TN 1JZ/R154 partial part out (performance goodies)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-15, 04:14 PM
Matt300ZXT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1JZ/R154 partial part out (performance goodies)

These are pretty much considered local pick up only since I probably don't have enough posts on here to ship high dollar items and I don't know anyone on here really that could vouch for me. So come to Chattanooga, TN, check them out, and decide if you want to buy or not.

Last summer I bought a non-vvti 1JZ for my SC300, and then bought a large pile of other goodies for it. During that time, an injector died on my 300ZX and rather than putting new injectors and a new wiring harness on a tired motor, I want to put a built motor in it. So rather than tearing down my reliable daily driver SC300, I'd rather sell this stuff and get a new motor for my 300ZX. So here are the parts:

1JZ from JDM Supra, so rear sump. Don't know the mileage, didn't see it run personally but saw videos of the guy driving it. It hasn't run in about a year so I did a leak down test. Some more air was getting past the valves than should have been on 3 cylinders, so assume it needs a valve job. Could be rust on the valve seats from not running or some carbon keeping it from sealing properly, or it could be I was slightly off when I put the timing belt on it. It might clear up and seal once it's run, but while it's out of the car, it's wise to just do it and forget about it. Plus the gasket kit that comes with the motor has OEM valve seals and a headgasket, so that’s already there ready to be used.

It has brand new maintenance items from Driftmotion (timing belt, tensioner, tensioner pulley, water pump, thermostat, NGK plugs and an OEM gasket set. From the set, I've installed the cam seals and front/rear main seals. I took the oil pan off and resealed it as well and wiggled each rod end to check for spun bearings and none had any symptoms of being spun.
The motor comes with an auto trans, power steering pump, alternator, starter, and Driftmotion lightweight pulleys. If someone wants the other parts listed in the part out as a package deal, then we can work that out. For the motor/trans as described, I'll take $800 firm. That's not bad considering it has several hundred dollars of maintenance items with it.

R154 is from an 87 Supra Turbo. It needs a speed sensor as I guess the previous owner decided to keep it, and your favorite shifter. It comes with a NIB JZ bellhousing, NIB Spec light steel flywheel and Stage 3 6 puck clutch kit, NIB slave cylinder, and NIB braided clutch hose. I’ll take $1500 for it.

I also have a NIB SC300/400 clutch pedal setup for you manual swappers. It comes with a NIB master cylinder and the shifter bezel as well. The brake pedal has been in my car for a few months because I thought I was going to swap it but it turned out just a new filter and some fluid fixed my slipping problem. It will be removed and included, so only the brake pedal has been used, the rest is new. Also, the clutch pedal assembly has been assembled already so you don’t have to deal with the ***** of a clutch pedal spring. That’s $513 plus shipping from Driftmotion, I’ll take $450.

Driftmotion ceramic coated t4 braced exhaust manifold. It’s got a little flash rust on the interior of the pipes from sitting, but it’s in great shape. They’re $300 new from Driftmotion, and don’t know if they come ceramic coated or not, so I’ll just put $225 on here depending on if they come coated already or not. If they do, then obviously I’ll drop the price.

Precision t4 SC63 turbo. I got this from a guy on a Starion forum I go to, he said it had less than 200 miles on it but flowed a bit too much for his head. Just to throw out some info from him, here’s what he said the specs were:

SC63 big shaft turbo, P trim turbine .68, S cover with anti surge ports
I’ll take $500 for it.

ATI Super Damper. Bought this from a guy on Supra Forums that never used it. I bought it and haven’t used it either, except installing it on the crank once to try and find TDC, then realized sticking a screw driver down #1 was much easier. I may or may not have the original box anymore, but the box is nothing special. It’s a little dusty but in great shape. Titan sells them for $345 plus shipping, I’ll take $300.

Aristo 440cc injectors. You all know what these are, great upgrade for mild 1JZ builds. I’ll take $100.

Soarer automatic harness. I got this from a guy in Seattle I think who dabbles in 1/2JZs. He replaced any busted connectors it had. It’s in good shape, and comes with the igniter. Extend it and install it. This would be great for anyone who bought a Chaser swap or something like that and wants to put it in an SC. I think I paid $325 shipped for it, but I can’t remember, so I’ll just say $250?

Volk GT-P wheels. The rears are 18x10 +25 but the fronts are mismatched. They're both 18s but one is about .5" more narrow. One is 18x9, the other is about 8.5". They might just need matching lips welded to the inner barrel, but I'm not really sure, not too smart with modular wheels. They're in great shape, just not my cup of tea. They also have some tires if someone wants those. They're Dunlop SP 9000s and 245/40 and 275/35. The fronts have never been mounted, the rears have a few hundred miles on them. For wheels only, I'd take $800. For tires included, I'd take $1250.

