TPMS Sensors - Page 3 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion


SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

TPMS Sensors

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-12, 02:24 PM   #31
007
Lead Lap
 
007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 641
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzwu View Post
Do you have personal experience with this system? I read mixed reviews on amazon.
I have run Orange Electronics system for 1.5 years and it works great ! Big improvement over stock. I would suggest ditching the stock system for this one even if it wasn't malfunctioning. A must have if you have upgraded your rims. its very accurate.
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-12, 12:57 AM   #32
mtaalib3
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 59
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid SC View Post
if you're going to go that rout, it's very easy to unplug the system and not have to look at the light. you might get the ring later on too, which is extremely annoying. here are the directions from the stickied thread:

- put shifter on N, screw off shifter
- open up center console
- pull the whole heated seat module straight up, it will come up. disconnect
- you will be able to pull up the "back" part of the shift plate area (close to center console)
- once it's up, the only point holding it are two clips right below the radio
- pull the shift plate towards the back of the car and a bit angle up. jiggle a bit and it will come off
- once it's out, you will see the TPS unit right below the radio
- unplug BOTH plugs, one small on the right and one bigger one on the left
- put everything back and enjoy

Well I know for a fact that this method does NOT work for my 2008 SC. Any other suggestions that doesn't involve tape?
mtaalib3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-13, 09:07 PM   #33
cpkoch
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NH
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid SC View Post
the battery died in one of mine before i replaced my wheels and disabled the TPS system. but yes, lexus makes a lot of money off them.
I refuse to use sensors as it is just another was to help make dealers rich. I can not help but believe that dealer lobbyists were working hard to get the Govt to pass legislation requiring TPMS. Mine is a 2005 SC430. I'm told I can get away legally w/o the sensors. While that may be the case, I am 150% irritated that the TPMS dashboard lamp is always lit. I have tried the reset techniques and the thing stays lit. Can I Pull the lamp or interupt the current somehow from getting to the lamp? I really would love to turn the darn thing off!
cpkoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-13, 04:17 AM   #34
iolmaster
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 765
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpkoch View Post
I refuse to use sensors as it is just another was to help make dealers rich. I can not help but believe that dealer lobbyists were working hard to get the Govt to pass legislation requiring TPMS. Mine is a 2005 SC430. I'm told I can get away legally w/o the sensors. While that may be the case, I am 150% irritated that the TPMS dashboard lamp is always lit. I have tried the reset techniques and the thing stays lit. Can I Pull the lamp or interupt the current somehow from getting to the lamp? I really would love to turn the darn thing off!
WOW I know some people don't want to do a search but this has to be worst. Look at the stickies at the top of this forum!
iolmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 11:41 AM   #35
Harold57
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,833
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Like iolmaster said, look in the stickies for the disconnection method. You won't be able to just shut the light down until the bad sensor is replaced. So you will have to disconnect the cable if you want the light to go out without a repair.
Harold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-13, 04:53 PM   #36
texsexlex
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (3)
 
texsexlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 1,413
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold57 View Post
Like iolmaster said, look in the stickies for the disconnection method. You won't be able to just shut the light down until the bad sensor is replaced. So you will have to disconnect the cable if you want the light to go out without a repair.
...hey guys I have another question on this matter. I've had my car about 4yrs and the light is on. When I bought it, the individual I purchased it from, took it in and had it turned off. After about a month, it was back on. I've had 3 tires go low/flat on me since I've owned the car, but the warning buzzer always alerted me. The light doesn't bother me, but sometimes wonder what the issue might be...any suggestions ???
texsexlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-13, 05:21 PM   #37
Juli
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If your light blinks for one minute then stays solid upon starting it means one of the sensors is bad. If it doesn't blink but goes straight to solid it means the sensors need to be reprogrammed.
Juli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 07:18 AM   #38
iolmaster
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 765
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli View Post
If your light blinks for one minute then stays solid upon starting it means one of the sensors is bad. If it doesn't blink but goes straight to solid it means the sensors need to be reprogrammed.
Maybe I misunderstand your second sentence. When mine goes straight to solid it means one of my tires needs air.
iolmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 04:02 PM   #39
Juli
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolmaster View Post
Maybe I misunderstand your second sentence. When mine goes straight to solid it means one of my tires needs air.
Hmm, when mine went solid it was after I got new wheels and tires. It meant they had to be reprogrammed by Lexus. We did check all the pressures and then looked in the manual. Mine is an 08.
Juli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 08:18 PM   #40
OBP
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 593
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli View Post
Hmm, when mine went solid it was after I got new wheels and tires. It meant they had to be reprogrammed by Lexus. We did check all the pressures and then looked in the manual. Mine is an 08.
Here's one way to think about it: when the light is on solid, it means that the car and the sensors are not communicating properly - i.e. maybe reprogramming is needed in some cases. In my case, I have two sets of rims/tires/TPMS programmed into my car. When I changed out my winter set to my all season set this morning, I purposely did not flip the switch near the glove box to test if my TPMS light would light up. After 15 miles or so of driving, true enough my TPMS light was on solid even though I knew my tire pressure was 35 psi all round. And when I pressed my switch near the glove box to flip to my all season setting, after a restart and a few minutes, the solid amber light went out. Which means my all season set of TPMS was indeed talking to the car as programmed.

