Lexi's Journey :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-13, 10:07 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexi's Journey :)

Hello Everyone

I haven't really done any type of modding to my car, but I just wanted to make this little thread about my SC's current journey. She is a work in progress and I know she isn't AMAZING like you guys but I'm gonna get there one day

Anyways, this is my 95 SC when I first got her. A JVC unit was put in to replace the stock radio and the silver part next to window on the car (idk what to call it sorry) used to be black, but I cleaned it off recently. Also she had Konig Lace rims.

Then came the time she had hella issues for over a month and half with the continuous stalling and shutting off, which was narrowed down to the ECU. Thanks to you all I had a thread about the problems somewhere on here. Anyways that was actually rebuilt and replaced. Sorry I don't have a pic for that.

Afterwards being that i'm a college student and I would switch between saving for school and my car I wanted to make her more personal, so I decided to get this.

I can't tell you how much hate I got about "why would you have to announce it's a Lex" and "I ruined the car." I almost took it off just because I kept getting made fun of but I like it.

Afterwards, I then made up my mind to get another decal. This one really hit me hard because it was in honor of a puppy. It's a double meaning though obviously So people just assume I mean the engine but I mean the puppy too because his name was 2JZ aka 2J.

This is 2JZ. He was hit by a car and I miss him very much. He was also very sick with Parvo as a puppy because he would always eat things off the floor (his owner owns a mechanic shop). He almost didn't make it, bu then he got well.. and then later died. Funny thing was that just a week before he died, someone has poisoned his parents. At least he's in heaven with his parents, but he's always in my heart and on my car.

So if you're wondering why there was a black plastic bag on my window in the previous pic, IT'S BECAUSE someone tried to break into my car. So that was annoying because my passenger's side door stopped working from the outside and I was like whatever, things happen. The following night though my driver's side door was also not working and I was locked out of my car for a few hours. That led me to a few days of Lexi being down because of the parts and frankly because it was tedious to get fixed. Just wanna say thanks to the potential thieves for making more work for me -____-

Just recently I got another decal. This is short and to the point. It's the website for my dad's best friend's shop. I'm currently building the website, so if you go to it.. LOL just know it's under construction. Notice the decal also has another double meaning I'm actually gonna get this one redone so they could shape it better on the window.
(sc in the link means Service Center).

Moving on, the front bumper lip was taken off another parted SC so I'm making use of it

And then I decided that the Konig Laces weren't doing it for me, and it took away from the look of the car, so I went back to basics.

So if you all read this far, then thanks. I know this is pretty much nothing to you all but for me it has been a journey. This is a huge amount of progress for me being that I'm a girl and know 1% of what you all know. It's hard for me because I don't know how to do many of these things myself but I could tell you or show you what I want my car to look and feel like when I drive it. I actually get all my work done at my friend's shop so I am quite lucky to be able to watch him work and learn a few things.

Thanks for at least listening to my little work in progress. Right now I am saving up for HIDs and get my dent taken out. I haven't done it yet because the front panel will have to be replaced for it to look right. Afterwards I'm looking into a front lip, new interior set and I DEFINITELY want to be lower. I'm just not sure how to go about that. Oh and of course, my biggest dream.. VOSSENS. Anyways, I'm learning every day on here and thank you guys for listening.
Old 10-14-13, 10:41 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey your sc looks great, dont listen to what other people think, i think the decals are cool i just recently lowered my car on D2s, i have enkei rpf1s on pirelli's, and it sux when people try to rob ur car but thats why we hae insurance, anyway good luck!
Old 10-14-13, 10:50 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Thank you so much for thinking so, I'm glad someone likes them. I don't know what D2s are. Would you like to kindly explain? I didn't know what the Enkei RpF1s were either but when I looked them up, they are really nice My ultimate dream rims are Vossens and my life like revolves around getting them. They're just really expensive for me but I will save

My SC was faithful to me, and they had broke both the clips on the door locks but they were not able to get in. Ever since, i always take off the JVC unit face and I hide my GPS. To be honest I have one of those 7 in Magellan GPS models in the car and it's probably that or the unit they wanted. I don't have anything else LOL.
Old 10-14-13, 11:20 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SPLiFFY
Thank you so much for thinking so, I'm glad someone likes them. I don't know what D2s are. Would you like to kindly explain? I didn't know what the Enkei RpF1s were either but when I looked them up, they are really nice My ultimate dream rims are Vossens and my life like revolves around getting them. They're just really expensive for me but I will save

