What did you do to your SC today? - Page 462 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Old 10-12-17, 08:35 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Luxor View Post
What part did you order from Japan?
Originally Posted by Kira X View Post
What is the part you're getting?
A small $3 bushing that cleans up the shift **** slop on later W58s; a part my dealership had quite literally never ordered before.
Old 10-12-17, 08:40 AM
mrmj2u
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SpectraBlu View Post
Early Christmas present for myself and SC arrived today. Brand new R154 with Marlin Crawler/Drift Motion upgrades already installed Still have lots more parts and lots more money saving to do for the winter.Attachment 467792
awesome!!!
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-f88789ac-7de3-4a95-9d80-38510d51a1de.gif  
Old 10-12-17, 09:37 AM
Draelren
Driver School Candidate

Installed my new seats last night. Don't have pics of them in the car yet, since it was finished long after the sun went down.
Prepping for installation.

The planted seat brackets I got also made me ride wayyyyyyyy too high. I was using MK4 Supra seats before, and this shot me up a few inches in the seat moving to them.

Seats are Braum Elites if anyone is interested.

Since the planted brackets won't work for me... I just did this.

Also, I had previously installed a new shift **** and shifter boot in the car. Here is a current interior shot.

Old 10-12-17, 10:28 AM
962jzsc415
Driver

Originally Posted by Draelren View Post
Installed my new seats last night. Don't have pics of them in the car yet, since it was finished long after the sun went down.
Prepping for installation.

The planted seat brackets I got also made me ride wayyyyyyyy too high. I was using MK4 Supra seats before, and this shot me up a few inches in the seat moving to them.

Seats are Braum Elites if anyone is interested.

Since the planted brackets won't work for me... I just did this.

Also, I had previously installed a new shift **** and shifter boot in the car. Here is a current interior shot.

Upload pic with seats installed. Lookin good so far
Old 10-12-17, 10:55 AM
Draelren
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 962jzsc415 View Post
Upload pic with seats installed. Lookin good so far
Excuse the mess. I'll have it cleaned up this weekend more and will be posting better photos to my instagram: @draelren

In the mean time, here you go. (Yes I'll be switching to black interior soon, already got the first parts on the way)

Old 10-12-17, 04:13 PM
962jzsc415
Driver

Old 10-12-17, 07:09 PM
KahnBB6

Well it's nothing special but today I replaced my stock original 80 amp 1993 2JZ-GE alternator with a "new" Denso OEM reman 100 amp alternator. The original made it 246,500 miles and 25 years before failing!

(Oh, and to make it easy to do without lifting the car you'll want to remove the fan clutch. I used a Mac Tools 12mm "torque adapter" for this. Snap-On also sells a nearly identical tool. This was essential to making the loosening of the four nuts and re-torquing them to 12 ft-lbs. by getting a torque wrench into an extremely tight and slim space that a common socket would never fit. I also compensated for the difference in force that the torque adapter introduces with a setting of 10.5 ft-lbs after using this calculator to determine the correct setting: http://www.cncexpo.com/TorqueAdapter.aspx)

Last edited by KahnBB6; 10-12-17 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-12-17, 07:37 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KahnBB6 View Post
Well it's nothing special but today I replaced my stock original 80 amp 1993 2JZ-GE alternator with a "new" Denso OEM reman 100 amp alternator. The original made it 246,500 miles and 25 years before failing!

(Oh, and to make it easy to do without lifting the car you'll want to remove the fan clutch. I used a Mac Tools 12mm "torque adapter" for this. Snap-On also sells a nearly identical tool. This was essential to making the loosening of the four nuts and re-torquing them to 12 ft-lbs. by getting a torque wrench into an extremely tight and slim space that a common socket would never fit. I also compensated for the difference in force that the torque adapter introduces with a setting of 10.5 ft-lbs after using this calculator to determine the correct setting: http://www.cncexpo.com/TorqueAdapter.aspx)
Metric torque adapters are hard to come by. I think it's basically Mac, snap on, and 1 other company that sells on amazon.
Old 10-13-17, 10:25 AM
LEXXIUM
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Early Christmas present for myself and SC arrived today. Brand new R154 with Marlin Crawler/Drift Motion upgrades already installed Still have lots more parts and lots more money saving to do for the winter.Attachment 467792
You got one new awesome early Christmas present!!!
Old 10-13-17, 11:22 AM
SpectraBlu
Lead Lap

^^yeah I really didn't want to spend that much on a transmission but, considering how much used ones with unknown mileage go for these days I said screw it lol. Then I'd still have to pay to get it shipped and rebuilt and after all that, I new one for just a little more money seemed like the move.
Old 10-14-17, 09:49 AM
dadswrld
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on having the chance to celebrate Christmas early! That looks pretty.
Old 10-15-17, 09:22 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion

Grabbed my phone and broke the center vent. lol

Old 10-15-17, 09:42 PM
tfwnoturbo
Driver

So ready to put these on. Need to get my friend to spray clearcoat on them and get some butyl glue and she's set. Restoring old headlights is actually quite fun.
Old 10-16-17, 02:43 AM
Crypto79
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4 View Post
A small $3 bushing that cleans up the shift **** slop on later W58s; a part my dealership had quite literally never ordered before.
what part is that?
Old 10-16-17, 12:50 PM
Zerodrag
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4 View Post
I know this is a little late (as you've already ordered it), but I believe there's a guy on the celicasupra forums that makes a kit that cleans up the slop on W58s. I'm pretty sure they work on all W58s, but I would ask him first. If you were interested, just google "w58 shiftgasm".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: