SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-17, 06:55 PM
Fathead510
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FervorMoto
Hey I'm Damian from Miami, I just joined today, and as far as Lexus goes I own a '93 SC400(Stella) & '98 GS300(Estelle) I just bought not too long ago. Both are projects/daily's and pretty much stock for now, aside from the SC having a Walbro 255 I just put on. I've been lurking in and out for a while now and decided I might as well join!
welcome! Any pictures?
Old 08-25-17, 03:52 PM
drnfckdrn
Driver School Candidate

Default New to club and looking to restore

Hey all, forgive me if this isn't the proper place to do this but I figured the place to start was the intro thread. Been lurking for a week now and it seems like a cool community.

The impetus for joining was the potential restoration of my SC300. Man do I love that car. I've finished grad school and have the money for a new car but I just can't shake the feeling that, even though there are issues with my SC, I can't stomach giving it up.

Green '92 5 speed - I am the second owner. Bought it years ago in under grad for $5k with 60k miles on it. Friendly old doctor gave me a great deal. I've since gotten it up to 150k, kept up with maintenance. When I purchased it the exterior had paint fading on the bumpers and the sun had also had it's way with the leather. Current issues, aside from new paint and new leather are that damn AC screen, the AC itself and an oil leak.

Somebody convince me to commit to the restoration!

Happy driving!
Old 08-25-17, 04:29 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Welcome... Be patient and be prepared to spend some coin (especially on interior items - more expensive than you'd think...)...

I am 4 years plus into the transformation of our original owner/family of a '92 SC300.... This site and all of the threads are very educational but at the same time influential in ideas I would have never thought to go..... Really enjoy the results, though.....
Old 08-25-17, 06:21 PM
Fathead510
Driver School Candidate

Well the car has been good to you it seems.. toyota2made a damn good car and engine.. Im sure she kept you happy..
p.s.
. Keep it.
Old 08-26-17, 02:09 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by drnfckdrn
Hey all, forgive me if this isn't the proper place to do this but I figured the place to start was the intro thread. Been lurking for a week now and it seems like a cool community.

The impetus for joining was the potential restoration of my SC300. Man do I love that car. I've finished grad school and have the money for a new car but I just can't shake the feeling that, even though there are issues with my SC, I can't stomach giving it up.

Green '92 5 speed - I am the second owner. Bought it years ago in under grad for $5k with 60k miles on it. Friendly old doctor gave me a great deal. I've since gotten it up to 150k, kept up with maintenance. When I purchased it the exterior had paint fading on the bumpers and the sun had also had it's way with the leather. Current issues, aside from new paint and new leather are that damn AC screen, the AC itself and an oil leak.

Somebody convince me to commit to the restoration!

Happy driving!
If you want some motivation for a restoration, then this thread is the place to look: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...999-sc300.html

Once your car is restored it'll be a solid car that is better than most new affordable cars. A factory manual car is becoming increasingly hard to find. A legit restoration (like the one I linked) is not cheap at all, but in the end it's worth it if you have an attachment to your car. The best part of restoring a car is that you can tailor the car to your preferences and make it uniquely yours.
Old 08-27-17, 02:28 PM
BlackJZ331
Driver School Candidate

Default Proud new owner of this 96 SC300 5 speed

Old 08-27-17, 07:45 PM
Rule5366
Driver School Candidate

Default New here not sure how it works

I have a 90 ls400, and it keeps blowing #7 fuse that controls windows, sunroof, dash lights and instrument panel. Especially after it rains. When its dry for a while I can put in a new 10amp fuse and as soon as I shift out of park into neutral it pops... Don't know how to track down a short (obviously)somewhere inside the cab.. Please help
Old 08-29-17, 09:29 AM
dadswrld
Driver School Candidate

Default New to the Lexus Family

Hi everyone,

My name is JR and I'm from Toronto Canada. Just got myself a 1992 SC400 Forest Green. It's not in bad shape given the year and mileage, which is 230,660KM (143,325 miles). I initially got this as a beater with no intention of doing much to the car, however, after going through the site and reading up more about the car, i'm kind of having a change of heart and want to do something to enhance and enjoy this car more.

The car has rusty lines which I guess is expected where we live and the year. It was actually stored in a barn for 6 years before it was sold to a friend of mine. He then only had it for 2 years, which the last 4 were spent sitting in his driveway. I picked it up for a $1000 CDN. The engine and transmission is so impressive. Very smooth! I have already attempted to source parts like window regulators, brakes, wheels (depending if I do the LS400 upgrade), radio replacement (as the stock won't even turn on, it could be the amp, not sure) and a list of other things.

As I learn more about this car from others through this site, I hope I can contribute back to the community.

Here are some picks of it after I brought it home. I hadn't cleaned it up or anything. I have since pulled the door card to remove the regulator and took out the radio.

Enjoy and have a fantastic day!

