First SC300 in Starfire Pearl ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-11, 10:40 PM
BeeMiX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First SC300 in Starfire Pearl ? 1JZ + GT35R

Hello everyone,

Am I the first one that actually did it ?

Last year was really unfortunate for me. I have my 97 SC300 in Poland and Im there every summer and Christmas. In last few days of being there in summer 2010 i was rear ended by other car. When i went over there again in December somebody hit me again from a side. I haven't fix a car between those accidents, so i decided to buy donor car for body parts and engine. Yes, i imported Soarer TT from UK. After i was done with swap i left a car at body shop to get it fixed and to paint entire car. I decided to go 077 Starfire Pearl. I've seen topics that somebody wanted to do it, but i've never seen finished car. Mine is almost done so i can show you few pictures. Here we go.

Sorry for poor quality, im still in NY looking to go there next week, so its my father or owner of bodyshop that is taking a pictures. But nice photo session will be as soon as i get there!

Last edited by BeeMiX; 11-11-12 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-14-11, 11:33 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

That's going to be awesome when it's finished. I thought there was another guy who did Starfire Pearl on his a few years ago, but I'm not too sure.
Old 12-15-11, 09:19 AM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

youre the only one, only 1 polak that is :P

car is looking good
Old 12-15-11, 10:52 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Why is the front clip a different color from the door in the last photo if both have fresh paint? I noticed by the order of the photo's the door was sprayed at a different time, and it shows in the photo. What's the skinny on that?
Old 12-15-11, 11:01 AM
lmfod
Driver

I have been wanting to see this! Glad someone did it I was piddling the idea around. Let's see some good pics in the sun!
Old 12-15-11, 11:27 AM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

What Lexus models come in Starfire from the factory?
Old 12-15-11, 12:19 PM
itzomarbis
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by luxor
what lexus models come in starfire from the factory?
is 250 / 350
Old 12-15-11, 12:24 PM
itzomarbis
Driver School Candidate

I painted my sc in glacier frost mica.. it was either that or starfire.
Old 12-15-11, 12:35 PM
fatkhoa
Pit Crew

I always liked that color, cant wait to see the finished product
Old 12-15-11, 01:35 PM
BeeMiX
Rookie

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Why is the front clip a different color from the door in the last photo if both have fresh paint? I noticed by the order of the photo's the door was sprayed at a different time, and it shows in the photo. What's the skinny on that?
Good eye i noticed that too. Door was replaced for new one, because mine was no good after accident and i don't really like too much bondo. Door was painted on the side because he had to paint it inside as well, and thats were problem begins. In three coat pearl it is extremely hard to match a paint, even when he was shooting door at the same time with same blend of paint it came out little bit different, probably because different angle or distance from spraygun. Painter is a really experienced guy and he does great job, but i guess he was shooting 3 coat white pearl for the first time. Im not surprised because white pearl is more like american style, in europe most of white cars is ether commercial trucks or sales reps. Bumpers were shoot at next day and they came out different too. He already fixed bumpers, im gonna have to ask him to paint a door once again blending it with a rest of the car. I wanted to paint entire car to avoid bad color match, but i guess i haven't succeed. He will paint it again, even if its gonna require me to squeeze his ***** to paint it in Christmas Eve. I know, im ruthless But i work for exotic car shop in NY and we are a certified Porsche bodyshop, so i know how good paintjob should be done. Paint like that would be bothering me too much to leave it like that.

Originally Posted by Avarec
youre the only one, only 1 polak that is :P

car is looking good
So Am I officially the first one?

Last edited by BeeMiX; 12-15-11 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-15-11, 01:56 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about the accidents the car has been through, but on the bright side starfire pearl is a beautiful color to spray an SC in. Definitely get your paint guy to fix anything you don't like about the color now because pearl white is the trickiest color to match at any other time after the initial re-spray to the entire car. Unfortunately your not the first....this was the first one:

But on the bright side you will be the first SC in Europe to be in Starfire most likely and the first stock bodied 97+ SC to be in Starfire most likely.....so that's not too bad I would say.

I plan on re-spraying my SC in Starfire in a few more years....but it won't be stock bodied either.
Old 12-15-11, 02:05 PM
BeeMiX
Rookie

It looks like Lamborghini Ballon White for me

Yeah my car is very unique over there, mostly because SC never been sold through Lexus dealers in Europe, so everything is grey market import. Ive never seen other SC driving my car. I would say that there is not more than 10-15 97+ SCs over there. I heard about one 97+ DWP in Warsaw but car is on Russian plates.

Last edited by BeeMiX; 12-15-11 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-15-11, 05:57 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Its a beautiful color! My 08 IS-F is Starfire pearl and I love it.
Old 12-15-11, 06:13 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This should turn out good. Nice looking Soarer fellow Polak!

My dad was gonna import an SC for my uncle in Wroclaw but it was too much work/hassle to import one from Canada. He bought a 3 series instead..
Old 12-15-11, 06:39 PM
1of120
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Car is looking great. I was probably one of them that talked about doing it when my car was hit but didn't go through with it.

Quick Reply: First SC300 in Starfire Pearl ?