SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

F.y.i.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-01, 01:02 PM
importtoys
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

A few of the lexus members are aware of the fact that we've been in talks with a manufacturing company to produce intakes for the SC 400... and i'd like to say thanks for not 'talking' about it online,.It has taken a while but the first few units were shipped on monday and will be here today or Friday...We will fit and test all weekend for the new models that we have coming out.
The company builds units for private labeling and supplies parts for many VERY popular brands..And now they manufacture for us!

These are high quality units that we will produce,market and sell just like the rest of the items offered at Importtoys.com ...The best prices!

More SC surprises this summer!!!!
Old 03-19-01, 09:21 AM
importtoys
Pole Position

Thumbs up F.Y.I

DONE DEAL
Attached Images  
Old 03-19-01, 01:40 PM
sc400nos

Default cheaper intake

Take a look at this intake everyone. I believe it is the exact same one that he is selling for $145 when you can do it yourself for about $60 bucks. It says on the ImportToys web page that it is a preffered images intake. I think that is supposed to be custom images which is were I got my adapter plate. He is simply buying that adapter plate and a filter and re-selling them for 100% profit. I thought about being greedy and doing that to, but I thougt why not just tell everyone were to get the stuff and let them order two peices it takes to make the kit. Well here you go:
Intake
Old 03-19-01, 02:52 PM
importtoys
Pole Position

Cool FYI

Thats cool if you go that way..Every one knows about that type of set-up..There was a post about it a page or so back . we also have the adaptor plates offered on the site (where it says to email for custom intake apps.@$25.00ea someone placed an order via 'clublexus' yesterday i think). The units are by PREFERRED IMAGE im not sure who the other company is that you mentioned..I'll go check their site later...
Anyway ours were manufactured with a 1 piece tube/plate that places the filter further down (as not to suck hot air from the engine) with Blitz filters. The material was not advertised because the 'second edition' is going to be in carbon fiber (i hope)
This is not a 'piece together' intake solution, which im sure works good and looks fine..but We are starting to move towards the show car market
We are actually in talks with another company that sales them for a lot more ( and doesnt look as good! )
To market under their name.
Ive personally spent a lot of money to have a 'one of a kind' intake made for this car as well as my show car..
we are spending a ton of money this summer to import hard to get parts and selling at domestic prices.
Background:
Importtoys was a site for Import models to start..one day i wanted a TV for my BMW850 and purchased it for 450.00 from a site...this same tv i offer on the site for @200.00 bucks or so..because i was upset that it cost that much in the first place..it was not a big deal to me to pay that amount...but to some people it is,I know there are not many 24 year olds that call an sc400 "one of my daily drivers."..Im not putting the car down...just letting you 'inside' a bit......I think the design of the car is great,but theres not much after that offered..
IMPORTTOYS.COM
It is not a job for me nor does it pay any of my bills..It supports itself YES....ImportToys.com is fun, it allows us to meet lots of people and also gives more leverage to me when i 'Want' something done...A lot More than a consumor with deep pockets because they know its a 'one-time deal' with them,...........I wouldnt have done it if i didnt have an SC.....I dont want to regret doing so.....
I'm trying really hard not to be upset about the post..I wish that you wouldve emailed and asked before posting negative comments ( i think thats the first 'bad' thing posted about I.T.)
Hope this cleared it up.
19 units in .........14 shipped = @$280 profit
........I can go get that BENTLY now

Attached Images