SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Body Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-04, 02:14 AM
DKNY
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Kits

What body kit do you have on your SC or what body kit would you recommend? I was thinking of getting the Wald kit but after reading a few posts seems like people have a problem with clearing, now is that just with Wald or other kits will give me the same problem?

I was thinking of this kit : http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=1574 but not crazy about the rear lip.

What kit is this: https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...3_wald-med.jpg

Also how much should I expect to pay for paint and installation of a full kit (front, side, and back)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

DKNy

Last edited by DKNY; 12-29-04 at 02:18 AM.
Old 12-29-04, 09:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

there is a GB on autocouture right now (read the vendor forum), maybe you can think about that

imho the wald is the best kit for the sc430, it's like built for factory. that's how clean it is. the ride height is definitely an issue, it's low, but that's something i will worry about later

for painting and install, here in cali i think around 1k is a good number, not sure over there in NJ though
Old 12-29-04, 10:10 AM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DKNY
What body kit do you have on your SC or what body kit would you recommend? I was thinking of getting the Wald kit but after reading a few posts seems like people have a problem with clearing, now is that just with Wald or other kits will give me the same problem?

I was thinking of this kit : http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=1574 but not crazy about the rear lip.

What kit is this: https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...3_wald-med.jpg

Also how much should I expect to pay for paint and installation of a full kit (front, side, and back)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

DKNy
I like the Auto Couture myself...but the WALD is more aggresseive (clearance and looks)
maybe the lip kit on a lighter color car will help you decide

BEFORE TEINS
Old 12-29-04, 12:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

gene, you said it like you don't have the wald anymore? what do you have now?

and regarding the install of the wald, gene, how did you finally install it without cracking?
Old 12-29-04, 04:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

great tips gene, taking all notes i can right now
Old 12-29-04, 04:14 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

A/C and WALD are pretty much the best looking kits for the SC. I have yet to see a SC with the WALD in person, but I got one for a customer with a LS430, and as Rom said the kit is ULTRA CLEAN (car is Charlcoal Gray). The owner lives in the NE so he has yet to install the 20" WORK Equips that we got him so I see the car with factory 17s and no suspension mods. To give you an idea, the car does NOT look goofy (as a GS with RMM and no wheels lowering would). To be totally honest on the Celsior the WALD sides are little too mild. On the SC430 they are great.

The choice is yours IMHO, you cant go wrong either way!
Old 12-29-04, 08:36 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A/C kit

I've done some thinking and although I like the Wald kit, I think i am going to take advantage of the group buy for the full front and rear bumper replacement on the a/c kit. I think it looks very unique and subtle which is what i'm looking for.

Regarding the paint and install...i didn't know this was 1k job!! I suppose since the parts don't come for 8 weeks or so I can recharge on the $$. I must find a reputable shop to do the paint job up here in Canada....do you think it will cost more than $1000 for the painting of a full front and rear bumper?

i'd also like to know who else is participating on the GB from Carson toyota for the SC430's
Old 12-29-04, 08:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by herragge
I've done some thinking and although I like the Wald kit, I think i am going to take advantage of the group buy for the full front and rear bumper replacement on the a/c kit. I think it looks very unique and subtle which is what i'm looking for.

Regarding the paint and install...i didn't know this was 1k job!! I suppose since the parts don't come for 8 weeks or so I can recharge on the $$. I must find a reputable shop to do the paint job up here in Canada....do you think it will cost more than $1000 for the painting of a full front and rear bumper?

i'd also like to know who else is participating on the GB from Carson toyota for the SC430's
regarding the prep, paint, and install, it's going to be more than 1k for you for sure. it's full bumper front and back, that's a lot more work. just throwing out rocks here, i say about 1500 for a good job
Old 12-29-04, 08:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

oh and i wonder why you are just getting the front and rear bumper? you are not getting the side skirts? won't that look kinda weird?

the pricing on the ac kits in the GB is very attractive i have to say, especially the fact that it's full bumper replacement. but i have another commitment already, otherwise this is probably what i would go for
Old 12-29-04, 08:51 PM
herragge
Pole Position

I honestly thought that it was only a front and rear bumper replacement? Didn't know it included the side skirts as well. And if that is included in the GB price then yes of course the side skirts will be accepted!

lol that would have been a nice surprise to find side skirts in my package 8 weeks from payment when I was only expecting the front and rear...
Old 12-29-04, 08:56 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

I don't believe there are sideskirts for an AC kit...I was actually going to do the GB as well...but funds are kinda dwindling
Old 12-29-04, 09:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

argh, if anything that would prove just how stupid i am....

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=1580

i have been looking at all these pics for a long time (damn are the pics small....), and i thought those are aftermarket sides.... so those are just stock sides? man, so actually it's 2k for just the front and rear bumper huh?

btw, jeff, so there are two kind of AC kits, yours is an add-on, and there is a full replacement?
Old 12-29-04, 10:44 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

yeah...the full bumper replacements have new foglights included with the kit. the stock sides blend in well with the lip kit imho

better pic of the full AC kit

Last edited by DPRSupra; 12-29-04 at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-29-04, 10:45 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
argh, if anything that would prove just how stupid i am....

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=1580

i have been looking at all these pics for a long time (damn are the pics small....), and i thought those are aftermarket sides.... so those are just stock sides? man, so actually it's 2k for just the front and rear bumper huh?

btw, jeff, so there are two kind of AC kits, yours is an add-on, and there is a full replacement?
I believe the one Jeff has is the Exclusive lip kit for the front and rear. I think its safe to say that A/C and exclusive along with signature and explosion are all the same or similar in company backing?

btw, how much was it to paint and install your lip kit jeff? I know you got it from genearch in black...was the fitment pretty good?
Old 12-29-04, 10:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I believe the one Jeff has is the Exclusive lip kit for the front and rear. I think its safe to say that A/C and exclusive along with signature and explosion are all the same or similar in company backing?

btw, how much was it to paint and install your lip kit jeff? I know you got it from genearch in black...was the fitment pretty good?
from what steve posted about the AC stuff, seems like they have the same distributor or soemthing like that.

just to throw in some info. the ugo kits i have on the gs (front and rear lip, sides, and roof spoiler), together it was about 1100 painted and install.

what do you guys think about roof spoiler? seems like tom's is the only one, but it's kinda pricey and doesn't look too outstanding?

Quick Reply: Body Kits