SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-13, 12:54 PM
jbell
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BuffNStuff
I am seriously looking into this now, as my tuner is having serious trouble with dealing with the AEM FI/C I bought for my turbo obdII auto sc300. Basically I am going to give him one last chance on Monday to get it working, and then I am ditching the FI/C. What I want to do is get a part list going so that I can show him EXACTLY what he needs to get my 1997 auto sc300 running properly. My car has been at his shop for 3 weeks while he fiddled with the FI/C to no avail and I am out of patience. I want to drive my finally turbo'd car.

I know I need:
USDM TT auto obdII ecu- I have been searching for weeks and I only found 1 at $450!!
TT MAF sensor
3 is300 coils
TT MAP sensor
550cc top feed high impedence injectors
DS62 ignitor

NOW, my questions is; are there certain versions of the sensors that I need? For example; is there a difference in USDM tt MAF and a Aristo and JDM MAF?

Same question for the MAP sensor.

Is there a specific injector that works best?

I am sorry if these questions have already been answered, but after the first 4 pages, it seems like there wasnt enough relevant info for me to continue haha.
I have the exact same question...
is the maf sensor version important, or does it just need to work?
i'm planning on initially using a gs300 ge maf on the aristo gte ecu.
my understanding is it just needs to put out 1.1 to 1.5v while idling, and up to 5v with flow.
im curious if i can use something like a mustang or ls1 maf if it produces the same voltage.
Old 11-30-13, 09:46 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I am seriously looking into this now, as my tuner is having serious trouble with dealing with the AEM FI/C I bought for my turbo obdII auto sc300. Basically I am going to give him one last chance on Monday to get it working, and then I am ditching the FI/C. What I want to do is get a part list going so that I can show him EXACTLY what he needs to get my 1997 auto sc300 running properly. My car has been at his shop for 3 weeks while he fiddled with the FI/C to no avail and I am out of patience. I want to drive my finally turbo'd car.

I know I need:
USDM TT auto obdII ecu- I have been searching for weeks and I only found 1 at $450!!
TT MAF sensor
3 is300 coils
TT MAP sensor
550cc top feed high impedence injectors
DS62 ignitor

NOW, my questions is; are there certain versions of the sensors that I need? For example; is there a difference in USDM tt MAF and a Aristo and JDM MAF?

Same question for the MAP sensor.

Is there a specific injector that works best?

I am sorry if these questions have already been answered, but after the first 4 pages, it seems like there wasnt enough relevant info for me to continue haha.
You are 97 so you are looking at using a non vvti gte ecu.
the maf sensor is the same for JDM and USDM, so any 2jz map sensor will work, even a 1jz one will work but use a 2jz one if you can get one.
Maf sensor is easy, any USDM GTE maf sensor, odb1 or odb2, they are the same maf.
The JDM does not have a maf sensor, unless you are talking about the vvti and it is slightly different. Use a USDM GTE maf sensor, they are easy to find, well easier than the map sensor and odb2 ecu.

any 550cc injectors of that generation will work fine.

Originally Posted by jbell
I have the exact same question...
is the maf sensor version important, or does it just need to work?
i'm planning on initially using a gs300 ge maf on the aristo gte ecu.
my understanding is it just needs to put out 1.1 to 1.5v while idling, and up to 5v with flow.
im curious if i can use something like a mustang or ls1 maf if it produces the same voltage.
It should be a gte maf as they are bigger diameter than a normal GE maf. if you are talking about vvti you can try and reuse the vvti ge maf but not positive about that. You may not get the right amount of fueling but you can experiment some with the ge maf they have the same connector so its not a lot of trouble to try. Do not even bother trying to use one from another company it wont even be close, the ecu is very sensitive to the maf at the most you could get away with using a smaller GE one but I wouldnt expect it to run perfect.

With this mod, try not to go too far from stock configurations unless you have to, alot of times small changes will cause it not to run properly especially with injector or maf/map changes.
Old 11-30-13, 09:54 PM
jbell
Driver School Candidate

just gonna put this here also.
enjoy. took me the better part of a few days gathering info and whatnot to make this.
should be exactly what you need.

