.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...fCarsQ5fTrucks
Old 11-14-09, 08:15 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Keeping with the pine theme...there are only a dozen or so for sale nationwide right now between all the sites I look at. cars.com, autotrader, eBay, yahoo autos, msn autos, vehix and craigslist.

Would you consider another rare color like Twilight Amethyst Pearl or the 2004 Pebble Beach baby blue/silver car?

Here is a nice one in your backyard...very clean, black on tan. Good price and local owner would be nice for you considering what you have been through.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/1434820417.html

Here is a green/ecru in Dallas that I can look at for you if you are interested. I know it may have higher mileage, but even lower mileage cars (as you know) can have issues. Perhaps this one is REALLY clean? Great price. Advantage is you have a super-**** car guy like me that can look at it for you. Lexus!!! (Sean) just came in and bought a 2002 black SC after I looked at it here in Dallas. This is a two owner local car.

This is a gorgeous 2004 PB Edition. Love the interior. Wheels would really set this car off. This online dealer has excellent reviews and has been around for a long time. I have friends that could look at it for you in Houston.

+1 on the 2004 PB, with Tourmalines !! Great looking car, what a buy !! bet you can get it for 25K ! You folks in TX have such a great selection of creampuff teddybears !!
Old 11-14-09, 10:55 AM
lexus!!!!!
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AzKaty, this is SO TRUE. I'm from MN, never thought in a million years I would go this far for a car, but just flew in Plano one way this Wednesday and drove my new SC all the way back to MN.

scdroptop is a great guy, knows everything inside and out about the SC and would go beyond what is asked to help you out.

Btw, where are you from? It's always good to have someone in town to take a look at the car before flying in....

Old 11-14-09, 12:16 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default You guys are so great to me!

I have been crying ( yeah I'm a girl.. we cry) for days on this! The web site has been down so I have not been able to see there great replies!

Thanks to everyone, especially scdroptop!

Here is what I am doing right now. I have hired an attorney to see of the dealer can be forced to fix the car . I took it to a certified Lexus body shop that does awesome work. They dropped the bumper, and took pictures , then wrote me a sheet for $4800. There is a twist in the frame rail and some other issues. The hood and bumper have to be replaced. The repairs would be perfect, but facts are facts.. the car still has damage which will have to be revealed if I ever sell it. I spent the morning down at a dealer going over the ins and outs of how they buy their cars at auction. Some education I have always wanted to have.

They advise that this dealer, could just turn the car back and get all their money back.. as they have not transferred the title to me! Then they would make a profit on my trade in as well.

I have a dimunition of value here. 25% of what I paid is what I should get from them.. I am looking at going for that. My attorney is one of the best in Phoenix, and is not charging me. This might take some time..but I might come out really well, as they knew the car had been in an accident.

Now I would like to now what every one else thinks? Turn the car back in..get them to write me an additional check for what I put in the car, or, go for the repairs and diminshed value?

Interesting fact.. at the auto auctions.. only about 12 cars nation wide are SC430s per month.. so we do have rare cars!

I would love to buy the pine SC in PA.. but I need some one to check it out! That would be my #1 choice!!
Old 11-14-09, 12:28 PM
scdroptop

You are welcome! I just feel so bad for you.

Honestly, with the bad taste in your mouth, I would just be rid of the car, get your money back and continue your pursuit with your attorney to get your 25% and get another car. I would think that this is a once-in-a-lifetime misfortune that will hopefully never happen again, but you can't be too careful next time.

I have a guy in PA, but unfortunately just found out Friday he lost his job. I want to let him have some down time before I ask him to go look at a car for me.

If anyone else from PA could look at it in the meantime that would be great!!!

I will continue to look for pine cars. They are super super rare.
Old 11-14-09, 12:29 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by azkaty
I have been crying ( yeah I'm a girl.. we cry) for days on this! The web site has been down so I have not been able to see there great replies!

Thanks to everyone, especially scdroptop!

Here is what I am doing right now. I have hired an attorney to see of the dealer can be forced to fix the car . I took it to a certified Lexus body shop that does awesome work. They dropped the bumper, and took pictures , then wrote me a sheet for $4800. There is a twist in the frame rail and some other issues. The hood and bumper have to be replaced. The repairs would be perfect, but facts are facts.. the car still has damage which will have to be revealed if I ever sell it. I spent the morning down at a dealer going over the ins and outs of how they buy their cars at auction. Some education I have always wanted to have.

