SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300 Headlights will not turn on.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-13, 08:04 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SC300 Headlights will not turn on.

Hey guys. I'm having a very strange issue, I rubbed through my harness and killed power to pretty much all ancillaries. The car still ran so I pulled it into a space, repaired the harness and tried to start it. It turned out that the anti-theft was not allowing the car to start so I ground it out and the car starts. But I cannot get the headlights to turn on. All the lights turn on except the headlights. tails, brakes, corner lights, I can pull the stalk and turn on the high beams but not by pushing them.

My dashboard is out but the gauge cluster is in and the lights on the cluster work. But nothing with the headlights. There is 14v at the headlights and no power at ground so the ground is not shorted. The headlights can be turned on at the relay. I changed the stalk with a known working one but still nothing.

Any ideas would be appreciated!
Old 06-05-13, 09:01 AM
Dawa
Lead Lap

this is a silly question, but have you pulled the bulbs and checked if the filaments were blown?
that way you can at least rule that out.

when you rubbed through the harness, did you clean and inspect then rewrap each individual
wire? there could still be a ground.
Old 06-05-13, 10:02 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

If the filaments were blown they wouldn't turn on at all. I would assume they still work. I still say there is another fuse or relay that is tripped. Recheck everything and report back your findings.
Old 06-05-13, 11:01 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Bulbs are good. I replaced all fuses twice even if they looked fine. I have been trouble shooting this issue since November and have taken the entire harness apart from the passenger side behind the dash following it up to the fuse box in the engine bay. I very well could have missed something but I doubt it.

I dropped it off at a shop and they have trouble shot it and cannot figure it out either. They checked the harness and said power is getting everywhere it should but the lights will not come on!! Confusing!
Old 06-05-13, 11:23 AM
Dawa
Lead Lap

yeah my bad. i read it in full after i hit post quick reply and realized nothing i said even applied aha.

i just ran into that problem 2 weekends ago where neither of my headlights would work and before trouble shooting i thought of checking the bulbs.
Old 06-05-13, 12:12 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

LOL no prob. Thanks for the response at least. Better than crickets.
Old 06-05-13, 01:37 PM
PeteSoarer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7563112-post6.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...t-turn-on.html
Old 06-05-13, 01:46 PM
PeteSoarer
Driver

I had exactly the same problem after i wrecked the wires under front fender. Integration relay is the problem and after you bypass it your "auto" lights wont work and you have to use light switch every time you use headlights.
Old 06-06-13, 06:12 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PeteSoarer
I had exactly the same problem after i wrecked the wires under front fender. Integration relay is the problem and after you bypass it your "auto" lights wont work and you have to use light switch every time you use headlights.
wow, this is the best help I have ever had on this forum.

Seriously if this works I am going to paypal you some money just for being a huge help!

Where is the integration relay located? I have two parts cars, maybe I can pull a working one.
Old 06-06-13, 04:36 PM
Quocsc400
Driver School Candidate

How do you bypass?
Old 06-06-13, 08:22 PM
gotboost00
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by OBEEWON

Seriously if this works I am going to paypal you some money just for being a huge help!

Where is the integration relay located? I have two parts cars, maybe I can pull a working one.
OB,
Check out the following site. it's' a good source to have. The integration relay is located in the passenger side compartment fuse/relay block.

http://www.lextreme.com/Lexcompartlocate.pdf

Here's another pic of it: Part # 82641

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.co...ukey_make=1082

It will look like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/82641-24050-...-/400329591172

In order to bypass it you would just need to find the wiring diagram and see what would be needed.

PS - On a different note, my bad for not getting back to you. i'll hit you up tomorrow about the carpet.
Old 06-07-13, 04:25 AM
PeteSoarer
Driver

Yes, the intergration relay is located in drivers foot"room" behind the fuse/relay box. Brown box(Soarer).

Behind this. This is a pic of RHD Soarer. Quite annoying place to disassemble. That's why i didn't have enough will to change it.

http://www.soarerworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23641

Originally Posted by OBEEWON

No need for that. I hope this info helps you with your problem.

Last edited by PeteSoarer; 06-07-13 at 04:40 AM.
Old 06-07-13, 05:11 AM
PeteSoarer
Driver

Originally Posted by Quocsc400
How do you bypass?
Disassemble your steering wheel plastic covers and around the keyhole. You have to find a wire harness which goes to light switch and cut right wire and connect other end of the cutted wire to other wire. I don't know wire colors for SC and i don't remember which wires i cut. You need a multimeter to find correct wires.

If i remember it right, you have to cut a headlight wire that comes from integration relay and goes to light switch. Then you connect the light switch end cut end to a wire that is the ground side for hibeam FLASH. I figured out the right wires with a multimeter and jump cable which I stick into different wires and at the same time i turned the light switch on and off. You have to be absolutely sure which wire you cut before you cut any.

Last edited by PeteSoarer; 06-07-13 at 05:18 AM.
Old 06-07-13, 07:54 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

All you guys are awesome. I cannot thank you enough!!

Luckily I have that portion out already so it should be an easy change. If it doesnt work I will work on splicing it. Thanks a million.
Old 06-10-13, 08:59 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Just wanted to update you guys. I swapped out the integration relay and everything works. Thanks again guys.
I will keep this info if I ever need to bypass it.

Quick Reply: SC300 Headlights will not turn on.