SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Bought SC300 (T67 GTE)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-10, 07:29 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

if it was running fine before its not going to give out all of a sudden to 0 compression if you really shut it off in time. I would redo the test with a good battery and use some oil this time.
Old 07-20-10, 02:06 PM
WetLexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's why i don't buy people projects, hope you get it rite!
Thanks!

where do you live in missouri?
St.louis (Manchester Area)

no good, pull the head off and check it out. you can get the head machine and replace the head gasket. if the bottom end looks ok. you could a little oil down the spark plug and see if compression comes up also. i have seen cars overheated like crazy but they still ran after.
Let a little oil down the spark plug?

umm get the head offffffffff man well its a good start once you done u will have a nice ride sir glk.
Thank you!

charge the battery and do it again. Also this happened to me with a motor a while ago.
I fully charged the battery and did the test again. Came up with really low number.... 25-30. I only tested on 2 cylinders because i figured if they are screwed im gonna have to open it up anyways.

it would have to be pretty screwed for it to have zero compression. does it crank at all?
The motor does crank when you try to start it. It spins fine, but just doesnt fire up or show compression.

if it was running fine before its not going to give out all of a sudden to 0 compression if you really shut it off in time. I would redo the test with a good battery and use some oil this time.
Well i shut the car off had it towed and after it cooled off big time i drove it about a block to a parking lot my friend owns so we could work on it there. I had to kick start the car with the clutch but it started. after we got it to the parking lot it didnt want to crank whatsoever. and what do you guys mean by use oil??
Old 07-20-10, 02:43 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

they mean take one of your spark plugs out, put a cap full of oil down into the cylinder, and then test the compression. This will let you know if your rings are bad.