They advise that this dealer, could just turn the car back and get all their money back.. as they have not transferred the title to me! Then they would make a profit on my trade in as well.

I have a dimunition of value here. 25% of what I paid is what I should get from them.. I am looking at going for that. My attorney is one of the best in Phoenix, and is not charging me. This might take some time..but I might come out really well, as they knew the car had been in an accident.

Now I would like to now what every one else thinks? Turn the car back in..get them to write me an additional check for what I put in the car, or, go for the repairs and diminshed value?

Interesting fact.. at the auto auctions.. only about 12 cars nation wide are SC430s per month.. so we do have rare cars!

I would love to buy the pine SC in PA.. but I need some one to check it out! That would be my #1 choice!!
+1 on only twelve SC's going to auction, most of the nice ones are kept by the dealer especially if they qualify for CPO. I would go with what your attorney advises, I personnally would turn the car back in. There are many creampuffs out there each day on the internet, be patient, you'll find another. You have SCDROPTOP on the case, he's the best !
Old 11-14-09, 12:33 PM
scdroptop

Default creampuff pine/ecru on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...item3a54bc9ec0

would be great if we can find a southern car closer to you...but they are rare
Old 11-14-09, 12:41 PM
tromly
Pole Position

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...item3a54bc9ec0

would be great if we can find a southern car closer to you...but they are rare
Hey friend , this car looks straight ! I'm familiar with that area of NJ, much money if this was a local car not driven in the winter , it might be a keeper. Should go for 20k , miles are sweet ! I think I like the pine better with the ecru than the saddle
Old 11-14-09, 12:57 PM
scdroptop

The green/saddle one at Thompson Lexus in PA is very very sweet. $27k I know it's more than AZkaty's budget of $25k, but perhaps they would work with us?

The CPO value is great...plus what they do to get it there. I'm not saying ALL CPO's are perfect, but typically they are the cream of the crop and shouldn't have any issues, paintwork, accidents.

Only problem is this is pine/saddle NOT pine/ecru. Is that OK?

http://www.1800thompson.com/used-inv...untId=&start=0
Old 11-14-09, 01:48 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexus!!!!!
AzKaty, this is SO TRUE. I'm from MN, never thought in a million years I would go this far for a car, but just flew in Plano one way this Wednesday and drove my new SC all the way back to MN.

scdroptop is a great guy, knows everything inside and out about the SC and would go beyond what is asked to help you out.

Btw, where are you from? It's always good to have someone in town to take a look at the car before flying in....
I am in Mesa, AZ just outside of metro Phoenix about 25 min. Be happy to look at cars for anyone..
Old 11-14-09, 01:51 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

The green/saddle one at Thompson Lexus in PA is very very sweet. $27k I know it's more than AZkaty's budget of $25k, but perhaps they would work with us?

The CPO value is great...plus what they do to get it there. I'm not saying ALL CPO's are perfect, but typically they are the cream of the crop and shouldn't have any issues, paintwork, accidents.

Only problem is this is pine/saddle NOT pine/ecru. Is that OK?

http://www.1800thompson.com/used-inv...untId=&start=0
Pine /saddle IS my car combo.. I am not a great lover of the ecru.

They do not want to budge off $27,100. Shipping inside carrier is $820-best price I could find. With sales tax, that brings me close to $30,000. Moan..

Maybe I will have to stay in AZ or maybe CA for a car..
Old 11-14-09, 01:54 PM
scdroptop

where are you in AZ? what is closest city in CA? San Diego??
Old 11-14-09, 01:56 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=tromly;5003750]Hey friend , this car looks straight ! I'm familiar with that area of NJ, much money if this was a local car not driven in the winter , it might be a keepe

I am going to run the VIN on this one..
Old 11-14-09, 01:57 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

where are you in AZ? what is closest city in CA? San Diego??
I am in Mesa..tht is about 8 hours from San Diego... about 6 from Irvine, CA
Old 11-14-09, 02:50 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Default Pine/ecru

The pine car in NJ has a vandalism claim against it.The dealer has a poor rating on Ebay..

Quick Reply: New Car for AzKaty