SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

check out my lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-02, 06:41 AM
lexlikenother
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It MELTS IT!!!

Lex400sc, I believe you are talking about Computerwhiz's post. He said that he was expecting it to blow a fuse or something, but instead it MELTED the clear plastic dome end of the holder. Then when he poked at it with a q-tip, it fell off in the housing. Plus, I don't see how he made it fit, b/c the bulb is a little bit longer, so the socket doesn't lock into place. It is WAY brighter than a stock bulb, but it's not worth it in my opinion.
Old 04-15-02, 08:11 AM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it shouldn't be illegal, I believe the only colors that are illegal are red and blue b/c they are for emergency vehicles only. At least that's what a cop told me but it might be different from state to state. My turning signals are green and the cops haven't bothered me yet.. but then again i try not to use them when i see a cop around me.
Old 04-15-02, 10:50 AM
Chairmnofthbord
Pole Position

Default Lexlikenother

lexlikenother are you refering to my post? because the WHITE bulb is the same exact bulb as the NA bulb (naturaly amber) minus the amber. so there is no difference in heat.

also the car already comes with that bulb, didnt you guys ever wonder why the signal light is a 2 way light, yet it only lights when signaling. the harness, the bulb and the plug all come ready, all you have to do is add 1 wire. i would guess in japan/europe they run those lights on, like mine are now.

super easy, takes about 20-30 minutes, makes the car look wider at night. havent had any probs with mine yet.
Old 04-15-02, 12:07 PM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

hey Chairmnofthbord, can you take more pics for your lights?
I like the way it is right now(headlights + parking lights) but i'm also interested in your 3 lights (headlights + parking lights + turning signal lights)
can you take one shot from far away?
Old 04-15-02, 08:01 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

Chairmnofthbord, lexlikenother was not talking about your bulb post, he was talking about the 8w bulb used in place of the parking light <the one in between the headlamp and the turning signal> and Lex400sc, yes it's a maybe possible to use it but like lexlikenother said, it will melt the little dome inside the housing, because the bulb itself is a lot bigger, it actually touches the plastic dome thingy-magigy, its just barely big enough to house the 194 bulb..
Old 04-15-02, 08:07 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Hey X, my sidemarkers already come on with the park lamps, that's how it was delivered, I wonder what the difference between our SC's is? I didn't notice until tonight, when I was fitting 9005 bulbs into the 9006 location, and realized about the markers.
- Jon
Old 04-15-02, 09:09 PM
Chairmnofthbord
Pole Position

Default signal light?

your talking about the signal light in the headlight housing? mine didnt light up, only flashed. if you look at the pic posted earlier by one of the membes you'll see his is the way mine was.

or are you refering to the amber lights on the bumper?
Old 04-16-02, 09:29 AM
Fantius
Rookie

Originally posted by ForNgoods
....i try not to use them when i see a cop around me.
That's pretty funny. You're doing something that IS illegal to avoid being busted for something that MAY be illegal.
Old 04-16-02, 11:02 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

lol, Fantius, that's exactly what I was thinking. X, I thought you meant the Amber bumper lights, never realized that signal light in the headlamp wasn't on when it wasn't flashing, gonna run that wire when I get a chance, like you said, i'm sure it'll make the car look wider at night. The 9005's in the low beams definitely made a difference, went from 51w to 65w (everyone agrees this is still within safe range of not melting anything, right?), and because the bulbs aren't capped, it's much whiter and a little brighter. So, how many of you have relayed the fogs to be on with the brights? lex400sc, I know you've done it, but yours didn't work to begin with, want' to talk to a couple more guys before doing this, a couple guys told me not to, but engines are my forte' , not complex negative-switched wiring.
Old 04-16-02, 11:08 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Looks like the Soarers don't have that signal lamp wired up either. Also, notice that their bumper markers aren't on with the headlamps, whereas ours are. Strange, huh?
Attached Thumbnails check out my lights-eyelines-and-bomex-at-night.jpg  

Last edited by Lex Luthor; 04-16-02 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-16-02, 07:40 PM
Chairmnofthbord
Pole Position

Default conspiricy!

the japanese are trying to get us back for that whole WWII, its driving us crazy!, smart, very very clever.

JK

No offence intended.
Old 04-16-02, 08:37 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

LOL.. that's probably what it's.. Chairm, what kind of wire did you use for it???
Old 04-16-02, 09:07 PM
bizzy928
Lexus Champion

Default So What about the relay? Will That Still work?

A while ago, lex400sc posted a guide to install a basic relay found at this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...rnering+lights

By wiring up this relay system, the signal lamps or the cornering lamps would be on all the time. However te signal lamps would not blink anymore.

My question is what is the difference between lex400sc's method and this method via the wire and RTV sealant. Is the relay method safer? Is the wire method a fire hazard?

I would love to make my cornering lamps AND my signaling lamps be on at the same time! That would look great!

Also, when you use the wire method. Do the signal lamps actually still blink? Because if they don't blink that would be very unsafe in turns, as they would not know you are turning or not...

Michael
Old 04-16-02, 10:24 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

For what I have understood so far, "ChairmMod" basically makes the bulb work as a 1157 bulb <double filament> instead of a 1156 bulb <single fil> and that the car already comes with a 1157 bulb, so if Im right on my understandings, this would actually make the turning signal still flash while turning but also ON when the headlights are on but with a dimmer light output than when turning as its on other models of cars out there..
Old 04-16-02, 10:41 PM
bizzy928
Lexus Champion

AHHH!
So are cars are compatible with a 1157 right?

Quick Reply: check out my lights