To explain Juli's point about a flashing amber lamp: Once when I had a tire blow out ( running RFT's at that time ), the amber lamp was flashing and I had an irritating beeping to indicate I was running on zero air pressure. The TPMS was indeed programmed into the car properly at the time, because if it had not been programmed, then it would have been a solid amber light.

But one additional point to note, when I have low air pressure ( not running on zero pressure, just perhaps 26 or 25 psi cos my trigger is set at 27 psi ), I sometimes get a solid lamp after a few flashes. This probably what Juli is referring to earlier as well.
OBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-13, 08:27 PM   #41
OBP
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 593
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texsexlex View Post
...hey guys I have another question on this matter. I've had my car about 4yrs and the light is on. When I bought it, the individual I purchased it from, took it in and had it turned off. After about a month, it was back on. I've had 3 tires go low/flat on me since I've owned the car, but the warning buzzer always alerted me. The light doesn't bother me, but sometimes wonder what the issue might be...any suggestions ???
Maybe one of the sensors is dead ? How old are the sensors ?
OBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-13, 12:05 AM   #42
texsexlex
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (3)
 
texsexlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 1,413
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBP View Post
Maybe one of the sensors is dead ? How old are the sensors ?
...that was my first thought originally, but I lowered the pressure on each tire( at different times) to see if I would get the warning flash & buzz. Each time the system worked as it should, so I didn't look into reprogramming them.
texsexlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-13, 07:20 AM   #43
cpkoch
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NH
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolmaster View Post
WOW I know some people don't want to do a search but this has to be worst. Look at the stickies at the top of this forum!
Can you define what the heck is a "Sticky".
cpkoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-13, 08:22 AM   #44
FLYCT
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,247
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpkoch View Post
Can you define what the heck is a "Sticky".
When you Go to the main SC430 Forum listing pages you will find that there are several (6 currently) threads "stuck" at the top of the listings. You will see one of them is for TPMS.

See main listing here; https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-430-63/

JR
FLYCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-13, 11:56 AM   #45
Juli
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm sure there are many different reasons for the light. I was just saying what my recent experience was.

Got new wheels from non-Lexus.
Light was solid, no flashing.
Lexus reprogrammed my sensors.
Light off.

Light was blinking for one minute, then solid.
One of my sensors was bad.
Lexus replaced it. I have non-run flats now and really like having the sensors, so I replaced it.
Light off.
Juli is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Occupancy sensor issue alimit17 IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 4 07-23-17 12:35 PM
P0717 transmission speed sensor??? zombie RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) 15 01-24-17 05:57 AM
New TPMS sensors- any brands better than others? doodlebug IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 3 10-10-16 11:19 AM
Programmable TPMS Sensors Scrutator LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) 5 03-12-16 03:21 PM
ECM does not see new knock sensors keinplatz RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) 1 02-29-16 08:36 PM


Tags
06 , asanti , disconnect , disconnecting , gs430 , lexus , monitoring , phaeton , pressure , rack , sc430 , sensor , tire , tpms , vw

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: