SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

It's been a while, but just a little FYI

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-03, 10:46 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy It's been a while, but just a little FYI

I've been gone from CL for such a long time now. I haven't posted much, but I'm sure no one notices anyhow. Just wanted to let everyone know that my I washed my car from head to toe since its been raining here.

To make a long story short, I park my car at school, in the normal corner spot to avoid door dings and such. I get out of school finishing up my mid-term and noticed that some JERK keyed my car on the passenger side of the car. not noticeable until you get to the front panels... but noticeable enough to get me pissed. Just when I think my car is done and safe, someone has to ruin it all by keying it. Bunch of stupid haters. So now i don't drive my car to school anymore. Sad huh?

Sorry everyone, just wanted to vent. Wanted to take some current pics of the new and improved Do-Luck SC with some new goodies along with ACLEANSC4, but i don't know if that's going to be happening. I still can't believe that no one saw anything. Whatever, just some jealous people.... anyhow....i havnent' driven my car for a week now....

so, just watch out to you people in CA who mod their cars. too many idiots roaming around. Now i know why i recently moved to a better place far and away.
Old 03-17-03, 10:54 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Yup....I got keyed in front of the library as well...
We need to get one of those "Step away from the vehicle" alarm thingi.
Old 03-17-03, 10:54 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh no...that sucks man. I'm sorry to hear it. Good thing my car doesn't look nice anymore (black rims )

Well, the TT won't be done with it's kit until another month. You have until then to get it painted!

Can't we all just appreciate nice cars without touching it? Mine has so many dings in it I don't care anymore..
Old 03-17-03, 11:18 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ACleanSC4

Can't we all just appreciate nice cars without touching it? Mine has so many dings in it I don't care anymore..
The dings just take a lot of the love out of it. Imagine having other damages. It's like having a bad child. What can you do.....?
Old 03-17-03, 11:20 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

it doesnt help that the cars are perfectly strait bodied. that glass slick side shows a ding like a freight train ran through it. i have one ding on each side and it can be seen for miles (so i think, anyway).
Old 03-18-03, 12:29 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if I was you...I wouldve been on the floor crying...then i would grab a my assault rifle and gun those @*#! down...counterstrike style...
Old 03-18-03, 03:50 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

That sux sorry to hear that. Did it go through the paint?

dont feel too bad........

..I just wrecked mine a few nights ago.

Last edited by DriftGirl; 03-18-03 at 03:51 AM.
Old 03-18-03, 11:21 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My girlfriend's car got keyed this past weekend, too.
Here's some instructions I found on how to polish it so it does not look quite so bad:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...&threadid=8592
Old 03-18-03, 11:33 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PerryinLA: link does not work..
Old 03-18-03, 01:51 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hmmm...I just clicked on it and it worked fine, so it might have something to do with your cookies, or lack thereof. Or maybe you have to register on the forum first, which you can do at
http://www.autopia-carcare.com.

After registering, the article can be found at:
Autopia > Detailing > Autopia Member Articles > Scratch & Chip Repair

Between ClubLexus, SoundDomain.com and Autopia-Carcare.com, I'm covered !
Old 03-18-03, 09:46 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

thanks everyone for the words. but yes, the front panel key mark is through the paint. i could put my finger nail in there and let it sit. i'll try to get it fixed...

i have an idea of who it is, but don't think i'll do anything.
Old 03-19-03, 07:48 PM
RacingLexusBoi
Rookie

do-luck sc, I feel ur pain. . I try everything to avoid accidents like this but sum ppl r just ************ jerks and *****. After being dented in my rear passenger bumper, emblem stolen, door dents( 2 many 2 remember), stickers put on my car ( why???), wheel cap stolen( they were not even new or shiny lookin), and recently my mirrors being played with ( 1 side pushed up and the other puch down 3 days last wk) in the year and 1/2 i had the car. Luckly I have not been keyed yet but i seem to have many enemies.

Hope every works out for u and u noe the funny thing about this is that if i find out who did these things and make them pay for their actions, i would b the 1 arrested. Funny how things work out.
Old 03-21-03, 02:00 PM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Default That sucks

Sorry to hear your story Do-Luck, my 93sc400 has a few door dinges from the previous owner, but never keyed. Got my 77280z repainted and the same week some idiot at my job opened his/her door on my car. The result was a nice size door ding, too many haters in this world. Don't take the law in your own hands, unless you saw who did it, then take them to court., then a can of a.. kicking. Stay up and remember whoever did this will get theirs sooner or later, hopefully sooner.
Old 03-21-03, 09:17 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

hey man,

i'm really sorry to hear that. i can't believe how anybody can go about keying another person's car. unless that person has some serious beef with you. it really sucks that people can do such things.

if you guys are gonna take some pics, let me know. maybe i'll cruise on down there if i'm free
Old 03-21-03, 09:30 PM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

Door dings suck!! I haven't ever had my car keyed... but had emblems stolen... got the trunk lid and nose repainted by the insurance company... even though the scratches were minimal. Doesn't insurance cover comprehensive? I know if my car got keyed I would have my insurance company repaint the each panel that is scratched... and if enough ask them for a full paint job. This kind of stuff is so childish, I always wonder to myself is it even worth it to find the person who did it and do very bad things to them... I usually think no because then I am no better than them... but revenge is always so sweet. GL with things, very very sorry to hear that. Could be worse right? Someone could have hit your car and ran... or broken in and stolen something.