2003 stock radar detector. How to turn it off? - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
2003 stock radar detector.  How to turn it off? >

2003 stock radar detector. How to turn it off?

Notices
SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

2003 stock radar detector. How to turn it off?

Old 01-10-18, 07:02 PM
MKurker
Driver School Candidate

Default 2003 stock radar detector. How to turn it off?

Help!
We put a new alternator in our car and now it appears that there is a radar detector in it. Two red light on either side of the dashboard panel that beep. It was a surprise to us. Any ideas how to turn it off?
Old 01-11-18, 01:16 AM
- V -
Lead Lap

umm in a first generation SC?!?!? ive never heard of that being an option and are you saying there is a radar detector IN the alternator? you gotta rework your post Start with the year and model of your car so we can figure out if youre in the right section of the forums and then give a bit more detail to what happened.
Old 01-11-18, 09:51 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Fanatic

Sounds like you have a K40 radar; it has been a dealer installed option for many years. As for turning it off, not a clue!
Old 01-13-18, 12:23 PM
BiGEZ
Lead Lap

My 99SC400 had a dealer installed radar detector in it, I removed it since it was somewhat outdated I was not sure how accurate it was. I have it somewhere in my extra parts box. I checked into it and found out it was a dealer installed option back in 99. The scanner section was installed in the front bumper and the controls display was in the cabin.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2003 stock radar detector. How to turn it off?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: