SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

GRRR! Why would you do such a thing......!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-11, 11:09 AM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on now, go easy on him, with what he was seeing Im sure his adrenaline was going and he wasn't for sure all there. At least he called the cops. Now, if I was in this situation, I would have made a huge scene, set my car alarm off to **** off my neighbors, draw as much attention as possible lol.

Oh but if it was my car, those 3 kids would be dead....
Old 09-17-11, 11:13 AM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

farting out the window would've have scared them away.
Old 09-17-11, 11:19 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An attempted theft on an SC? Hogwash!

Since you didn't try to do anything that might've scared those guys off, You can bet they'll come back better prepared and with more homies too!
Old 09-17-11, 11:22 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

it dont matter if it were 3 asian, white, black, or mexican kids. What if you they were stealing your car? You should have woken up the whole neighborhood.
Old 09-17-11, 11:28 AM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

scviolence would have taken place.....fugg dat....
Old 09-17-11, 11:42 AM
Bigzavs
Driver

damn man, pm me the plates and all, im in arlington as well and ill keep an eye out for them
Old 09-17-11, 11:53 AM
Sc4Love
Driver

Jeez...some of you guys are harsh. I mean yeah i understand i should of done something but like i said nothing like this has happend to me before and adrenaline was pumping through i dont know how fast lol. The cops never came, instead they got a detective to call me back so i could report the plates and whatnot. In the end nothing was taken and im pretty sure they're not going to come back. I chased them through the neighborhood in my gf's car soo i really doubt they'll try again. Well thanks to some of the other CL members for understanding. I live with my mom and grandma so i dont really have my dad here to help. I wasnt thinking about weapons or whatnot, if i had one then yeah thatd be a different story, i wouldnt shoot them but i would of walked out and confronted them.
Old 09-17-11, 12:02 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by MIGS
I love how u made it a point to specify this...

"I see three black kids walk up into my driveway"
Is he supposed to pretened they werent black just to be politically correct???

You giving him attitude like hes done something wrong ???

Give me a break.

Originally Posted by turbodremz
That does suck and I can see the dilemma being out numbered...BUT, still no excuse. You cannot tell me you dont have some sort of baseball-bat/hockey-stick/large piece of wood..hell even a pellet gun.

But keep in mind buddy here in the great state of TX, being 19 you can legally own a shotgun. Take $204 (covers taxes and gets you a Dr. Pepper), go to Academy and look at the Mossberg Maverick 88. IDENTICAL to the Mossy 500 except its 1/2 the price, still a 12ga, and all you would have to had done is rack one round in the chamber and I guarantee they would have hit the dirt. And I can vouch for the Mav 88, I have 2. 1 breacher style, dual pistol grip, and 1 tac style, adjustable stock, shell saddle, pump strap, pressure activated light, etc, etc. Neither have ever failed me, and both have Moss 500 parts on them.

Im not saying pull the trigger unless you absolutely need to (its not something you want to live with if its not needed), but even if you had to your covered under TX State law. I am a firm Pro-firearm, US Veteran, NRA member and had it been me...well I would have simply given them a choice in any caliber from .40S&W to a .58cal.
maybe he is concerned about his parents sitting inside the house, maybe hes got kids , a wife etc........getting into a shootout in front of the house might not be the best thing to do over a set of rims.

Im not going to say what 'I' would of done cause that doesnt help anyone and bragging about what weapons i may or may not own doesnt help either.

Hes 19 , he was probably a bit scared, he called the cops, technically he handled it right but it wouldnt of hurt to turn on the lights or make some noise at the front door they would of ran off certainly.

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
Not to bash you OP but if they were three white kids, would you have went outside and tried to talk it out? Other than that, most likely they're gonna come back for a round 2. If this happens, grow a pair and go outside with a butcher knife or something.
You guys that are bashing this person are out of line, who gives a **** if he mentioned the fact that they were black or how he would of handled it differently if they were white.

Its funny watching all these tough guy answers here from behind your computers when we all know most here are not that way in real life.
Old 09-17-11, 12:09 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

SRTGS300,

He's a youngster growing up in the world, and while I agree that it's the right thing to defend one's property- would you let your son go outside in a similar situation?