edit: see post #1285

Last edited by jbell; 12-03-13 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-02-13, 10:35 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

aren't the connectors the same on the vvti variant's. what do you use the diagram above for, or is it just to see what is where.
Old 12-02-13, 03:14 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Any one know if these OMNI 3 bar map sensors would work for the tt ECU swap? Are they direct replacements?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/370953064502?lpid=82
Old 12-03-13, 07:43 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

they are not direct replacements. a 3 bar will not work with the factory ecu generally.
Old 12-03-13, 06:08 PM
jbell
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
aren't the connectors the same on the vvti variant's. what do you use the diagram above for, or is it just to see what is where.
it's a diagram of what's what and the pin to add for the map.
it identifies almost all of the color wires, good for tracing things.

this is pretty much the same thing:
2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod-be2nhwq.png
Old 12-03-13, 06:08 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

okay thank you. one last question, I read somewhere on the supraforums that the usdm ecu needs 550cc LOW impedance injectors. But I was told by a member here it needs HIGH impedance. Injectors are expensive and I only wanna do this once. Can you confirm which one I need?

Quoted from a thread on supraforums:

"You've gotten a few things confused here- the stock injectors on a 2JZGTE are a direct physical swap between the JDM and USDM except for the plug itself, as they are both Denso side feed injectors. The difference is the impedance and flow rates (JDM is 440cc & high imp, USDM is 550cc and low imp) "
Old 12-03-13, 06:26 PM
jbell
Driver School Candidate

okay thank you. one last question, I read somewhere on the supraforums that the usdm ecu needs 550cc LOW impedance injectors. But I was told by a member here it needs HIGH impedance. Injectors are expensive and I only wanna do this once. Can you confirm which one I need?

Quoted from a thread on supraforums:

"You've gotten a few things confused here- the stock injectors on a 2JZGTE are a direct physical swap between the JDM and USDM except for the plug itself, as they are both Denso side feed injectors. The difference is the impedance and flow rates (JDM is 440cc & high imp, USDM is 550cc and low imp) "
i can't help there. not sure either way.
I know i've read that the aristo tt ecu uses 440cc highs.
Old 12-03-13, 06:31 PM
jbell
Driver School Candidate

here's the updated pic:
https://i.imgur.com/Aorw5Yi.png
2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod-aorw5yi.png
Old 12-03-13, 07:59 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Thanks for the imput jbell! At least I know half of what I am hearing is right. Just need to know about the USDM now.

From what I have been seeing around the interweb, the USDM ECUs require 550cc LOW impedance injectors and a resistor pack? Is this right, ALI SC3?

I finnally got my hands on a USDM tt ECU out of a 1997 auto and it seems that this ECU is SUPER rare. From what I am hearing, if you plug in the wrong injectors, it can fry the ECU, which would royaly screw me. I doubt I would be able to find another ECU anytime soon.
Old 12-03-13, 10:41 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

all the toyota ecu's we use are looking for high impedance injectors.
that being said, you can use low impedance injectors as long as you have the resistor pack because the resistor pack is what makes them high impedance, and that is how the US GTE is set up.
so you can either get 550's low impedance with a resistor pack, or you can just get 550's high impedance and you don't need to wire in a resistor pack.
getting high impedance is easier since stock we don't have a resistor pack, so high impedance 550's that are top feed will drop in and work.

and also 2jzgte injectors will not work on a 2jzge fuel rail. 2jzge injectors are top feed and GTE injectors are side feed, completely incompatible. you need aftermarket 550's or some from like an rx7 that are top feed. If you follow my advice from the first page and look online there are shops that sell re manufactured injectors that will work on a 2jzge they are usually high impedance and have the right connector.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 12-03-13 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-03-13, 10:58 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

OOOOOHHHH okay I understand now. I saw the post about injectors on the first page but I was confused. I figured, "I am using a USDM ECU that uses 550cc low impedance injectors and a resistor pack from the factory, so I should probably use that too."

I didnt realize the resistors changed the low impedance to high impedance, and since I would be installing high impedance, I would not need the resistors. Thank you for clearing that up!
Old 12-04-13, 07:33 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

yes that is exactly right, for example on the US GTE they used 550cc low impedance with an resistor pack, but on JDM they just used 440cc high impedance injectors no resistor pack. It is a common mod for JDM gte owners to upgrade to US gte 550's and that means they have to also install the resistor pack when they do that, because like us we do not have a resistor pack stock cause our cars come with high impedance from factory.

so If you have high impedance injectors going in, you will not need a resistor pack.
Old 12-04-13, 02:01 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Awesome, thanks so much for your help ALI!

BTW if anyone else is looking for a USDM TT OBDII AUTO ECU the part # is #89661-14800. These seem to be very hard to find, but the part# makes it a little easier.

Quick Reply: 2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod