Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that looks great, only about a week? That's pretty quick
Old 01-12-12, 06:36 PM
2JTsc300
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JZBrian
I got that part and I saw there website but I want sure if the pricing on there was for the parts to diy or was for the service with parts
that is service with parts u just have to pay shipping there and back too. they will charge u shippin back when u pay for everything
Old 01-12-12, 08:07 PM
JOHIII
Driver School Candidate

I sent mine in today. Looking forward to have working needles and no dead spots in the background.
Old 01-12-12, 11:17 PM
JZBrian
Driver School Candidate

wow thats great news.i might send mine out soon
Old 01-13-12, 12:03 AM
Phamtom
Rookie

Does anyone know if they do Soarer digital clusters? What's the pricing like? If someone can chime in with pricing, you can PM me! Thanks
Old 01-13-12, 05:14 AM
DKJZZ30
Lead Lap

I asked about the soarer cluster. No dice
Old 01-28-12, 11:13 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got mine back the other day. Honestly, I am not too impressed with the needles at all. The backlighting looks good. Nice and bright, but the needles are very dim anywhere besides the center/fulcrum point. I asked Lextech about adding LEDs to the rest of the needle so it's more evenly lit, but they said they could not do that because it will melt just like the stockers.

It's better than the totally burnt needles I had, but not what I was expecting.

Here are a couple shots at full brightness during the day. Please excuse the dust. Also be aware that the needles actually look brighter in these pics than they do to the naked eye.

After dusk, and at night, they look much better, but I do the majority of my driving during the day so it's kinda a bummer.

For anyone considering these just be aware of what you are getting, and dont expect the needle to be nearly as bright as a functioning stock needle.
Old 01-28-12, 02:38 PM
JOHIII
Driver School Candidate

Smile

They received mine on the 13th. I'm hoping it gets back early next week. I had my needles done too so I'll post up the results.
Old 01-28-12, 04:55 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by stockhatch
After dusk, and at night, they look much better, but I do the majority of my driving during the day so it's kinda a bummer.

For anyone considering these just be aware of what you are getting, and dont expect the needle to be nearly as bright as a functioning stock needle.
Misleading. The white is the same color as the outside light, of course it looks dim. All the other colors are much brighter in SUNLIGHT. Hence why it looks better without sunlight........ How many white lighted signs stand out in sunlight? Zero. You cannot tell a white sign is even on in sunlight, but you can see a blue one a mile away. Just rebuild them in blue.

I've personally always been against the white needles for this exact reason. You can't fight the color spectrum.
Old 01-28-12, 06:30 PM
TCUFROGZ
Driver School Candidate

I just e mailed Lextech a few days ago about getting my cluster and CC redone.. they answered e mails within minutes on 2 diff occasions. Awesomeness! Thanks for the heads up about the white needle vs sunlight..good info.
Old 01-28-12, 08:11 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Misleading. The white is the same color as the outside light, of course it looks dim. All the other colors are much brighter in SUNLIGHT. Hence why it looks better without sunlight........ How many white lighted signs stand out in sunlight? Zero. You cannot tell a white sign is even on in sunlight, but you can see a blue one a mile away. Just rebuild them in blue.

I've personally always been against the white needles for this exact reason. You can't fight the color spectrum.
I don't think it's misleading at all. Look at the pics, they tell the story. SOME of the needle looks great, ie the part where there is an actual LED. Most if it is dim. ALL of the backlighting looks nice and bright. Its a distribution issue, not a brightness issue. Maybe I should have said don't expect THE ENTIRE needle to be as bright as a stock needle.
Old 01-28-12, 10:05 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by stockhatch
I don't think it's misleading at all. Look at the pics, they tell the story. SOME of the needle looks great, ie the part where there is an actual LED. Most if it is dim. ALL of the backlighting looks nice and bright. Its a distribution issue, not a brightness issue. Maybe I should have said don't expect THE ENTIRE needle to be as bright as a stock needle.
It is misleading because you lumped the entire color spectrum into a single experience with white and I have said many times white just has no punch to it. The issue is what I said it was.
Old 02-26-12, 11:55 AM
JOHIII
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

It took a little over three weeks to get mine back. Here is a day time shot. The needles don't show up as well in the sunlight as they do in the picture but they are better than no lights at all. At nighttime they are excellent. The time and miles are a little more green than blue at night but I'll take it over the factory color. Overall i am very pleased. The background is very crisp and sharp without being blinding.

Night time

Full brightness

Last edited by JOHIII; 02-26-12 at 07:57 PM.