SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What will you get after SC? (seriously)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-10, 01:42 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So the girl I'm dating has her dads brand new 2010 370z for 2 weeks, I took it for a rip. Lemme say that although it's got all the new toys in it, and is pretty quick, for some reason I still enjoy driving the SC much more. Something about the SC 'expierience' that I can't quite put my finger on..
I think with the right mods, any SC can have the same power and toys that any of the new cars have, therefore there would be no need to sell for something else in my opinion (unless you were going a completely different route like a truck or family car obviously).
I think my SC is definatly staying for a while, haven't driven anything else that quite compares to it..
Old 05-24-10, 04:49 AM
inferno14u
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see myself ever getting rid of my SC400, but I can see myself adding another vehicle or vehicles later based on need. I eventually will purchase either a sedan or suv for family but barring a severe accident, the SC is going nowhere. While it is true that newer vehicles have more advanced features, in my opinion, there is nothing like a vehicle that you have made exactly how you like it. Some people get tired of modifying cars and move on to cars with more luxurious features, but I'm going to be a tuner/tinkerer until the day I die. To the average person, its crazy to invest so much time and money into an "old" car, but car guys see, know, and appreciate the effort and thought that goes into serious builds. I look at ScottURnot's and SC400TT's builds as inspirations and see ideas that I would like to incorporate, and some ideas where I would prefer to go in a different direction. I've had other builds and projects that have had unfortunate circumstances, but this one will improve on those lessons learned during those builds and hopefully stay with me.
Old 05-24-10, 05:42 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Probably a boosted E46 M3 then again who knows ha ha............
Old 05-24-10, 06:21 AM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

An ls430. The SC is my luxury car, and I recently drove an LS and well... damn... haha
Old 05-24-10, 06:55 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If I sell the SC? 911 turbo.
Old 05-24-10, 07:54 AM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

ls430 - realistically

dream mode - silver aston martin one 77, silver/black bugatti veyron, silver maybach 62 sedan, black gt3, red ferrari enzo, black ferrari 599 gtb, black gtr, black r34 skyline, white r8.
Old 05-24-10, 08:49 AM
saru
Driver

I don't think I'll ever sell my sc. There is just to much pug into it, and can't see myself parting it out. But since it's long been paid off, I will get another car. After I finish restoring my 71 celica I will end up getting a ls430 or a q45 (f50).
Old 05-24-10, 11:23 AM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

S2000, I missed the stick shift and the VTEC
Old 05-24-10, 11:41 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

hmm i already had a plan for the cars im going to get

in order.. 07+ sti, gs/ls, nsx, maybe a 2jzgte FD3S or sc300

sti will be my DD, gs/ls is the wifes car, well NSX and FD/SC is for fun. maybe a 240 for the fun of it.

**I know sc's look very clean and nice, but i wonder how do you guys DD a 16mpg car? doesn't it burn a hole through your wallet..**
Old 05-24-10, 11:48 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

If i get rid of my car in the near future I'd probably get a late model LS400 or early model LS430. If its a few years later I'll probably buy a M3.
Old 05-24-10, 11:53 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by sc300jz
**I know sc's look very clean and nice, but i wonder how do you guys DD a 16mpg car? doesn't it burn a hole through your wallet..**
I daily drove my SC the 1st 6 months I had it, but after that that it became a garage queen and gets driven less than 300 miles a month now. It only leaves the garage when I hang out with my car friends.
Old 05-24-10, 12:44 PM
SCrollinSD
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vadim540i
Imo, there is no such thing as timeless, at least when we still live in time. Everything gets olds, and that's fact. I would say the most obvious thing about Sc that makes it look a bit outdated is its thin profile, its body is thin and long while never cars have much thicker design. Example below.

Now with that being said, I completely agree that Sc was way ahead its time in terms of interior and everything else

that might be true, but personally I like a thinner profile and a longer bonnet. so to me, the SC looks better than that BMW you posted. that's not me being a fanboy either, I'ts just my truthful opinion. I really don't like the whole fat bubble thing going on with modern cars and i believe that true sports cars are becoming fewer and farther between not only because of exterior styling, but the basis on which the cars are founded. no longer can you just make a bare bones, back to basics sports car, you have to pack on an extra 1000lbs of weight in electronics, ammenities, and aribags in front, side, on top and under your asscheeks. lol.

but that's an entirely new discussion. simply aesthetically speaking, i stand by my comment that a properly done SC still rivals newer sports cars. in fact, if you ask the average person on the street what year, say, this car is...

PS: this was my favorite stage of this car for sure. still looks amazing, but for me simplicity is key.

... they will probably guess something in the 2000s.

sure, nothing is timeless, but let's save the heavy philosophical argument shall we? the general connotation carried with the word timeless simply means what we are talking about in this case: something that stands the test of time in either a functional or visual sense. and in the case of the SC, i believe it is timeless in all facets.
Old 05-24-10, 12:47 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

since i'm planning to move to Belize within a couple years(and cars are not exactly a big thing over there) i might end up selling the SC and end up driving around in a golf cart like many people do on the island, lol. I'll miss car modding in general, but fwck it, i want to live the layed-back island life again. But knowing myself i'll probably end up modding the golf cart, lol.

seriously.

Last edited by MIGS; 05-24-10 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-24-10, 12:47 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL - it is funny everyone is stepping up from their $4,000 SC to their $80,000 LS or AMG!

I am on my 13th SC, most likely I will always own one regardless of what else I happen to be driving at that time.

Jonny
Old 05-24-10, 12:51 PM
SCrollinSD
Pole Position

^^ 13th?! that's dedication, or at least a very serious love affair. lol. proof or ban! hahah

Quick Reply: What will you get after SC? (seriously)