SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

1.5jz sc400 WIRING SPECIALTIES INSTAL/SWAP

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-21, 07:59 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1.5jz sc400 WIRING SPECIALTIES INSTAL/SWAP

Hello peeps, been a while i have been dabbling with a ka24de-t powered pathfinder for the last few years so my sc has been sitting.

great daily, tank is small as **** but great otherwise, i need to pull the tranny and rebuild that currently.

But back to the sc, it has been on ice for years because of this swap AND the fact the damn thing wouldn't run after i crossed the battery terminal and i jumped the ign fuse with a wire and fried "something".

I had sent the aem v2 that i was using to aem 2x and had someone else check the wiring as i did myself(still a noob) and no explanation as to why it wouldn't run so it sat until i got the time and opportunity to source a low mileage/good condition body harness and purchase a brand new engine harness...

then last year in a Omaha junkyard i found my calling

the mintiest of mint you could find nowadays of one of these esp in the Midwest. so went back and pulled the 3 body harnesses i needed.

around this time i ordered a 1jz UNIVERSAL harness from wiring specialties, i didn't go with tweaked because i have gotten some sub harnesses from w.s. and i liked thier quality ect. i figured i would try my first major harness purchased with them as i will be buying my new rb s13 harness from them as my oem merged one has gotten old.

stupid me not realizing that this has 0 connections for the sc body harness that is important to turn on the MAIN RELAY. My previous engine harness was made by a member/legend on here called "account 2x".

He merged the jdm chaser harness and my oem sc400 harness, and i got around many million miles and years on it until i fried the wires somewhere.

so i intended to use SOME of the connectors from there to plug things in, but i had no idea i would pretty much need the whole thing*

so before this arrived i removed the old body harness to install the NEW, body/engine bay harness from the donor car. Not a fun task at all

at this point i also took the opportunity to toss that nasty tan interior with the grey i got in texas like a year before.

and now laying all the wires out

and here was the old ENGINE HARNESS again totally ignoring those orange plugs.

so around first week of dec 2020 my harness arrived, i don't have any pic's of it loomed out as i wouldn't think anyone cared.

The fit and finish is spot on and it's actually the exact/perfect length it needs to be reaching inside the cabin and onto the stock ecu location. THESE NEXT PICTURES WERE TAKEN "AFTER" I SWITCHED OVER TO ECU MASTER BLACK. but the harness was perfect for the out going aem v2 and the jumper harness i was using.

Old 03-15-21, 08:08 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My "current issue"--

So the harness does what it is supposed do, BUT! I have no power going to the center console or power to the stereo, the issue is it is NOT tripping the main relay! it has no direct plug and play body harness plugs but this white universal one(wiring specialties don't make a pnp for sc's but they do for mk4 supra's). the white plug allows basic functions like starting, reverse, ign etc.

those 2 main plugs that are under the fuse box are NOT in use with this harness, so now what? i have to go back and splice up the old engine harness for the body wiring to make things work WITHOUT interfering with the functions of my new harness!

will it work? well i will find out, there is one thing that concerns me though....

as you can see, there are 2 relays to the right, i'm not sure if these are replacement's for the green main relay(will call w.s. today) and if that is the case this may be a problem