SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

driver side window switch not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-09, 10:03 AM
Tyrone Alf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGreen
Ok, thats what I was thinking that it might be, except not really because I'd be lost without you ****ers. Seriously I'm retarded. Here's a picture of me playing with my cat.

Holy ****, you believe this guy? Let it all out bro.
Old 12-10-09, 09:34 PM
Tyrone Alf
Driver School Candidate

bump... come on someone had to think that was funny.
Old 01-02-10, 05:49 PM
SpiderN9NE
Lead Lap

Post well

Finally got my car back today and i was thinkin about checkin this out if its not -50 degrees out tommorrow. so im bumping just in case anyone figured anything else out.

whether doesnt seem like its gonna change though and im defintely not taking my panel off when its this cold for every plastic piece in the world to break on me.

im even scared to take my taillights out like id had planned to do when i got my car back. to do some modding, im already scared as it is to mess with the +97 tails, being that i messed a 93 taillight on my first try. ive gotten pretty good at the headlights so that gives me a little reassurance.

so any input on the switch i will greatly appreciate
Old 01-02-10, 06:59 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My SC did that i thought it was just the switch that want bad... so i ordered a used one off eBay... it worked for a while doing the same thing... but due to the fact that the window moved like 3inchs and stopped when I'm parked or at a red light the shortage theory was back in affect... but the funny thing was when i accelerate i guess power was generated and the window would work... BUT THEN IT GOT WORST... it started making a zapping noise when the shortage thing happened and the noise was in the drivers switch but i still ignored it even do it would stop working every now and then... and know all it does is a zapping noise and both sides of my window don't work so i get a breezy through the sunroof... I'm just going to take a trip to Lexus even though they charge a arm/ a leg/ also a left nut...!! but that's the price to pay when you own a Lexus!!!
Old 01-03-10, 07:17 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Well you need to get a volt meter and start checking resistance values and voltage readings. If you pop out your master control switch on the drivers side you need to check and see if your getting voltage coming from the wires. You need to have the key on engine off to check the power sources. Move the door back and forth to see if you loose power to the connectors or get power to the grounds. You could have one or more cracked wires and it is jumping power to different wires. If that is not the case you might have a wiring issue from the switch to the regulator. That is when you need to see if you have continuity between that circuit. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Old 01-04-10, 02:14 AM
NSeagle78
Pole Position

Default Green wire with a white stripe, Driver door.

Cut the rubber boot that protects the wireing between door and car body with the door open on the SC400 1992. The break is probably dead center of the wireing. The rubber may still be attached and this will hide the break. It goes up and down sometimes because of the very slight connection it sometimes has. It will go down but not up is another symptom that make the green wire with white stripe suspect. This problem usually happens on the driver side because that is the door that opens and closes more often. It is a very slim chance that this problem is on the passenger side. I think the wire is green and white. UPDATE: In the frezzing weather I went and checked my vehicle. It is the Green wire with a white stripe. It is not any of thsoe aquagreen colors, the color is green with a white stripe.
Old 01-04-10, 04:04 PM
SpiderN9NE
Lead Lap

Post cool

thanks dude i guess i need to man up and go out in the cold. or just go to my uncles garage. but thanks regardless.