SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Oil Pressure Gauge (Install)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-12, 05:24 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
That is another option on the install. I think I chose the hardest one to do. Mine install had no leaks and has performed great so far.
I actually tried using an extension hose first, with the temp/pressure senders mounted on the firewall, but the temperature wasn't accurate due to the distance. That's when I yanked the hose and went with the T-fitting. My setup is basically:

Supra/IS300 union bolt --> 1/8-NPT male/male
T-fitting (center) --> to 1/8-NPT male/male
T-fitting (side 1) --> oil temperature sender
T-fitting (side 2) --> oil pressure sender

No leaks either, senders are as close to the engine as possible without actually being in the block
Old 11-09-12, 08:58 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Did you guys ever think about using one of these ? This looks like the easiest thing and lets you keep the factory sending unit.

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/oilfi...5thread-1.aspx

Shane
Old 11-09-12, 09:08 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used the union bolt and got the T fitting thing for the turbo Feed and put the sending unit at the end of it. That way you can still have the OEM sender unit. Plus its a good indicator for the turbo oil pressure, which will tell you that your turbo is getting good oil pressure to the turbo. so its a win win.

Look under the lower intake manifold and you will see the oil sending unit. This one is kinda big becuase I used the glowshift oil pressure gauge. The AEM sending unit is much much smaller you may know already.
Attached Thumbnails Oil Pressure Gauge (Install)-img_1418.jpg   Oil Pressure Gauge (Install)-img_1495.jpg  
Old 11-09-12, 09:42 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SSmith
Did you guys ever think about using one of these ? This looks like the easiest thing and lets you keep the factory sending unit.
Tried that first, it was a pain to get the oil pressure sender on that adaptor once the adaptor was in place, and you can't install the sender beforehand because there was no way to twist the adaptor onto the block without the sender hitting something, which is why I ditched the sandwich plate and went with the union bolt instead.

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
I used the union bolt and got the T fitting thing for the turbo Feed and put the sending unit at the end of it. That way you can still have the OEM sender unit. Plus its a good indicator for the turbo oil pressure, which will tell you that your turbo is getting good oil pressure to the turbo. so its a win win.

Look under the lower intake manifold and you will see the oil sending unit. This one is kinda big becuase I used the glowshift oil pressure gauge. The AEM sending unit is much much smaller you may know already.
Yeah that's almost exactly what I was suggesting, minus the giant T fitting you used