SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New here! Bad wreck...New Car help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-10, 02:13 AM
preston145
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here! Bad wreck...New Car help!

Ok guys well im new here ive been lurking and reading quite a bit and i figured it was time to join. i have a 95 lexus sc300 onyx black with black leatehr interior auto. Unfortuantely July 4th My brother and I were in a pretty bad wreck and if it wasnt for my tank of a lexus and front window tint holding the shards of glass in. im not sure id be here or my brother for that matter. He wasnt payign attention to the road and while looking over at me he ran a stop sign hit a ditch we went through a metal gate up and embankment flipping and sliding about 50 yards on the roof. Thankfully we crawled out with nothing but air bag burn and a couple of bruises. On to the point tho...My car was mint. The 2jz ge was fresh with about 2900 mile son her. I have been looking for a body but then i came across a deal. I have found a 92 lexus with a 1jz gte swap yet the owner couldnt get her running. Apprently its not getting power to the fuel pump but hes tested it and the pump works and primes when a primer is set to it. and he believes its somethign to do with the fuel sensor thats located under the rear driver window inside the car. Im not sure about the 1jz gte swap im pretty new to all this anyways, Im coming from Muscle as i sold my ls1 camaro to buy my previous lexus. Now my wrecked car still cranks up perfectly my 2jz ge is still running fine. i figured i could always swap my na motor back in if worse comes to worse. Anwyays Any of u guys have an idea of what could not le tthe fuel pump turn on? And also ill post pics up as im going to atlanta this weekend to pick the car up. heres some pics of my previous lexus. Thanks so much and im glad to be apart of this community and im excited to be in a lexus again

Old 07-09-10, 03:14 AM
mptjimmy
Pole Position

glad ur both okay,
do a search its not a sensor but a fuel computer, you can bypass it and run a constant 12v if needed,

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...tures-faq.html
Old 07-09-10, 03:25 AM
preston145
Driver

hey man thanks alot...i actually found his old posts on here about the car. So scratch that ill just look it over when its in my drive way thanks so much
Old 07-09-10, 04:43 AM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good thing you all are okay that was a pretty bad wreck...just shows how safe these tanks are though...
Old 07-09-10, 08:25 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Dang glad nobody got seriously injured, was a nice looking SC you had..

I dunno about that one your picking up, that guy has had that car not running for like a year trying to sell it.. i know he was asking 4k, IMO it's barely worth that in parts.. I just can't figure out why someone wouldn't get it running to sell it in that amount of time unless there where worse issues.
Old 07-09-10, 09:07 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I am glad to see you are ok. Sorry about the mishap.
Old 07-09-10, 09:28 AM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah was REALLY nice- there's something about your front bumper I can't put my finger on, but it looks awesome. Obviously the fog lights are out of it, but I swear there's something else
Old 07-09-10, 09:38 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

holy...that is insane, one of the worst SC wrecks that's for sure.
Old 07-09-10, 09:56 AM
preston145
Driver

hey guys i appreciate the words. Yea the lexus held up extremely well. Glad i wasnt in my mustang or my camaro during this. But im honestly picking the for for an amazing price. Trust me when i say amazing price. But anyways yea i know he had some issues with the fuel pump hes tires of trying to figure it out but he has a supra that he plays with so well i had to jump on this. Question guys are my tailights different or something? someone offered me some money for my tailights was wondering what mine are?
Old 07-09-10, 10:03 AM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by preston145
hey guys i appreciate the words. Yea the lexus held up extremely well. Glad i wasnt in my mustang or my camaro during this. But im honestly picking the for for an amazing price. Trust me when i say amazing price. But anyways yea i know he had some issues with the fuel pump hes tires of trying to figure it out but he has a supra that he plays with so well i had to jump on this. Question guys are my tailights different or something? someone offered me some money for my tailights was wondering what mine are?
'95 tail lights...best looking stock tails put on the Sc's...IMO and the person that wants them as well.
Old 07-09-10, 10:21 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I hope youre ok, find a good shell and if you have time do a swap
Old 07-09-10, 11:30 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Klaus
Yeah was REALLY nice- there's something about your front bumper I can't put my finger on, but it looks awesome. Obviously the fog lights are out of it, but I swear there's something else
only other things i notice is shaved emblem, and you might be noticing the subtle difference in the center grill his 95 has, vs the single bar grill the 92-94's have..
Old 07-09-10, 11:37 AM
DWPsc3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn, glad you guys are okay. Good luck with your future sc build man
Old 07-09-10, 03:00 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

glad to hear your ok
Old 07-09-10, 08:26 PM
meangreen1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bad @ss wreck!!! If there was such a thing.

Quick Reply: New here! Bad wreck...New Car help!