SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

450 rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-02, 01:19 AM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450 rwhp

Toyomoto manifold, 60-1 (70 a/r front, 69 a/r rear), npr big i/c, ztt fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, turbonetics wastegate, greddy b/v, 440 inj., 2 550's extra inj, vpc, gcc, afc, tt h/g, tranny shift kit. All on a 94 sc300 a/t. Any other sugestions? Let me know. Thanks.
Old 03-05-02, 07:20 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that'd be good for over 500rwhp friend you passed the 450rwhp mark a long time ago
Old 03-05-02, 09:04 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Intercooler? Is it a good idea to monitor oil pressure?
I'm not savvy on the spc, gcc or tt h/g - turbo timer?
How bout actually getting the turbo manifold from toyomoto - I've heard it is difficult to do w/o purchasing the kit.

Not trying to throw bolts into your gears, just curious - cuz that's a real good goal you got there.

AJ
Old 03-05-02, 09:12 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

yeah thats who he'd be getting it from; its mention in the list...

ztt is a 300zxTT fuel pump; they flow tons of fuel and are extremely quiet... enough for 800hp i've been told

the alphabet soup is basically piggyback stuff...
the most important: vpc... vein pressure converter, converts over to speed density from the stock lex's afm (also allows for bigger injectors, etc)
gcc and s-afc used to tune the fuel perfectly

oh and big i/c is big intercooler

he's got enough to make alot of power

or wayne, you could get the AEM ECU and toss the piggyback units out the door; they make an application for the non-turbo Supra... which is our car with a shorter wheelbase; same wiring, same driveline, etc
Old 03-05-02, 10:23 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Oh - excellent.
Had a dumbaxx sandwich for lunch I guess.
Nice parts list.
Does the aem ecu take care of the s-afc also?
As always, I'd expect the need for a dyno once the work has been done to make the most.
A 300z tt fuel pump - what's the lpm on that - more than a supra?
Is 255lpm sufficient for this set-up?
Up to how much boost?
I know with a 3" gasket - boost can be cranked to 30 psi. Anyone done this?
the vein pressure converter - so this toyomoto turbo has veins in it - not the standard turbine? Where am I wrong here?
I'll check google.
Thanks for the info.
Good luck Wayne.
Old 03-05-02, 11:56 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

no, a vein pressure converter is for the air metering unit... in this case on a SC3 its a AFM which uses a Karhman Vortex device... the Supra TT uses a MAF which uses a hot needle I believe

and using the VPC piggyback allows you to convert from the AFM to speed density which means there IS no MAF or AFM, its measured by using a MAP sensor in the intake manifold and a temperature sensor...

and its not a 3" gasket, its prolly a 3mm gasket 3" would be a little big hehe; mosy import engines don't even have a stroke length that long

The AEM ECU is a standalone; programmable by laptop; you program EVERYTHING in... it its own ECU for your car... you just program the fuel and ignition maps for whatever turbo you're going to use

255lpm is sufficient but it depends on how much pressure your running

I believe the 300zxTT fuel pump is a 255lpm, but it can sustain that flow rate at really high pressures... the only purchasable intank fuel pump that flows more that i know of is the Walboro 312lph... yeah the lph on the Ztt pump is more than a Supra; its almost twice as much

don't worry; there's always something more to learn
Old 03-05-02, 12:39 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

don't you mean LPH? 255 L per minute would be an awful lot of fuel

-Ethan
Old 03-05-02, 02:14 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: 450 rwhp

Originally posted by wayne
Toyomoto manifold, 60-1 (70 a/r front, 69 a/r rear), npr big i/c, ztt fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, turbonetics wastegate, greddy b/v, 440 inj., 2 550's extra inj, vpc, gcc, afc, tt h/g, tranny shift kit. All on a 94 sc300 a/t. Any other sugestions? Let me know. Thanks.

I have all these parts except 440 injs. and tranny shift kit. Just waiting to have the time to get it installed. Hope fully within a month or so.
Old 03-05-02, 07:32 PM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those big A/Rs make me drool...
Of course so does the SP63/66 I'm considering.

You'll want a timing control like MSD 6BTM if you're staying with stock compression. If you're going with lower compression gasket, you may as well go straight to 25-30psi on a T66 or T70, especially with all that extra fuel. Dropping the compression puts the maximum boost over 23psi, which is past the peak efficiency of the T60-1, and more in line with a T66 or SP66.
Old 03-05-02, 07:36 PM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

Scott, my buddy has a Supra with the SP66 and all I can say is DAMN!!
Old 03-06-02, 04:16 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

buy a toyomoto kit and it will come with everyhting you need...your gonna need a additional injector controller...and toyomoto head gasket.....fittings...oil lines...ect ect...a toyomoto kit will have everyhting you need......Jeff
Old 03-06-02, 06:45 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by SC300TURBO
buy a toyomoto kit and it will come with everyhting you need...your gonna need a additional injector controller...and toyomoto head gasket.....fittings...oil lines...ect ect...a toyomoto kit will have everyhting you need......Jeff

Why would I buy the kit when I pretty much have everything that the kit has. Oh, also, by the way, I also have a tt block sitting in my garge. I've got a friend who has a hks aic that he's not using right now so i'll probably buy that off of him. Read my list, I have pretty much everything. Finding fittings and oil lines won't be much of a problem.
Old 03-06-02, 08:35 PM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need?

You'll want a good boost controller like an Apexi AVC-R. You'll also need a Toyomoto downpipe as its got to fit the outlet of the turbo and has to match up with the wastegate hanging off the manifold... While you're at it get the Toyomoto mid pipe. A shop could custom make this 3" stainless mandrel bent pipe, but its not likely to fit in the same manner. Also, I'm assuming that you have a source for the hard pipes for the intercooler. Other than that, its just fittings, specialized drill bits, etc.

I'm not familiar with the ZX fuel pump and how it works with the SC300 fuel pump ECU... It may work fine. I do know the MK3 Supra turbo fuel pump is a drop in job that is SC300 fuel pump ECU compatible.
Old 03-07-02, 01:45 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Need?

Originally posted by SC300T
You'll want a good boost controller like an Apexi AVC-R. You'll also need a Toyomoto downpipe as its got to fit the outlet of the turbo and has to match up with the wastegate hanging off the manifold... While you're at it get the Toyomoto mid pipe. A shop could custom make this 3" stainless mandrel bent pipe, but its not likely to fit in the same manner. Also, I'm assuming that you have a source for the hard pipes for the intercooler. Other than that, its just fittings, specialized drill bits, etc.

I'm not familiar with the ZX fuel pump and how it works with the SC300 fuel pump ECU... It may work fine. I do know the MK3 Supra turbo fuel pump is a drop in job that is SC300 fuel pump ECU compatible.
I've got a greddy profec b, the flange for the downpipe, the downpipe won't be a problem to make, and i've got a friend who already put a ttz f/p in and it works fine in his stock sc. Also a greddy turbo timer and an oil cooler. got pretty much everything covered. My back housing is already jet coated. Wish I had an upgraded ecu though.
Old 03-07-02, 01:49 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: 450 rwhp

Originally posted by wayne
I'm just trying to use all the parts I already have instead of spending the money to buy everthing over again in the kit. Double spending would not make much sense.

Quick Reply: 450 rwhp