SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Did someone say a tan and black interior?....check!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-09, 08:41 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tylerw1
Looks good. Nice job!
Thank you very much

Originally Posted by kez
damn clean interior...just the back carpet will set it off dude...damn clean
I try my best to keep this one as clean as possible. Its not too hard since I'm basically the only one ever in the car. Definitely will look into investing in black carpet and headliner in the future. Thanks for the kind words

Originally Posted by SC1984
To me, the black top center console trim was ok, but then I looked at the tan armrest, and that looked out of place, So I swapped it out for a black and while I was at it I said screw it let me swap entire lower center console while I'm at it.

I see what OLT is saying about the lower center console.....it is sort of out of place but its nothing horrible. At the end of the day as long as you like it is what counts. Definitely diggin your clean interior though
Old 11-30-09, 08:58 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by SC1984
To me, the black top center console trim was ok, but then I looked at the tan armrest, and that looked out of place, So I swapped it out for a black and while I was at it I said screw it let me swap entire lower center console while I'm at it.
It's not unlike the concept where people have a yellow car so they buy yellow windshield wiper covers and yellow seat covers. Sure...... it's the same color, but it just stands out. It breaks up the flow. Different strokes.........
Old 11-30-09, 09:16 PM
captainsc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! I had no idea you did this. Both you and matt did alot of dying this past week. I cant decide if I like it or not. Of course it looks amazing! But I cant decide if this is the route I want to take yet. Good job though, and when did you get a flush mounted sub on the rear deck? The things I have missed...
Old 11-30-09, 09:34 PM
SC1984
Pole Position

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
It's not unlike the concept where people have a yellow car so they buy yellow windshield wiper covers and yellow seat covers. Sure...... it's the same color, but it just stands out. It breaks up the flow. Different strokes.........
Would help to mention that I eventually want to redo the seats in a black/tan combo. LOL Its all good, Different strokes for different folks. Also if I want to do the entire interior in black, its 1 less piece I have to go searching around for, blacks parts are hard to come around.
Old 11-30-09, 11:10 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by captainsc
WOW! I had no idea you did this. Both you and matt did alot of dying this past week. I cant decide if I like it or not. Of course it looks amazing! But I cant decide if this is the route I want to take yet. Good job though, and when did you get a flush mounted sub on the rear deck? The things I have missed...
You have been gone for far too long Taylor.....haha. Just playin....we missed you at the supra meet. Alot of SC's actually showed up. Sorta had this planned but just not this past weekend. I got impatient....haha.

I really want to see how Matt's interior came out....its killing me with that one picture!!!! I think all black will look good for him. A more red exterior/black interior combo works. I think the black and tan on a white SC looks good for me since I'm more the stay factory with a bit more of an updated feel to it theme interior. I like your interior just the way it is with the new leather in there

The sub has been there for a few months now. I think I showed the guys one night when you were not there and then it just became yesterdays news....haha. You worry about that swap of yours and keep your interior in the prestine condition it currently is in

Thanks as always for the compliment Taylor
Old 11-30-09, 11:29 PM
CPMD
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like it

Plus, I always order a black and tan at the Pub
Old 12-01-09, 12:26 AM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

looks cool
Old 12-01-09, 01:06 AM
vinh
Lexus Champion

makes the interior look so much sportier and cleaner IMO. Once you put in black carpet, it will look 100x even better. I guarantee it!
Old 12-01-09, 12:01 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22

I really want to see how Matt's interior came out....its killing me with that one picture!!!!

Bwhahaha.

Applebees Wednesday?
Old 12-01-09, 12:32 PM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interior looks great
Old 12-01-09, 12:33 PM
IonFeright
Lead Lap

Super clean! Im diggin it!
Old 12-01-09, 02:09 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cpmd
I like it

Plus, I always order a black and tan at the Pub
Thank you very much Keep ordering those black and tans!!!

Originally Posted by BlayzSC4
looks cool
Appreciate it

Originally Posted by vinh
makes the interior look so much sportier and cleaner IMO. Once you put in black carpet, it will look 100x even better. I guarantee it!
Thank you for the compliment vinh The sporty/OEM look is exactly what I'm going for. Every time I see Scotturnots interior with the black and tan I know a black carpet would really set it off nicely. In due time.....

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
Bwhahaha.

Applebees Wednesday?
I should be able to go since I just finished 3 out of my 4 tests for the week.....haha. Let me know for sure tomorrow.

Originally Posted by P Weezy
interior looks great
Gracias senor

Originally Posted by IonFeright
Super clean! Im diggin it!
Appreciate it Ionferight!!! Everytime I see a post by you and your sig I get a little jealous knowing you got a 97 blk/blk 5 speed. Definitely one of the rarest
Old 12-01-09, 04:12 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I like it, but then again it seems not complete. I think you overall did a great job on the painting and swapping. I did my gray and black combo, and no one seemed to like it. So the bottom line is, its what you like!
Old 12-01-09, 09:40 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
I like it, but then again it seems not complete. I think you overall did a great job on the painting and swapping. I did my gray and black combo, and no one seemed to like it. So the bottom line is, its what you like!
Thanks for the comments I think the biggest thing taking away from this is the seatbelts IMO since everything else is either tan or black now.

I saw your black/grey combo and thought it turned out real good!! Honestly if I had a grey interior I would have done the same thing myself. In the end we all have different tastes which is the best thing about being apart of forums.
Old 12-01-09, 09:43 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22

I should be able to go since I just finished 3 out of my 4 tests for the week.....haha. Let me know for sure tomorrow.

Am I the ONLY one who has 6 exams NEXT week? wtf and why is everyone finishing early...

Quick Reply: Did someone say a tan and black interior?....check!