Old 03-25-03, 06:40 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you believe this guy?

He should give credit where the credit is due:

http://www.intellexual.net/home.html

Its under "READ", "FAQ SC" and than "FI SC400"

That is my Twin Turbo that he mentioned. I hope some inform him to correct the error.

david

Last edited by Lextreme; 03-25-03 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-25-03, 06:50 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

um.. he's a member of CL
forgot his screen name tho
Old 03-25-03, 06:57 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by NRG
um.. he's a member of CL
forgot his screen name tho
That's lex400sc site.
Old 03-25-03, 08:48 PM
strongsail
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the faq is a work in progress, lex400sc has gotten info from a lot of sources and has put a lot of good work into it, I'm sure if he has something attributed incorrectly he'd be glad to know it...
Old 03-25-03, 09:06 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

I agree that it has a lot of good info, but incorrect info is more damaging than correct info. I just dont think its correct to let the public know false information. I hope he will correct the error.
Old 03-25-03, 09:14 PM
strongsail
Instructor

yeah, well, in case he doesn't read this thread, why don't you pm him
Old 03-26-03, 03:30 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

If you have a problem with information on my FAQ, why not contact me first via the email address listed on my website, or even the guestbook listed on my website, before jumping to talk ***** about me on various web forums.

I'm sorry for selfishly providing a FAQ for other Lexus enthusiests to learn from since I am obviously doing so to exploit you. I'm sorry for selfishly spending hundreds of hours of my free time sifting through and gathering info, organizing it all into a readable index, and then hosting all the bandwidth on my personal site free of charge. I'm sorry that I go through such trouble just to be publically attacked by someone like you in the end on account of because I never wrote your name in lights (it might have helped if you didn't change your handle too). I can't say you're the first though. Maybe you and S'Low Rider can get together and sue me for being human...

I'm thinking I should remove the FAQ because I'd rather not deal with this kind of BS in the future.

Last edited by lex400sc; 03-26-03 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-26-03, 04:13 PM
octane300
Lead Lap

uhhh....check please!
Old 03-26-03, 08:54 PM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

I agree, you should have PM him or Emailed him to state the problem. Lex400sc has contributed a lot to CL especially to the SC300/400 portion. He was a good moderator and hosts a good informative site for us. I haven't seen the information he has published on the Twin Turbo, but I am sure he got it publicly somewhere and didn't just fabricate it... being said that what is the difference if people read it on there or on here? I don't think he is trying to steal your credit... just informing people about things.

I also understand how you spent a lot of money and time to make your car TT but CL should be a comunity where you share information so everyone benifits. If everyone kept their secrets to themselves... we might as well not come on here.

Just my opinion anyways.

And do please keep the FAQ up

Originally posted by lex400sc
If you have a problem with information on my FAQ, why not contact me first via the email address listed on my website, or even the guestbook listed on my website, before jumping to talk ***** about me on various web forums.

I'm sorry for selfishly providing a FAQ for other Lexus enthusiests to learn from since I am obviously doing so to exploit you. I'm sorry for selfishly spending hundreds of hours of my free time sifting through and gathering info, organizing it all into a readable index, and then hosting all the bandwidth on my personal site free of charge. I'm sorry that I go through such trouble just to be publically attacked by someone like you in the end on account of because I never wrote your name in lights (it might have helped if you didn't change your handle too). I can't say you're the first though. Maybe you and S'Low Rider can get together and sue me for being human...

I'm thinking I should remove the FAQ because I'd rather not deal with this kind of BS in the future.
Old 03-26-03, 09:14 PM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

Ok, honestly, i dont see what the big deal is. He accidently listed your TT setup under a sc400. BIG DEAL. he didnt post pictures or procedures, just dyno numbers. who cares. You start a thread saying "can you believe this guy?" like he took pictures of your car stuck it on his webpage and claimed it as his own. Now the FAQ is no longer on the page probibly because of people like you.
Old 03-26-03, 10:23 PM
strongsail
Instructor

Default it's gone alright

yeah, waytogo Lextreme, you really helped us all out with your carping, that really accomplished a lot, now the faq page is down, just thanks a bunch, dipweed
Old 03-26-03, 10:47 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Just to clarify something. I did email him, but he never responded. That is why i post this thread. Yes, i know he got the information from the web and put it in the FAQ, but correct information is important too. I bet many calls to PHR about the TT that produce 324.5 rwhp with 8 psi and PHR have no information about it. Dont you think the public should know the truth?

I have read your site about the SC, very nice and a lot of work was put in. I also spend countless hours on my project and many motorsports facilities discourge me even try to make it. Well, guess what i proof them wrong. I usually work on my car when my wife is asleep and work until 1-2 am. There are nights that i can't even sleep thinking about my project. How would you like crawling under the car with a 3 ton jack and support in a freezing cold and wet enviroment?

I just dont like the attitude from Lex400sc coming out. Eventhough he made a mistake and not willing to admit it. I guess he is not "MAN" enought. It doesnt matter if the FAQ is UP or Down. I just think the public should get the right information.

About keeping secret. Have been to my site yet? I encourage everyone try to copy my kit. If I can do it, so can you.

Last edited by Lextreme; 03-26-03 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-26-03, 10:58 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?
Old 03-26-03, 11:09 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

I am cool with it. Someone just not mature enough to admit their mistakes that is all. Howvever, i can sense some personal attacks coming my way.

Last edited by Lextreme; 03-26-03 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-27-03, 12:01 AM
lexus_sc400_n20
Pole Position

I would not hate on lex400sc at all, he is only trying to help. I dont think he deserves to be talked to like that considering all he has done to help the SC community. Just think before you talk ****.

lex400sc - plz put the faq back up, it helps so many people out there who dont know everything about the sc.

Quick Reply: Can you believe this guy?