SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lexi's Journey :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-13, 02:18 PM
Dms3603
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually see it I believe parked at ur crib, at vcc west, or cruising around the west side lol. I have a flat black sc300. I will post pics soon just been kinda busy with school n work n blah blah blah. But you may have seen it, its plasti dipped.
Old 10-21-13, 05:37 PM
dc893
Lead Lap

To me those stock ones look 1,000X better than the ones that were on it.
Old 10-22-13, 12:12 PM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

welcome! I always liked Sandstone SCs, gotta love how the interior matches with the car..lol.
Old 10-23-13, 10:33 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dms3603
I usually see it I believe parked at ur crib, at vcc west, or cruising around the west side lol. I have a flat black sc300. I will post pics soon just been kinda busy with school n work n blah blah blah. But you may have seen it, its plasti dipped.
WHAT A STALKER. GOSH. Haha jk. And yeah clearly you have seen me around alot. Do you also live on the west side and go to VCC West? When I first started going was a person with an SC that I used to always park by. And you said you have a flat black SC? That's hilarious because once I saw a matte black SC at VCC West and took a pic of it and said I was gonna post it in the spotted thread but NEVER DID. I have the pic still, I'm gonna post it below and I'll laugh so hard if it's yours rofl. The other person with the SC at VCC had a white one o-o.

Is this yours?

Originally Posted by dc893
To me those stock ones look 1,000X better than the ones that were on it.
Thanks, you and a lot of other people feel the same way. I didn't pick those rims, and trust me they weren't my favorite either because they are super annoying to clean and they just seem too girly to me. What's funny is that I see someone with those same Konig Laces on their Camry and I LOL'd when I saw a guy put it on his G35. I'm like WTF?

Originally Posted by soarer213
welcome! I always liked Sandstone SCs, gotta love how the interior matches with the car..lol.
Aww thanks Soarer lol. I didn't even think about that until just now. Black SCs are just as nice I barely see SCs around my area to be honest.
Old 10-26-13, 08:20 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Default Update!!!

Finally got the HIDs that I wanted and it does make driving at night much more enjoying. It's the 6K Bright Whites Turns out I only had to pay 67 for them with the install and warranty!

Idk if it's just me but I feel like the lighting is kinda off. o-o I think its the way I took the pic and that I need my headlights cleaned better.

Last night!
Old 10-26-13, 01:52 PM
dc893
Lead Lap

I have a rather cheap HID setup in my car. The problem with the cheaper kits is the either the ballast or the bulb does not get to quite the correct temp. and gives a slightly different color than advertised. You may need to try a 5000k bulb with those ballasts if you are going for a pure white color. Could be the pics but those look closer to about 8000k-10,000k. It does look much better than the stock halogen system!
Attached Thumbnails Lexi's Journey :)-hid-color-chart-large.jpg  

Last edited by dc893; 10-26-13 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-28-13, 06:57 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver

I have a rather cheap HID setup in my car. The problem with the cheaper kits is the either the ballast or the bulb does not get to quite the correct temp. and gives a slightly different color than advertised. You may need to try a 5000k bulb with those ballasts if you are going for a pure white color. Could be the pics but those look closer to about 8000k-10,000k. It does look much better than the stock halogen system!
Oh okay, I see what you're saying. I know that they really do look different compared to the way they look as advertised. I didn't want to go with HIDs tha have a blue-ish tint on it because I felt it wouldn't look good with the car color. I thought that the 6k bright whites would be like a paper white but it's only certain times they look that way while driving. Ahhhh I wish I knew that a few days ago. I mean I love the way they look now, but I would have wanted a crisper white. By looking at the pic, the 5ks seemed like they would have been the better choice. Regardless i am pleased though.

I also don't think my fog lights work I do plan to put 6ks on my fogs too just to complete the look. The guy was explaining to me though that it would cost a little more because they have to remove the bumper. But then again I do plan to change my front lip in the future. Actually, speaking of, do the front lips come with their own fog lights? Because if that's the case I will just wait it out until I get a new lip.

Lol, thanks though for the tip. I appreciate it I feel like it's kinda too late now and I'm too lazy to ask them to switch it/order another set so I'll deal for now. Looks can be so deceiving. D:<
Old 10-28-13, 07:05 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah im super picky when i buy HID's, I hate blue HID's and prefer 4500 to 5k.
Old 10-28-13, 07:10 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Oh noooo. And wow Paulo, I've seen you a lot around the forums, your SC is SICK. talk about low o-o.

Rookie mistake I guess. Lol. 6ks aren't as white as I'd like but they are what I have for now. Can't cry over spilled milk but at least I know when I get my fogs done I'll get 5ks. D: It's not as blue as they look though, I think it's the pics but wut do I know about life. LOL. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 10-28-13, 07:15 PM
dc893
Lead Lap

It's hard to tell how some HID colors will actually come out. Here is my car with 6000k HID bulbs. This just shows that what some companies claim does not mean much.
Attached Thumbnails Lexi's Journey :)-img_0979.jpg   Lexi's Journey :)-img_0983.jpg  
Old 10-28-13, 07:18 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your SC is coming along nice, cant wait to go to the V2 lab meet in O-Town next year.
Old 10-29-13, 07:39 AM
Dms3603
Rookie

[QUOTE=SPLiFFY;8201989]WHAT A STALKER. GOSH. Haha jk. And yeah clearly you have seen me around alot. Do you also live on the west side and go to VCC West? When I first started going was a person with an SC that I used to always park by. And you said you have a flat black SC? That's hilarious because once I saw a matte black SC at VCC West and took a pic of it and said I was gonna post it in the spotted thread but NEVER DID. I have the pic still, I'm gonna post it below and I'll laugh so hard if it's yours rofl. The other person with the SC at VCC had a white one o-o.

Is this yours?

yep that's my baby. Yea i go to vcc west and winter park. I used to live on that side of town close to you but that was when I had my red 95 on evo 8 enkeis. The white sc at vcc west may be a buddy of mines car. I am currently in the process of buying another sc ( hopefully a 97+) so I can really start tracking the one you saw. what are your plans for the sc?
Old 10-30-13, 11:03 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

DC, yeah but your car looks sick wih 6ks on there. And yours actually look white. That was a good pick for your car actually. It's weird because I've had them for like a week now and they are starting to look like bright whites. When I first got them, there was that bluish-tint but I'm not seeing it anymore. Maybe it's just me?

Justin, thank you very much sir. Did you not get to go to the Showdown in O-Town meet this month?

DMS, lawlll you're gonna be an SC hoarder sometime soon. I can see it in your future. Well an early congrats to you on buying another SC. Ahh I remember that white SC had like these blue/teal color rims and hella decals on it. It was parked in that lot after the SSB building (in the overflow area) alot. I just go to VCC West. Normally if I see an SCs on campus I'll try and park next to them haha.

Well now that I have my HIDs, im saving up again and I'm looking forward to getting my dent taken out. After that I'm looking for a new interior set and lowering her just a bit more. Then when I really save up.. VOSSENNNNNSSSSSSSS.

How about you?
Old 10-30-13, 12:02 PM
Dms3603
Rookie

I am looking at going boost hopefully soon but before that I have a long list of things to fix. Ie ..... Control arms, Struts and springs, A nasty dent from some nut who hit n run my car at vcc,interior is shot, and I could use some paint ( tired of plastidip lol ). All in all I have alot to do.
Old 10-30-13, 01:51 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

It's hard to tell how some HID colors will actually come out. Here is my car with 6000k HID bulbs. This just shows that what some companies claim does not mean much.
omg i love 1st gen LS's

Quick Reply: Lexi's Journey :)