SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-17, 06:04 PM
Jbrody10
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. Appreciate the kind words. I couldn't believe how well the original owner kept the car.
Old 10-25-17, 09:56 AM
dadswrld
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing better than being able to pick up a car of that age and get to make a long trip back home with it. You couldn't ask for a better or faster way to learn more about your car.

Good find! Enjoy.
Old 10-26-17, 10:40 AM
Farhan
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not a new member by any means but new to contributing here.
I flew to Austin, TX from Chicago last fall with a buddy to pick up a neglected factory hardtop RSP SC 2JZ-GTE/R154. I'm now finishing "Stage 1" of my restoration/build project, having just completed paint/bodywork and a complete interior swap.
We've had rain/clouds in Chicago ever since completion so I haven't gotten around to taking the types of pictures I'd feel comfortable sharing but I will soon and will promptly then update this thread.
Old 11-09-17, 03:05 PM
tqf5159
Driver School Candidate

Default New Member..

Hey Guys! My name is Travis, while i am a new face on the forum, i am absolutely no stranger to the massive amounts of SC content available on this site and have been visiting it for years...
I have owned my sc300 for 3 years now and boy oh boy, what a relationship it has been <3. While scouring the depths of craigslist day after day, hoping to find a worthy car for a newly aspiring car enthusiast like myself, i located a $2000 OBO "perfectly running" automatic 1995 Lexus Sc300 with 170,000 miles. I instantly drove the hour to go check out the car, got to his place. Car was sitting on grass with flat tires, a poorly done paint job, and best of all.... it didn't run. To make a long story short, i ended up towing the sc back after a happily agreed $450 was handed to the man, and wow did i leave with a smirk of my face . Instantly got her back to my family owned shop, and after 2 minutes and 5 cents of electrical, the gnawed through plug wire was wrapped and was no longer grounding on the intake. The 2jz-ge fired right up, and my sc300 was born!
Throughout the years she has remained relatively unchanged (due to financial constraints of being a waiter) , but through the grace of PA tax payers and our wonderful department of transportation, the sc300 can finally get the treatment she deserves!
Being new to this forum, i cant seem to figure out how to put pictures through this text so im just going to explain the line of pictures and the slight evolution/ plans i have.
Pic 1: First day buying the car, geez those wheels were ugly..

Pic 2: Picked up some cheapish Tein ($600?) street basis coils and some 5 spoke black wheels ($150) with some nice tread on the tires. Wasnt the biggest fan of these 5 spokes but they were 10,000 times better than what ever the hell was on there.
Pic 3: Blew my auto tranny because one of the cooling lines popped off and i didnt notice until the gears were practically destroyed, drove the broken as hell tranny for months before i finally source a cheap auto out of an sc for $200. (This picture was directly after)
Pic 4: Random PennDot salt dome shot...
Pic 5: This is towards more present time, particularly the beginning of summer 2017. Car is completely sanded ready for paint (besides body kit), and ready to begin my optimistic 3 month amateur plan/"Build".
Pic 6: Most current picture i have, purchased white Cosmis Xt-006r's for the car, Theyre 18x11 +8 in the rear and i believe 18x9.5 up front

Just looking to get my face out there on the forum so people will considering replying to me when i have a question or two!
P.S: Sorry about the pictures.. hopefully they come out when clicked!

Thanks!
Travis
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img-0023.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img-0221.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img-0798-1-.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img-0230.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img-0876.jpg  

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img-1142.jpg  
Old 11-09-17, 07:20 PM
broken9er
Driver School Candidate

welcome to the club !
Old 11-13-17, 08:54 PM
Qwikslvr78
Driver School Candidate

Hey yall. My name is ryan. I live in south florida. Sc have been in my family for a very long time. I just bought a 99 sc400. Silver with black int. 99xxx miles. I am in love with ir. I will also have my brother join. He has a white with tan 97 with 59xxx miles. Once i learn to post pics i will post them. Thanks for having me.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-20171030_201851.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-20171111_162424.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-20171105_202940.jpg  
Old 11-14-17, 10:47 AM
mattro2
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys. I was a member back in like 2013 but i cant for the life of me remember my damn log in info, no acess to that email either so. Starting over. Anyways.

Ive got a 93 sc300. Black. Factory 5mt, tan interior. Saving my pennies to go 1j.
Old 11-14-17, 01:27 PM
Kenjul
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kenjul;[url=tel:10007129
10007129]Got my 92 SC300 two days ago. First night I went drifting around the suburbs. The next day I had to get it towed home HAHAHAH fun

HAHA finally did some maintenance on the car and now the beauty is running cleanly 87k miles on a 1992 SC300!! I'm in loveee, just wish it was a manual haha

Last edited by Kenjul; 11-14-17 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-15-17, 04:32 AM
robertcope
Driver School Candidate

Hello. I bought my first Lexus yesterday, a 1999 SC400. It's not normally a car I'd consider -- in my garage right now are a 2001 Honda S2000 and a 1992 Acura NSX -- but this one has been modified nicely into a car that could be fun on the track. Which is good, because I'm a fairly active "track guy". My hope for this car is that it is fun to drive semi-daily and fun to play with on track.