I mean y'all, we're talking about a car here. I'm just not ready to stop living because some "waste of sperm" (GS, i'm going to use that from now on!) decides he wants to start a measuring contest.

And I don't think the OP was trying to go racial, either. It was dark and he was scared- it's a primeval fear that is instinctual. I wouldn't wish bodily harm or death on an innocent.

Now, to the guy who made the original post- as inconvenient as it is, you may want to try parking your SC in a safer place for the time being. If you can swing it, it really may be the best alternative- not worth taking a risk.

Don't reach for the butcher knife, the shotgun or the loaded 9mm unless someone's life is really in danger... would you want to spend the rest of your life in lockup because you wanted to protect some rims? Let some other enthusiast take the fall for that one, because if these guys keep doing this in Texas another individual will settle it TX style.

BTW, for all you Texans- that was RESPECT. Go Spurs!
Old 09-17-11, 12:09 PM
Toshima
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont know if its been said but since your only 19 you cant have a hand gun, but you CAN have a shotgun or rifle. I would look at a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500. Who knows next time it might be your house better be safe than sorry. And yes good old Texas shoot them next time.
Old 09-17-11, 12:10 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sc4Love
Jeez...some of you guys are harsh. I mean yeah i understand i should of done something but like i said nothing like this has happend to me before and adrenaline was pumping through i dont know how fast lol. The cops never came, instead they got a detective to call me back so i could report the plates and whatnot. In the end nothing was taken and im pretty sure they're not going to come back. I chased them through the neighborhood in my gf's car soo i really doubt they'll try again. Well thanks to some of the other CL members for understanding. I live with my mom and grandma so i dont really have my dad here to help. I wasnt thinking about weapons or whatnot, if i had one then yeah thatd be a different story, i wouldnt shoot them but i would of walked out and confronted them.

wait
wait

WAIT!!!1

you would had walked out with a gun NOT prepared to shoot said perps?? wtf dude,you are going about it that way all wrong. what if they shot you first?? or took your gun?? iam guessing you have had a cush life, and thats fine. But if you wan't anything in life thats worth a damn sc,house,woman(well not really those). sometimes you have to fight to keep it. keyword:FIGHT!!!
Old 09-17-11, 12:23 PM
LunaVyohr
Lead Lap

A gun, knife, broom stick, screaming like a maniac. Anything's better than standing there. Hell, one of the funniest things you could do to scare them off is buy one of those cheap, Chinese-made katana replicas, and when/if you see them again, draw the blade and CHARGE out there with it over your head, screaming, "HIIIYAAAAAAAAAAH!" as loud as you can. That outta throw them for a loop.

A gun is preferable, but I have a 72" solid Oak Bo staff that's great for beating the living day light out of people without getting too close.
Old 09-17-11, 12:43 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

u did the right thing man... as u can see by all the post everyone and there mother has a gun... and ive been robbed too and chased the ppl down on foot, the cop came and caught them and he put me in hand cuffs and told me if i would have done anything to them i would be the one going to jail. u guys prescribing antidotes to man hood obviously dont know the law. u can only shoot or harm someone thats trying to harm u. i have had a concealed weapons permit for almost 7 years and would have lost that also that night if i would have caught those three dicks. instead they each had to pay me 175 dollars a month for about 6 months for damages. true story

funny that one girl was there too she was there ride and the only person under age... she was sooo screwed it wasnt even cool... her parents must have whooped her *** wen she got home.
Old 09-17-11, 01:08 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Honestly, you'd be surprised what simple words will do(unless they were on drugs). But never put your life in danger in situations that you are unsure of. Remember, your guts are always right.

P.S.
Find a tree, cut down a decent sized limb and use it as a beating stick. I have one made of oak and it put down a ~215lb. UFC style fighter(or so he claimed) after about 6 blows to his knees while he was rolling on the floor trying to beet up my brother. Granted he didnt see me coming, but you always have to be prepared in this world. Expect that the worst can happen at any moment.
Old 09-17-11, 01:12 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

"You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." -- Al Capone

Quick Reply: GRRR! Why would you do such a thing......!?