JR.
Old 08-29-17, 09:47 AM
dadswrld
Driver School Candidate

Default 1992 SC400 Pics

I thought I added pics before but they were too large. Here it is...I hope.

JR.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_4741-front.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_4745-passenger.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_4744-rear.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_4762-driver.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_4757-interior.jpg  

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_4760-engine.jpg  
Old 09-03-17, 12:30 PM
FervorMoto
Driver School Candidate

Sorry for the long response! GS300(Estelle) & SC400(Stella)
Old 09-07-17, 11:13 AM
JaxSilver
Driver School Candidate

Default Joined ClubLexus Today

I recently bought a 2000 SC400, onyx black exterior/black leather interior with only 61,000 original miles. My daily driver since 2012 has been a 1997 SC400, onyx black exterior/tan leather interior. I was always curious about the SC400, but it wasn't until I bought my 97 SC that I began researching into the history of these cars, which ClubLexus has been a big part of. Upon realizing that I missed the VVT-i 4.0/5sp AT by one model year and that they only made that car for three model years, I instantly decided that I needed to find one for myself. According to Wikipedia, they produced only 324 SC400s for the 2000 model year which I'm assuming were sold in the US, Canada and Japan, but I haven't found any other info on this point beyond Wikipedia. I didn't even realize they made this car in a black/black interior/exterior combination, so when I called the out-of-state dealership who had posted the add and learned that it was still available, I bought it right away and had it transported in from across the country. Now I'm hoping to learn a bit more about my new car so I've joined ClubLexus. I mentioned that I own a 1997 SC400 as well already, but I also own a 2000 ES300 and I owned a 1994 ES300 from 2009 to 2012. I'm here to take in as much info as possible about my new 2000 SC400 so please feel free to share anything you'd like!
Old 09-07-17, 11:10 PM
SuperSick
Driver School Candidate

Hello- I own an 1997 SC300 that I started to tear down to install a Turbo.. The project is not going to happen as my mom asked me to come home and help care for my dad with Alzheimers. Long story short I will not be working until this is over.
I have been looking for a complete service manual for my 1997 SC300.. any ideas that are not so expensive ? I took a lot of pictures during tear down and boy did I tear it down. But would feel more comfortable with a manual.

If anyone has an idea I would sure appreciate the help.
Jason
Old 09-22-17, 05:14 PM
Arlton
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So far so good!

Recently purchased a 1996 SC 400 with 105xxx miles. It had a bad rear wheel bearing when I got it so that was the first thing replaced. The speakers were shot so that was next (gotta have some tunes!). The sub was disconnected and looked brand new so I kept it and it still sounds good. Just finished the timing belt, water pump, idler, tensioner etc. that was a real PITA! Plugs, wires, caps & rotors, and coils. Was scared to death up until I turned the key and she came to life perfectly! Thank God for that! So now I'll just enjoy the ride until the first snow falls the plan on bringing back to the garage and hopefully take care of the seeping struts and maybe some tires. New wheels would be nice too but would be really apparent to the wife! Well it just may be something I'll live with her griping about. Really enjoy the car and can't believe a 96 still turns heads! Buying a factory manual was a life saver. Three volume set wasn't cheap though. Doing my own work has made this car very affordable.
The following users liked this post:
Gatemouth (03-17-18)
Old 09-25-17, 09:55 PM
Ijmsc30098
Driver School Candidate

Default Finally got my SC300

Just recently drove to Chicago and picked up my 1998 imperial jade mica SC300. She is an automatic (obviously/unfortunately) and has about 88,000 miles. I've wanted one of these cars for a long time and finally found one I approved of. The only problem I've dealt with thus far was a leaky fuel filter. It's a beautiful car and I hope to be here a long time. I've been using the forums for the past couple months and have decided I may as well join up as I have a couple questions I can't locate. I'll post a couple pictures.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0422.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0412.jpg  
Old 10-03-17, 12:46 AM
stkrmkr
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey there, I recently bought not one, but two SC400s. The 1994 in Royal jade. Solid body overall. Messed up front bumper. Tan interior in pretty bad shape. Engine runs like a dream, bad transmission. So I bought a parts car on an online auction in MI. The 1993 in Black. Roof hit of some sort, Back window blown out. Really good grey interior, which ill be swapping over soon, with just a couple of dings and busted seams. And the transmission was working.

So the transmission has been swapped. Car ran, the radiator ended up having a bad leak. New aluminum Yonaka rad with electric fans. Got the LS400 fan pulley bracket today, $53 on ebay, looking for the pulley itself tomorrow, so that install can be finished up. 1994 Royal Jade
1993 Black
Looks like someone had just swapped out the headlights and fogs on the parts car, because they are in pristine condition. The mille miglia wheels are now on the 94 and will hold me for now. The bumper and lights will be switched over. Then Ill plastidip it until I get the body kit. Ill strip the rest of the parts and put them in storage.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!