My SC was faithful to me, and they had broke both the clips on the door locks but they were not able to get in. Ever since, i always take off the JVC unit face and I hide my GPS. To be honest I have one of those 7 in Magellan GPS models in the car and it's probably that or the unit they wanted. I don't have anything else LOL.
lol halfway breaking in they realized it wasnt worth it so they left

D2s are coilovers that lower the car, you said you wanted yours lowered so i assumed you knew, sorry.

yes sc's are lifelong companions, they're not just cars.

vossens are nice for celebrities, not us lol, get a momo, enkei, motegi, sparco, bbs. fairly priced rims that are still good quality
Old 10-14-13, 11:37 AM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

That's pretty clean for a 95, which part of florida are you in?
Old 10-14-13, 11:54 AM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sad to hear about your dog. Good to see stock wheels on there tho. My car rides so much smoother with the stock wheels on it. Mine are just like yours except my center caps have faded a lot. Going to use plasti dip silver on the wheels and center caps next weekend I think, if it turns out good I'll put a pic. Cheap way of giving your rims a nice shine without costing much at all.

The silver part next to the window is a Pillar, plasti dip it black if you don't like it, or if it is faded. Cheap fast solution. Although there are other methods as well.

Good luck with everything. Get your priorities straight, the hell with the Vossens! Especially if your in an area where people are breaking into cars for a GPS......those expensive wheels will be gone even faster!
Old 10-14-13, 12:03 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome and sad to hear about your dog. Also who cares what people think about YOUR car. Build it how you like it and don't worry what everybody thinks. Its only about 5% of the people in the car scene that will think outside the box and mod their car the way they like it. The other 95% follow what everybody else does. Keep up the good work and mod the way you like it
Old 10-14-13, 12:22 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Originally Posted by SC4o0
lol halfway breaking in they realized it wasnt worth it so they left

D2s are coilovers that lower the car, you said you wanted yours lowered so i assumed you knew, sorry.

yes sc's are lifelong companions, they're not just cars.

vossens are nice for celebrities, not us lol, get a momo, enkei, motegi, sparco, bbs. fairly priced rims that are still good quality
LOL. It's true. There really isn't anything to steal in the car besides the car itself. I don't know much about coilovers, I need to learn about them. I just know OF them. Vossens are so beautiful, but the prices aren't BBS are nice though, I will admit that. I'm looking for rims that look like the Vossen CV3s. There is a guy on here that has a gorgeous red SC with Vossens too!

Originally Posted by Maserati
That's pretty clean for a 95, which part of florida are you in?
Yes it is. This car has been in my family for 7 years but I'm the first one to really get interested in the cars. Actually I only have 123k on there, when I got her there was about 110k. I'm in Central Florida, right in downtown Orlando. How about you?

Originally Posted by Biddles
Sad to hear about your dog. Good to see stock wheels on there tho. My car rides so much smoother with the stock wheels on it. Mine are just like yours except my center caps have faded a lot. Going to use plasti dip silver on the wheels and center caps next weekend I think, if it turns out good I'll put a pic. Cheap way of giving your rims a nice shine without costing much at all.

The silver part next to the window is a Pillar, plasti dip it black if you don't like it, or if it is faded. Cheap fast solution. Although there are other methods as well.

Good luck with everything. Get your priorities straight, the hell with the Vossens! Especially if your in an area where people are breaking into cars for a GPS......those expensive wheels will be gone even faster!
Thank you for your kind words about 2J. My dad had bought the stock rims a while ago but I didn't want them on just yet. The previous owner had 19 Ruff Racing rims on there and I loved them but my dad didn't want us learning to drive with them and he sold them. Oh good, you have stocks too! Actually the stock rims I have were kinda beaten up, and my dad's friend (with the shop) had spray painted them and re-did them for me. I actually would like to re-do the emblems in the near future. Thanks for telling me the name of the part on the window. I like that it was black before, but it was chipping so my dad cleaned it off for me. Maybe I will do it black again, we'll see. lol I'm surprised you guys aren't as excited about Vossens as I am! It's true, I'll take stocks over cinderblocks any day!

