SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Couple of mods in the works.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-09, 06:56 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aka paco
so did you just use some matte black vinyl and an exact-o knife?
I made a template of the SC and made a computer cut kit.
Old 04-28-09, 08:29 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are some better pics of the puddle lights.

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 02-24-11 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-28-09, 10:35 AM
OMD
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love puddle lights. soooo VIP! wouldn't it look better if you tucked the puddle lights a little? so you only see the projected light and not bulbs..
Old 04-28-09, 11:17 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
I made a template of the SC and made a computer cut kit.
lol are you serious? how much for a cut set?
Old 04-28-09, 12:07 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OMD
i love puddle lights. soooo VIP! wouldn't it look better if you tucked the puddle lights a little? so you only see the projected light and not bulbs..

Yup thats next..
Old 04-28-09, 01:36 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

are they mounted in front of the body seam that runs along the car ?
if they are puddle lights they should turn on with door light/dome light ?
saw someone driving with them on the other day.
Old 04-28-09, 02:08 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by OMD
Thanks Yea they look pretty nice at night I must say. The theme for the car is that it looks almost OEM but with some slight accessories to it. I have seen some puddle lights on other high end cars from the factory so this is just to get the same effect. Plus they actually serve a function!!!

The lights will get tucked a little more. This was just to get them on the car and see how much further in we need to go. Don't want to go too far into the car in case it ever goes on a lift again to get work done to it but it will get resolved.

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
Yup thats next..
Tru that Matt

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
are they mounted in front of the body seam that runs along the car ?
if they are puddle lights they should turn on with door light/dome light ?
saw someone driving with them on the other day.
If you look under the car they are mounted a little further into the middle of the car. So if you ran your hand under the sideskirt the lights are mounted before you get to the spot where you would jack the car up screwed into the plastic underneath.

Your right we did connect the lights to the light on top of your feet inside the driver side of the car which is also connected to the dome light of the car. So when you open the door the lights come on and when you close the door the lights will stay on until you hit the alarm which will then fade out the puddle lights and the dome light inside the car. I have a video of it on the previous page that shows it.

I can't get them to stay on just yet when I'm driving down the road unless one of the doors was open but hopefully that will get fixed after we put some switches in the car to make them stay on by themselves

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 04-28-09 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-28-09, 10:27 PM
OMD
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's great, i can't wait to get a body kit and install puddle lights too...but that's further down the list, manual conversion first! hehe... your car looks so clean man! well done..
Old 04-28-09, 11:21 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by OMD
that's great, i can't wait to get a body kit and install puddle lights too...but that's further down the list, manual conversion first! hehe... your car looks so clean man! well done..
Hey no problem doing a manual conversion first The puddle lights can be the finishing touch to your ride when its complete. Good luck with your build and thanks for the compliment
Old 04-29-09, 07:33 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice prss the light look real good i think i am gonna have to jumo on a set .... next time you lift up your car you think you could snap a few pics
Old 04-29-09, 09:40 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
nice prss the light look real good i think i am gonna have to jumo on a set .... next time you lift up your car you think you could snap a few pics
DO IT!!!! Haha....thanks for the compliment. I can definitely take a pic of the bottom of the car one of these days when I get a chance.
Old 04-29-09, 06:44 PM
rykwebb
Lexus Test Driver

Hell yeah PRS, I've never even heard of puddle lights but I'd love to do some red ones now that I see them. Lip looks tip top. Good ride, I can tell that you're one of those people who everytime they get out of their cars...they look back when theyre walking away.
Old 04-29-09, 06:55 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rykwebb
Hell yeah PRS, I've never even heard of puddle lights but I'd love to do some red ones now that I see them. Lip looks tip top. Good ride, I can tell that you're one of those people who everytime they get out of their cars...they look back when theyre walking away.
As I have said before.....DO IT!!!! Haha...yea they do have red ones so those would work real nice with your ride.

Thanks for the compliments on the lip and ride. Hopefully when I go back to my parent's place I will have the lip on. Should look pretty sweet when everything is all together.

Your absolutely right.....I always turn back around to look at my car when I get out and say to myself, "Man I have to thank God for blessing me with such a great life and to be fortunate enough to ride around in this beautiful car."
Old 05-07-09, 06:07 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Allright guys I have a decision to make.....the lip is primed and all it needs is the OEM paint to go on. The thing is I'm not sure if the lip really goes well with my car or not. If it doesn't im not sure I want to waste the paint on it or not, then I will just put it to the side or if anyone wants to buy it off of me they can. Sucks because I put alot of work into this yet it doesn't flow well with my car overall IMO or maybe it just needs to grow on me. Tell me what you think. (Mind you the lip would be a tad bit higher in the middle then it is right now.)

Old 05-07-09, 06:23 PM
msc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that looks very good congrats on the hard work

Quick Reply: Couple of mods in the works.....