SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

road hazard

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-02, 06:53 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default road hazard

This really sux. I just got my Veilside bumper fixed last weekend and this morning while driving to work about 80mph this 18 wheeler blows a flat and the tire fragments flew right to my car. I sworved through 4 lanes to dodge the tire bits but coudn't maneuver through a small piece that hit the right front bumper knocking out foglight and damaging my glass finish paintjob. I'm pissed. back to the shop to drop some more bills...
Old 05-01-02, 07:42 AM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will insurance cover any of it? It obviously isn't your fault. I'm glad you're all right. I had a car blow a tire infront of me while going 70/75 in the far left hand lane. Not fun.

I feel for you man... Hey, when it's mint, wanna post some pics?

John
Old 05-01-02, 07:59 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Unhappy

i feel for ya man.... i have a do-luck body kit, and whenever i drive i never drive behind ANY truck or pickup..... and when i park, i pray to God that no one bumps my front or rear bumper
Old 05-01-02, 08:46 AM
Mistical
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Trucks are brutal. I was rolling by a big rig when it kicked up a rock and hit my door. It put a 3/4 inch diameter ding in my mint condition Lex. You can still notice it...I only had it touched up and wet sanded. I know that it is not as painful and messing up your fresh new bumper, but it taught me to be as careful as I can...especially next to trucks.
Old 05-01-02, 08:55 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Angry

you know what REALLY pisses me off... is that when you drive anywhere, you see these yukons or any kind of SUV or truck and they can't park straight worth crap!!! IF you can't park straight in that kind of car, dont' drive it!!!!!!!

and THEN the doors are so big, the kids or whoever just fling the door open like there's no tomorrow. next thing you know, there's a HUGE ding
Old 05-01-02, 09:11 AM
Mistical
Rookie

Right! I find myself parking in the far back of a lot cause I don't trust anyone. I'm the one in back with the clean Lexus taking up two spots.
Old 05-01-02, 11:48 AM
hyperopt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those trucks are horrible. They not only pick stones from the road and throw them onto your cars, but they also throw craps from their freight beds.

Did you get the license plate & the name of the trucking company? A MB guy with a stone cracks to his windshield, caused by stones thrown from a truck, got his windshield replaced and paid for the truck's insurance company.
Old 05-01-02, 12:06 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

I just pulled right over after swerving just in case anything was about to fall off(if things fell off and left behind on the highway I'm not going back for it). Thank god its only a paint scuff, but it still pissed me off. 3 days..... and it needs work again. I have some old pics right here. I'll post new ones as soon as it comes back out of the shop. There are not the best pictures so I'll try to take them in 2 weeks when my camera gets here
Attached Thumbnails road hazard-sc400.jpg  
Old 05-01-02, 12:54 PM
DaBling69
Driver School Candidate

Clean ride man, how much did the kit cost you total, after shipping and all? I feel for ya about the truck bit, I had a truck toss up a rock at my windshield and make a ding in it, insurance covered it though. Another thing I hate, is right after you wash your ride and its all blingin' then you drive down a road and theres some construction or some shizzle, and you go slow over the dirt then some jackass in the other lane flies by and kicks dirt up on your stuff. That pisses me off.
Old 05-01-02, 05:35 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

nice looking kit VSsc400. It looks sharp with a black paint job.

By the way, are you interested in joining up for a Club Lexus meet on june 15th? -- it'll be outside boston @ mi casa.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=45363

We're gonna be racing some afterwards too. (I'll post the vids!)

John
Old 05-01-02, 05:47 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Mistical, i do the EXACT same thing u do. Whenever im out w/ my mom or sister, i always have to drop them off at the front of the place, b/c they don't want to walk from the farthest spot to the store, etc. I always take up two spots when i can, but i def. park as far away as possible, or park as close as possible, w/ two friends beside me. I even got in trouble at school, for taking up two spots, but the thing was, i park where NO ONE else, besides one of my friends who has a 99 Integra GS-R, parks. And the reason we park there si b/c we wanna keep our rides lookin new. I tried to explain it to the headmaster, but he's a BIG fu**er so it didn't help at all.

Originally posted by Mistical
Right! I find myself parking in the far back of a lot cause I don't trust anyone. I'm the one in back with the clean Lexus taking up two spots.

VSsc4, sorry bout what happened man. Ur car looks bad a** in those pics dude. Glad ur gonna fix it up ASAP and i can't wait to see the pics. Again, major props bro
Old 05-02-02, 07:41 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

The kit cosists of veilside all around + bomex wing. Kit including wing was $3000 and change but less than $3500 including delivery and the paintjob was $2000.
June 15th is fine but Boston? thats like 5 hours away.
Thank you for all the props. I will post detailed photos soon. I'll also take interior photos when my clarion MD/CD 2Din comes back from warranty service. I'll try to take some close ups.
Old 05-02-02, 08:17 AM
Mistical
Rookie

Did you body kit add noticable weight to your Lex?
How low is your car sitting?
Are you still above parking blocks and curbs?
Old 05-02-02, 08:33 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

the kit weighs nothing. Its all fiberglass so if anything it made the car lighter. The car sits stock height but in the front I have just under 3.5" clearance maybe a little bit less. None of the 4 sides will clear parking blocks, cubs or obese speedbumps. I take the car regularly to Manhattan (new york city) and I drive human with a little extra care and haven't had any problems. on the highway I let it rip and no problems. I'll take more careful measurements and post them.
Old 05-02-02, 08:43 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Exclamation Need an Autobodyguard

Too bad the world doesn't revolve around us driving a SC.
But S*** happens!
Word of the wise: to avoid Hazards, Mother Nature, Bird crap,
Door- fling dings, etc. Keep your overprotected baby in the garage. Your SC will thank you. It's a burtal world out there.

Quick Reply: road hazard