SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Stock SC300 + 10k = ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-09, 09:17 PM
VelocityBall
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Love that color.

LMAO only 2 people said do the Brakes. IMO I would do the Supra TT Brakes immediately. Of course, this will force you into purchasing some wheels and tires as well. Here is how I would do it, and this is just my very educated opinion. I have owned 10 sc's. Currently down to 2. Both GTE swaped. I don't post much but, I've been around a Long time.
1. maintenance
2. Brake, Wheel, and Tire upgrade(at least 9.5" rears with 295 tires)
3. Suspension- Tein CS's are a wonderful thing but a good strut/spring combo(Bilstein ect) will suffice. Probably dont need bushes unless you want to slam it. Ride quality will suffer the lower you go. A front strut brace is nice. No need to muck with the rear sway bar, it is fine.
4. A good NA-T kit. They have been mentioned allready in this thread. I am kind of partial to the turbonetics kit. I have installed most of them, even the TurboXS ones, which are OK. You should easily get 350-400whp, and you will be able to hook up because you chose the proper sized/offset wheels and tires... Right?
5. Centerforce DF Clutch. I have used them and installed them on customers cars. They are fantastic no matter what you hear. Almost like stock pedal feel with plenty of holding power.

That should burn that $10k

Last edited by VelocityBall; 10-28-09 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-28-09, 09:29 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you lucky mothaf#%k!!!

nice gift.
Old 10-28-09, 09:34 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Do minimal mods like tint, hids, and maintenance stuff as necessary.

You're in college and your car will most likely get trashed a bit anyway. Just about everyone at my college was drunk, stupid and careless. It's pretty much par for the course.

If you want my full opinion, drop out of college, ask your dad for the money he's going to spend to put you through college (which is a waste) and take that and your 10 grand and start a small business of your choosing.
Old 10-29-09, 05:09 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UpInTheLex

If you want my full opinion, drop out of college, ask your dad for the money he's going to spend to put you through college (which is a waste) and take that and your 10 grand and start a small business of your choosing.
^ i concur.

X2
Old 10-29-09, 05:20 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

apply for financial aid in college but your dad is paying for you school, so use the financial aid money on your car...
Old 10-29-09, 06:14 PM
Matador
Racer

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
apply for financial aid in college but your dad is paying for you school, so use the financial aid money on your car...
hahahahaha

I just read an article that said 5% of students who complete their assoc. at a community college end up with 30k+ in student loans. mods and new cars came to mind.
Old 11-14-09, 06:45 PM
LCSC
Lead Lap

First off don't do anything until you have come up with a plan for the car (It would be stupid to do a bunch of maintenance just to upgrade a few months down the road). and with no plan If you're not carefull 10k is real easy to blow throw one part at a time.

My suggestion would be to

2JZGTE/V160 swap, go single turbo from the get go so you never have to deal with the stock twins (it's a lot easier if you do your turbos setup before you ever put the new motor in) I would do a light rebuild on the engine and change the valve stem seals. This option might take about 10k. If you really want a drop and wheels go with a r154 or even the stock w58 but you will need to get a clutch from Josh @ FSM. You can leave the stock twins to achieve your 350 HP goals if there isn't enough money.

The main point is that you should make a plan and put real thought into it. Try not to act on all the different impulses that came with dreams of fast cars. GL the car looks sweet.
Old 11-14-09, 06:51 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LCSC
First off don't do anything until you have come up with a plan for the car (It would be stupid to do a bunch of maintenance just to upgrade a few months down the road). and with no plan If you're not carefull 10k is real easy to blow throw one part at a time.

My suggestion would be to

2JZGTE/V160 swap, go single turbo from the get go so you never have to deal with the stock twins (it's a lot easier if you do your turbos setup before you ever put the new motor in) I would do a light rebuild on the engine and change the valve stem seals. This option might take about 10k. If you really want a drop and wheels go with a r154 or even the stock w58 but you will need to get a clutch from Josh @ FSM. You can leave the stock twins to achieve your 350 HP goals if there isn't enough money.

The main point is that you should make a plan and put real thought into it. Try not to act on all the different impulses that came with dreams of fast cars. GL the car looks sweet.

i coulden't have wrote that better my self
Old 11-14-09, 10:00 PM
DvSiR
Lead Lap

get some new seat covers. lol.