Rough list of updates to the car:

Engine:
-4.0 Liter 1UZ-FE VVT-I V8
-Ported heads
-Precision valve job
-PPE Headers
-Modified intake manifold.
-Magnaflow spun cats
-Custom dual exhaust w/cross pipe

Transmission:
-R154 5-speed manual transmission from MKIII Toyota Supra
-Marlin Crawler billet 1-2 shift fork, Driftmotion billet 3-4 shift fork
-New ACT heavy duty clutch and pressure plate
-McLeod Racing clutch release ram and bearing
-Modified, lightened 3VZE flywheel
-OEM clutch master cylinder
-OEM SC300 clutch, break pedal assemblies

Differential
-SC300 4.27:1 final drive gears.
-Torsen T2R limited slip differential
-High-durometer polyurethane differential and rear subframe mounts
-Driftmotion driveshaft with Cr-Mo U-joints

Brakes:
-OEM MKIV Supra Twin-Turbo calipers
-4 piston calipers in front
-2 piston calipers in rear
-Supra TT rotors
-OEM brake master cylinder

Suspension:
-Bilstein HD coilovers, with custom spring rates and shock valving
-Titan Motorsports Supra front and rear sway bars
-OEM Supra TT front, lower control arms
-OEM SC400 rear lower control arms
-Polyurethane bushings in front upper control arms, rear lower control arms, and rear lower shock mounts
-New wheel bearings, front/rear
-MKIV Supra TT OEM wheels

Get ready to answer some questions...
Old 11-20-17, 06:34 PM
Tsmith93
Driver School Candidate

New to Club Lexus, I have a 1997 SC300 currently auto Na. Only thing done to it is coilovers and wheels with rolled fenders. Picked the car up in March of this year. Have purchased a W58 and waiting to get more $$$ to finish that then I will be saving up to go NA/T
Old 11-23-17, 09:33 AM
GUARD1AN
Driver School Candidate

Whats going on guys and gals, noob here to the lexus world, but not the car scene, I picked up a 1993 SC400 running driving needs a rack, dropped on megan coilovers, and a wrecked running and driving '95 SC300, that's gonna be used for a parts car. Both cars are autos, but I just picked up a W58 and drive shaft from my friends cressida 1jz project he sold. Also fun fact the front suspension of the SC will fit my older 1979 Plymouth Volare, which is my main reason to buy both cars, with clean titles for a steal at $800 for the pair lol. I have a bunch of questions and will be posting them up soon.

Last edited by GUARD1AN; 11-23-17 at 09:35 AM. Reason: add stuffs
Old 11-23-17, 11:43 AM
jeer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Welcome to Club Lexus! Whether you are a long time lurker who just got your new-to-you SC or a recent joiner, please post here and introduce yourself to the rest of the SC community.

Tell us a little about yourself and your SC. If you have them, I strongly enourage posting pictures of your ride (you will certainly be asked by the members) in your introduction.

As the moderator team comes across other new member introduction posts, we'll merge them here.

NOTE - PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR NEW SC IN THIS POST, they will get lost in the shuffle. I'll quote one of our forum moderators with some good guidelines about getting started on CL for those questions:

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0513.jpeg

A final note, please be sure to start off with the FAQ / DIY Links thread at the top of this forum.
Hello I've owned a Sc300 since February of 2017 I'm new to the forums as well , my sc300 is all black 1999 has some fender damage and I wanted to post a problem I have with it does this website allow me to upload videos ?
Old 12-01-17, 12:25 PM
SoCool400
Driver School Candidate

Default I named her Lexy

Hello all, this is my first post, and just bought my first Lexus, actually I traded an 03 PT cruiser gt ( srt4 turbo motor) for it. She's a 97 sc400 204k miles motor all stock besides a k&n filter. Has tokico 5 way adjustable struts and ebach springs, drilled and slotted rotors front and back with braided steel lines and dual piston front calipers ( of a gs or an ls I believe) . 18" staggered chrome 5 star enkei wheels with Continental contitack 265/35 out back and 245/40's up front. WHAT A CAR. I have absolutely fell in love with this thing, and let me tell you that "IT'S ON!!! This one is going to be fun as hell to customize. I was looking for another mustang to build when I came across this car on Facebook and I instantly fell for the lines and the roadster look of the long hood. I actually thought it was a 2 seater at first. It runs and drives amazing. The leather front seats are awful along with the door panels, but that seems to be a common thing among the sc class. The clear coat is also flaking but I will attend to that soon. I was surprised to not find any rust on this thing so what a great base for an awesome project for my 15 year old son and I. He has already decided that this is his first car...lol... the only thing that I'm not looking forward to is the cost of performance upgrades. 1,400 bucks for kelford cams? And 450 bucks for shorty headers? AHHH...my wife is going to kill me. I'm all about budget builds and this one is going to push the limits on the budget part lol. But I know it will be well worth it. This is one that I might have to hang onto. Anyway, I look forward to the learning that is to come from this forum. I might have to change my username, it's pretty corney but I couldn't think of anything clever that wasn't already taken lol.

Last edited by SoCool400; 12-01-17 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Pics
Old 12-05-17, 09:39 PM
goes2fast
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I'm Jim, and I have a 94 SC300 with a 2JZ-GTE that has been sitting waiting for me to have some time to get the bugs out of it. I joined a forum when I first bought it, but don't remember which one, so I joined this one, and starting over. I will be needing lots of help figuring things out when I get started on getting it back on the road.
Old 12-06-17, 10:50 AM
Mikeezi
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Hey guys I bought my first car, a white 1996 Lexus sc 400.. ayyye~ It was in good condition for 2500$ in norcal in Sep 2017 (few months ago). Unfortunately after 2 months of abuse (5k+ miles no maintenance or checkup and driving 90-140mph on the freeway the head gasket gave way ... now im in the process of reviving this thang. Been always a lexus fanatic looked at lfa, rcf, gsf for years before settling on sc400 cus im poor 25 year old with no job atm. Glad to be here guys~

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!