I think that’s everything I’ve got. Obviously, if someone wants ALL the stuff, I’ll definitely make them a package deal. I will not part any of this out other than how it’s listed. I’m not going to sell just the slave cylinder, or just the oil pan, or just the shifter bezel, etc. The sub packages will be sold how they’re listed. Also, the prices are fairly firm on some of the items, but a couple of them I might be way off on price. So feel free to message me and ask questions. However, I’m not going to accept low ***** offers. You’re not getting the trans set for $900 or anything like that, so don’t try. I'm not really interested in any trades, cash only so I can buy the motor for my 300ZX.

I have a few pics I snapped, but not of everything. If you want some specific pics, feel free to message. However, I don't want to be taking pics all day and night for people with no intent to buy, so if you don't have any money, don't waste our time.
Attached Thumbnails 1JZ/R154 partial part out (performance goodies)-we-012.jpg   1JZ/R154 partial part out (performance goodies)-we-013.jpg   1JZ/R154 partial part out (performance goodies)-we-017.jpg   1JZ/R154 partial part out (performance goodies)-we-020.jpg   1JZ/R154 partial part out (performance goodies)-071.jpg  

Old 05-06-15, 11:38 AM
AZTurbo
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any pics of the R154?
Old 05-06-15, 04:40 PM
Matt300ZXT
Pole Position

I went out in the shed and snapped some. I have the shifter housing, it's just not installed. The other pic shows the boxes the bellhousing and clutch kit are in.

Old 05-09-15, 08:57 PM
Matt300ZXT
Pole Position

If someone wants the bottom end to the motor, I already pulled the head. It'll have the rear sump oil pan and oil pump still attached to it. It'd be a great candidate for fresh rings and bearings and bolting on a head and forcing tons of boost down its throat. The bores are in great shape and still have some crosshatching in them.

I have pics of the top of each piston as well as shots of the cylinder walls from 2 angles. How's $450?
Old 05-11-15, 12:51 PM
FoolzGold
Driver School Candidate

how much for the r154?
Old 05-11-15, 05:49 PM
Matt300ZXT
Pole Position

First sentence...they're local pickup only. Can't ship from this site w/o a vouch. Sorry guys.
Old 05-12-15, 01:46 PM
DrBrown54
Driver School Candidate

I would recommend telling folks what part of TN you are in so they have a clue if it's feasible to drive that far. TN is a HUUUGE state from east to west. If I were closer I'd be interested in the r154 setup. But I'm like 4 states away. GLWS
Old 05-12-15, 06:28 PM
Matt300ZXT
Pole Position

It says Chattanooga, TN. There's some nice stuff to look at while in town, c'mon down
Old 05-12-15, 07:11 PM
Kire
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you interested in selling me just the flywheel? I really need one bad lol
Old 05-15-15, 05:24 AM
MLeopard
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sent you a PM
Old 05-15-15, 06:09 AM
screaminsc
Driver School Candidate

Wish you were able to ship the R154
Old 05-26-15, 06:40 AM
Matt300ZXT
Pole Position

ATI damper is sold.

As an update, since no one was showing any real interest in coming to get any of the items I decided to take the head off to make a 1.5JZ but I got a good look at the pistons/bores. The tops of the pistons were fine but had normal carbon buildup, and the bores looked good with crosshatching still in them. I checked the end play of the rotating assembly and the rods were still well within factory standard tolerances and the crank was dead at the bottom of the standard tolerances so it was all fine. I took the rods/pistons out and every bearing is photographed and multiple mechanics/machinists/builders say they look just fine for normal wear.

If someones wants the motor, for a little bit of money they can have everything cleaned, measured to get bearing sizes and refurbished and reassemble it so it's ready to scream. I do still have the OEM gasket set so no extra parts need to be purchased aside from whatever type of bearings you want and the types of rings, and the type of fasteners.
Old 05-26-15, 08:07 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

How much for jz bellhousing if you are willing to part with it
Old 05-29-15, 06:47 AM
Matt300ZXT
Pole Position

Not willing to split the trans up that much unless someone is in line to buy the trans itself and the clutch/flywheel kit.
Old 06-03-15, 09:28 PM
Matt300ZXT
Pole Position

Transmission setup sold.

Engine/head and various other parts associated with it still available, as well as the manifold, turbo and wiring harness.