Stock Sub replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-12, 07:51 PM
Devor
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stock Sub replacement?

Hi guys,

In my last SC i had I put a 12' JL in the trunk and mounted the memphis amp I had under the rear dash where the stock sub was(saved space for the after market amp). This Time around I was thinking about just going with a 10' and swaping out the old sub for a new one. I Know there is not alot off room for a deep 10' sub so I assume I will need to go with a shallow mount for it to fit in the clearence space. Any info on a replacement I can use that will fit in where the stock sub is now? I dont think I will need such a big amp as I had before (memphisPR2.100) I was thinking about placeing a new amp where the stock system amp is but I know the one lexus gives is vary small. I know someone on here has done this before.. If all else fails I can always go back and do what I did in my old SC but I would like to have the sub mounted on the rear dash this time insted of having a sub in the trunk like last time. Thanks guys!

Last edited by Devor; 02-09-12 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-10-12, 12:56 AM
lilnado
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Devor
Hi guys,

In my last SC i had I put a 12' JL in the trunk and mounted the memphis amp I had under the rear dash where the stock sub was(saved space for the after market amp). This Time around I was thinking about just going with a 10' and swaping out the old sub for a new one. I Know there is not alot off room for a deep 10' sub so I assume I will need to go with a shallow mount for it to fit in the clearence space. Any info on a replacement I can use that will fit in where the stock sub is now? I dont think I will need such a big amp as I had before (memphisPR2.100) I was thinking about placeing a new amp where the stock system amp is but I know the one lexus gives is vary small. I know someone on here has done this before.. If all else fails I can always go back and do what I did in my old SC but I would like to have the sub mounted on the rear dash this time insted of having a sub in the trunk like last time. Thanks guys!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...-93-sc300.html
There ya go bud i dont know if that was exactly what you were looking for man hope i helped