By the way, make sure you post the pics on how it came out for you! I'd like to know if there is any way to re-do the little logo emblems on the caps.

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
Welcome and sad to hear about your dog. Also who cares what people think about YOUR car. Build it how you like it and don't worry what everybody thinks. Its only about 5% of the people in the car scene that will think outside the box and mod their car the way they like it. The other 95% follow what everybody else does. Keep up the good work and mod the way you like it
Aww thanks.. I know 2J is in a better place. I cave in easily when people critisize me and that is my fault. I used to work for Lexus and some people really treated my SC like dirt. They'd tell me the rudest comments about "what turd did you bring here" and "that's not the proper way to set up an SC" etc. The funny thing was that the same people who made fun of me didn't even own a Lexus to begin with. I agree with your statement. I could care less for exotic cars and all that because I feel you can take a normal car and mod it to make it better than the more expensive vehicles. Although SC's are older, there is one word I always use to describe them.. Timeless.

Thank you everyone for all your kind words! I'm surprised to get so much feedback ClubLexus FTW.
Old 10-14-13, 12:33 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

girls and cars go well together
Old 10-14-13, 12:36 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver

LOL. Why thank you. Now quick, get off ClubLexus and find some female Lexus enthusiasts so that I'm not so lonely! I was actually posting on the Florida Lexus forums about finding a female Lexus crew, but no such luck.

Go find them SC!!! Hurry!!! Don't come back until you find about 30 of them. khthnxbai!

Btw what games do you play on console? I just saw your icons under your profile info!
Old 10-14-13, 04:18 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SPLiFFY
LOL. Why thank you. Now quick, get off ClubLexus and find some female Lexus enthusiasts so that I'm not so lonely! I was actually posting on the Florida Lexus forums about finding a female Lexus crew, but no such luck.

Go find them SC!!! Hurry!!! Don't come back until you find about 30 of them. khthnxbai!

Btw what games do you play on console? I just saw your icons under your profile info!
sigh... the usual: COD, gta5, granturismo, etc. havent had time lately, so busy.
Old 10-14-13, 07:45 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Good start. I definitely recommend you wet-sand and polish the headlights. Its a cheap DIY and it will improve the look of your car drastically by making the headlights clear again.

Good luck on your modding journey
Old 10-17-13, 07:34 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Default Plasti-Dippy!

Originally Posted by SC4o0
sigh... the usual: COD, gta5, granturismo, etc. havent had time lately, so busy.
Oh okay, I built my computer for gaming, so I play a lot of FPS and racing games. I also don't have the time as much to play so I watch video game walkthrough/playthroughs on Youtube GTA5 looks super fun with the flying

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
Good start. I definitely recommend you wet-sand and polish the headlights. Its a cheap DIY and it will improve the look of your car drastically by making the headlights clear again.

Good luck on your modding journey
Thank you so much for the tip I will definitely take it into consideration because the headlights aren't cute when they are yellowing! Today I'm gonna detail like hell to get ready for this weekend!

I also did another thing! I saw another guy on the forums with a gold SC that he plastidipped the emblems and I was INSPIRED! I was gonna do pink, but I didn't wanna be too obvious about it being girl-driven. I like people to wonder

It's my first try EVER at plastidipping and it was easy, but tedious. It took me hours to plastidip the emblems as well as the pillars and the logos on the rims. I did this with my grandma, so it was a fun experience for us both

I left the full emblem black on the rim caps because every time I tried to peel the inner pieces of the logo, it would rip the whole logo peel. Oh well, I'll find a way around that. When i get more patience, I'll clean out the middle part. LOL.

Not bad for a first-timer! It's not PERFECT, but it's the best I could do. When I get more bold, I'll definitely move over to pink. Now off for Lexi's bath and preparation for the event! Thanks

Last edited by SPLiFFY; 10-17-13 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Because I Can :x
Old 10-17-13, 07:49 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The emblems and wheels came out pretty good for your first time. That's awesome too that your grandma helped you out as well.
Old 10-17-13, 07:52 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Thank you vewwy much! And yes, my grandma and I are super close. We do everything together! I messed up a lot and honestly I had to redo the pillars like twice and each rim like 2 times also. It was terrible. I have no idea how to clean the logos on the rim caps without ruining the paint. Any tips?

Quick Reply: Lexi's Journey :)