SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SoCal sc430 owners...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-06, 03:42 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SoCal sc430 owners...

I don't know why I didn't post this earlier since I've had this planned for awhile but I'll be in town (HOME SWEET HOME BABY!) tomorrow until next Monday afternoon. I'd like to meet you sc430 owner's (especially modded one's) for lunch, dinner or Starbucks, etc. This's my gf's car & we constantly oogle at the pics you guys/gals post on here. FWIW, we'll be staying at a hotel near the South Coast Plaza mall. Just pm or email me if any of you are down! Thx!
Old 07-25-06, 06:06 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

which hotel? the Westin or Marriott off Anton? Or the Holiday Inn or Hilton on the other side of the freeway? My office is in the University of Phoenix building right next to 405 freeway.
Old 07-25-06, 07:18 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Westin hotel.
Old 07-25-06, 10:02 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

oh great... maybe if the weather is a bit better, I can probably meet you down the street where the Starbucks is. BTW, since you are there you have to go to that New Zealand steak house called, Tuner. It is on the corner of the entrance to the Plaza tower (the silver building). They have the best steak (not cheap tho), and try to avoid the Scott Seafood, food used to be good there, but no anymore.
Old 07-25-06, 10:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

damn, i am not in LA this weekend, would love to meet with you, jimmy!
Old 07-26-06, 12:26 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
oh great... maybe if the weather is a bit better, I can probably meet you down the street where the Starbucks is. BTW, since you are there you have to go to that New Zealand steak house called, Tuner. It is on the corner of the entrance to the Plaza tower (the silver building). They have the best steak (not cheap tho), and try to avoid the Scott Seafood, food used to be good there, but no anymore.
Thx for the info! Yeah, that'd be great if we could meet up. I want your bodykit bad! Too bad the front lip doesn't fit on an 06'

Henry, yeah would've like to meet you as well. Oh well, perhaps next time I'm in SoCal.
Old 07-26-06, 08:19 AM
rsa supra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Turner's NZ has a great quality filet, but if you want an awesome dining experience and a phenominal steak (and pretty much everything on the menu) and overall dining experence, go to Mostro's which is right across the street from the Westin and Turner's.

Post up here when you guys might try and get together, and I'll try and make it down with or w/o the SC.

Also, what kind of rate did you get at the Westin? I've found that the Entertainment Card rate is usually the cheaper. (even cheaper than AAA) Only paid $109 on NYE and $119 a few months ago.
Old 07-26-06, 09:24 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

damn, reading this alone i wanna have steak..
Old 07-26-06, 09:55 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

What about Friday??? (during the day)

RSA, would be great if you or more people can join.
Old 07-26-06, 09:50 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

I'm down for Friday during the day. When & where? Thx for the suggestions for steaks...Imma hungry now!

RSA, honestly I don't know how much the rate was considering it was taken care of by a friend (long story).

On a side note, I just went to Super Autobacs & finally saw the Volk GTM's in person. It looked pretty damn good in titanium silver. When I called Mackin Industries last week (sole U.S. distributor of Volks), Eddie told me it was a 23 & 21mm offset which Super Autobacs had ON DISPLAY! However, for some reason the wheel guy there said it'd stick out of the fendors w/the sc430. Too bad that lip was rather small (2.5" in the rears). Volk GTM's in 19's or iForged Daytona's in 20's, hmm...
Old 07-27-06, 10:48 AM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think a better place for Volks or wheels in that matter is Wheel Warehouse. They are located in Anaheim. Super Autobacs has really gone down hill in the last couple of months. They are the biggest auto store around but slowly, I am learning not go there because they don't have anything in stock there other than some super high priced bulbs and even at that, they didn't have my yellow fog light bulbs. (which I picked up a set at Island Motorsports).

I'd love to make the meet but friday I have to work and traffic out that way is almost torture in the afternoon. Too bad we couldn't have a meet in like two weeks... =(
Old 07-27-06, 11:57 AM
rsa supra
Pole Position

The best place for Volks (IMHO) is www.mvpmotorsports.com Great service, and one of Mackin's largest dealers (i.e., Will beat anyone's price.) PLus for Yeah, they're outside of DFW, so shipping would be even cheaper.

Whatever you're paying at the Westin is probably worth it. Love those heavenly beds.

I'll be up in the moutains on Friday afternoon, evening so I'll be MIA. But if you guys happen to decide on something on Sat., I'll try and make it.
Old 07-28-06, 02:10 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

hipendicul

Thx for the info about Wheel Warehouse. I'll call them later today to see what they have in stock. Basically, I just want to see what they look like in person before I make up my mind. The last time I was at Super Autobacs was 1.5 yrs ago when I was in town for the JGTC event. I like they're selection of Hyper Revs though.

rsa supra,

Thx for the info about MVP Motorsports. I'll give them a call when I get back home. Yeah, I love Westin's heavenly bed. I don't travel often but this's the most comfy bed I've ever slept in at a hotel. I don't think I can do it on Saturday b/c I'm in town mainly for my cousin's wedding that day but I'll post back here asap when I know what's going on.
Old 07-28-06, 10:20 AM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seeing the JGTC cars go at it was outta control. When we had got there, I was pissed because we had just missed them running. So we got to walk around and see some "alright" show cars and watch the JGTC cars get pushed into the paddocks.

But then right when we were going to leave.. They staged another race. Wow. The 500 cars are just sickning to see run and with about half of them throwing flames.. well I had to say that I got my money's worth. Too bad I guess the event was a failure as there will be no more JGTC events here in the states... =(

Speaking of hyper Revs... why is there no Soarer 2 Hyper Rev?
Old 07-29-06, 03:36 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, seeing AND HEARING the JGTC cars in person was insane! That was the first time I've seen pro's drifting as well. Simply awesome! I was hoping there was a Hyper Rev as well. Oh well. Quick question...Soarer 1 = 1st gen SC & Soarer 2 = 2nd gen SC right? Thx!

I'd personally like to say thank you to GSXOTIC aka Mark for taking the time out of his work schedule just so I can checkout (& drool) his car...Thx! Your car looks even more stunning in person! That sealed the deal for the gf about getting a bodykit & dropping it since it's her car.