SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Need help in finding a Turbo installer....

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-02, 01:42 PM
TRDSupraSE
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help in finding a Turbo installer....

Hey I'm on Long Island and I am edging closer to getting a turbo kit for my Non-Turbo Supra...now does anyone know a really good installer around ther area? I called Paisley and they didn't seem like they wanted to talk to me so I dunno, I really don't want to go to Performance Factory. Any other places you guys know about??? Also is anyone here able to do the install?? Thanks a million...oh btw if I can find an installer and get a price on the install then I'm pretty sure I'm going to order my turbo kit...cross my fingers
Old 03-22-02, 02:18 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

I could tell you some shops but they're in KY. Sorry. Good luck.
Old 03-22-02, 02:54 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TRD, did you call the Turbo People?
Old 03-22-02, 06:07 PM
TRDSupraSE
Intermediate

nope didn't try the turbo people yet...can you give me their number? The only reason I'm skeptical about the Turbo People is that I never really heard about them and that I don't know of any cars they've done before...maybe we can cruise down there one day. thanks for the info
Old 03-22-02, 09:59 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sam, no problem to take a ride there w/ you, just have to get the time, been running around like a headless chicken. As for references to Job's shop, check just about every serious GN in the NY area. I can personally attest to seeing him run well into the 8's about 10 years ago, though I didn't use him when I was doin' Buick turbos, I dealt with John @ Eastern Performance. Vinny @ Perf. Factory has also used Turbo People's services. If you don't like that option, then convince my girlfriend to let me spend a week's vacation time with you instead of her, and i'll help you with the install. Good luck, but watch out, she's got a decent uppercut.
- Jon
Old 03-23-02, 09:16 PM
TRDSupraSE
Intermediate

damn it...seems like the deal with the turbo kit is going to fall through....the guy seems to be telling quite a few stories about the turbo kit of how and why he's selling and exactly how much abuse it has undergone...I still believe he has the kit but I don't want to take a chance with it since it involves a lot of money...back to looking for a decent turbo kit