SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

1jzgte sc300 patch harness

Old 08-28-15, 06:01 PM
jomega29
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 1jzgte sc300 patch harness

Hello all this is my first question and ive looked on all forums,google so on and so forth im in ny and im looking for a harness extension so i dont have to cut my harness on my 1995 sc300 with the auto 1jzgte swap im doing. I see patch harnesses and harness services online, one is only an hour from my house (wiring specialties) which seems pretty reputable at this point and if i cant find some one to help me thats gonna be the route i take, i have a mild/major case of ocd when it comes to cutting harnesses it gives me the hee bee gee bees but im at the end of my rope by the way its not going to be my daily driver but i want it to run like a daily driver only about 400 whp nothing special, if Somebody knows anybody that makes a 1jzgte soarer harness extension or why nobody makes it that info will be much appreciated

Last edited by jomega29; 08-28-15 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Soarer,1jzgte,harness,sc300
Old 08-28-15, 11:15 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They're close to pnp, but not 100%. Things still need to be moved around. What you're suggesting is the hack way of doing it, and it will look like ****. Cough up the money if you want something proper. Google Mark Panic at panicwire
Old 08-28-15, 11:31 PM
jomega29
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Vrank
They're close to pnp, but not 100%. Things still need to be moved around. What you're suggesting is the hack way of doing it, and it will look like ****. Cough up the money if you want something proper. Google Mark Panic at panicwire
Thanks bro, panicwire.com is a new harness builder i never knew about, hes on the other side of the country but the prices seem decent im going to contact him about his turn around time because i only have a 30 day return on the motor so i cant afford a 6 week turn around, thats why wiring specialties seems like a go i have a guy in ny that does it for 700 with the tac and temp guage working but like everybody else he wants to chop it and that depresses me, i have no choice but to get over it
Old 08-29-15, 03:42 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Send it to panicwire like Vrank said
For the heck of it get the mil spec harness
Old 08-29-15, 07:06 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That dude gonna make your tach work without your cluster in his hands? Mark is hands down the only person I'd send work to. He's not new, he's actually been around longer than most of the other people, but he was working for PSI in Portland instead of for himself.

Pretty much everybody cuts the harness unless you build new from scratch. Why would modifying the harness properly depress you?! I've been daily driving gte swapped cars with harnesses made myself for years now, a/c, cruise control, etc etc. The only issues seem to be maintenance items, tires, a clutch and lots of smiles. I actually just shipped off my gfs old 1j harness to a friend since she no longer has a Lexus. Only repairs I had to do after 4 years was replace a few connectors, removed some circuits he wouldn't use so there were no noticeable unplugged stuff in the bay (security horn, pps, low oil level, all vsv's). I have no qualms this will last longer than he has the car for.

Oh, you might wanna try the cable from the mk4 TT supra for your cruise control to still work.
Old 08-29-15, 11:18 AM
GISguy
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Extending harnesses is not exactly rocket science. Just make sure you solder well and shield the **** out of your cables, and you're good.

Source- done custom cable work for PCs for YEARS.
Old 08-29-15, 10:23 PM
jomega29
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Vrank
That dude gonna make your tach work without your cluster in his hands? Mark is hands down the only person I'd send work to. He's not new, he's actually been around longer than most of the other people, but he was working for PSI in Portland instead of for himself.

Pretty much everybody cuts the harness unless you build new from scratch. Why would modifying the harness properly depress you?! I've been daily driving gte swapped cars with harnesses made myself for years now, a/c, cruise control, etc etc. The only issues seem to be maintenance items, tires, a clutch and lots of smiles. I actually just shipped off my gfs old 1j harness to a friend since she no longer has a Lexus. Only repairs I had to do after 4 years was replace a few connectors, removed some circuits he wouldn't use so there were no noticeable unplugged stuff in the bay (security horn, pps, low oil level, all vsv's). I have no qualms this will last longer than he has the car for.

Oh, you might wanna try the cable from the mk4 TT supra for your cruise control to still work.
In not gonna drive it everyday but like you said i want i to be daily driveable condition with all the amenities a lexus is supposed to have i emailed the dude marc and he got right back to me his prices are almost the same with the shipping to the west coast, and his reputation seems to speak for it self, thanks for the advice i believe im gonna go this route, also will the vvti swap throw a bunch of codes in my obd1 car that i cant get rid off
Old 08-29-15, 10:37 PM
jomega29
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by GISguy
Extending harnesses is not exactly rocket science. Just make sure you solder well and shield the **** out of your cables, and you're good.

Source- done custom cable work for PCs for YEARS.
I hear you buddy, im just not doing it my self the first go round im gonna swap it myself just not the wiring, im planning a g body 2j swap in the future if this goes well which it should cause its old tech just new to me. The cutlass is cut and dry and only needs grounds run to make a/c work and the tranny will be a th400 so im not worried about the speedo, ill figure out the temp and oil guages im sure, the sc300 just has to much for me to figure out,ie: auto trans, tach, temp, and other stuff that the ecu controls that ill pass on messing with its elementary to you guys but im still in pre k when it comes to 1jz/2jz stuff
Old 08-30-15, 07:59 AM
Dtaylor3
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Panic Wire isnt taking on any jobs right now, I contacted them last week for a harness. Your best bet is going thru Tweaked Performance
Old 08-30-15, 04:51 PM
jomega29
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dtaylor3
Panic Wire isnt taking on any jobs right now, I contacted them last week for a harness. Your best bet is going thru Tweaked Performance
Thats weird, ive been emailing them back and forth for two days and their very nice people and gun ho about helping out im happy you guys told me about them